• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Smith

Only reason AM hates Ramsey is jealousy. He is a very good player with the potential to be world class and everyone except Arsenal Mania and Arsenal Fan TV knows this.

You're all jealous because he's sexy.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
giphy.gif

What a fantastic gif :lol:.

mm76

Yer Da
Only reason AM hates Ramsey is jealousy. He is a very good player with the potential to be world class and everyone except Arsenal Mania and Arsenal Fan TV knows this.

You're all jealous because he's sexy.

thanks for putting me right - i thought he annoyed me because he gives the ball away in crucial positions leading to opposition goals, but you've made it all much clearer now... :rolleyes:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I was at the game. First and foremost before we talk about technical attributes or other things, what I saw from Ramsey high level of enthusiasm, a desire to work hard, he worked really really hard and tried to put in as many tackles as possible, he was trying to affect the game bursting into the box, he was bursting forward and then bursting back.

He gave everything he had. He was making 40 yard runs to get forward, knowing he would have to make a 40 yard run to get back in position and he was doing it.

Regardless of his actual technical output, which was good, decent and he had a couple of give away's, he didn't hide. Possibly Monreal and OX even if he was forced to defend showed anywhere near the same belief and will to win. Welbeck also had a spring in his step when he came on.

Sanchez and Özil weren't doing the hard yards. Xhaka was hiding. Gibbs was timid. Giroud didn't fancy it. Gabriel was Gabriel. Kos has been putting in strange performances in recent months. These are the players that let us down today.

If everyone matched Ramsey's bravery and desire yesterday, we wouldn't have lost.

For that and based on his past performances and his bad luck with injuries (some which have been as a result of mismanagement), I'm more than willing to forgive a few flicks or attempts at something that doesn't come off and keep him around.

* And on a side note, even though people cry about Ramsey playing on the right, we've played some of us best football in recent years awith him on the right. The cup final vs Villa being one and the games previously. The 3-0 at home with United was the same and the 4-1 at home against Liverpool in 2015. In an ideal world we have so many different variations of line-ups with either pace out wide with OX/Walcott or more structure i.e Ramsey/Iwobi.
Top post, wholeheartedly agree. In short, Ramsey is a midtable plodder.

top6trophy

thanks for putting me right - i thought he annoyed me because he gives the ball away in crucial positions leading to opposition goals, but you've made it all much clearer now... :rolleyes:

The edge of the opposition box is not a crucial position

The only match he properly messed up was Watford, and he promptly GTFO the pitch after it happened.

ARSNLNO1

Simple harsh fact is that we are going to need Ramsey next season, I like him, I know many do not but I personally feel any thoughts of selling him need to be put on hold for a season.

karl

Ramsey needs a new start somewhere else. He has been scarred by constant failure and not meeting the required level in 10 years at Arsenal. Not all his fault, but sometimes you have to say that overall it didn't work out.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To me he looks like a limited player who's trying to play like a top class player. Needs to keep it simple, there's a place in every team for at least one hard working limited player.
This is exactly it. In his purple patch he was doing the basics and just getting on with it. Then his head blew up. He still thinks he is Messi. Back to bsics and he could still be a very important player for us.

ksarp

We still talking about Ramsey? Ten years worth of data and cats are still using terms like "potential" and "injuries". He's a hard worker, with a low soccer IQ and doesn't quite fit into any midfield position.

ARSNLNO1

I personally love the guy, one of the hardest workers we have always gives 100% but he's a useful squad player not a first team starter for me.

mm76

Yer Da
Great performance, and it's nice that he had one without needing to be a goalscorer.

well, he could have maybe had one goal plus at least one assist if he hadn't cocked things up - sorry but let's not try and re-write history here - he's had one decent game against a poor Yanited side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom