• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Might be in the minority and I'm not saying they are great or elite assists lol, but that the part the passer played in those goals are worthy of some praise/recognition..
Absolutely, the pass to the player shooting has to be executed with the right weight each time.

The Henry one is a great example too because Cesc played it perfectly so that Henry didn't have to break stride before running onto it to score. It had to be precise, too far behind him or in front and the chance was gone.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
One of improvement you can see from Emery is that our attacking play is more planned. Prove is that our players seems to arrive quicker into the box. Under Wenger where everyone in attack was allowed to express them selves freely you could sometime seen a quick spontaneous attack only resulting in 1 player in the box attacking the ball. Now the other players arrive quicker and we are trying to crowd the penalty box with 4 players to attack the ball.

I think players will benefit from Wenger ideas throughout their career, but I always argued that to go next level the attacks needed to be a little bit more planned and structured. Emery seems to be doing that!

Which leads me to my final point, our attacks are more planned and structured but we still struggle to control the ball in the middle. As soon as we can play out from the back and control the middle third we could become a real force to be reckoned with!

Personally I prefer freedom in the final third and structure in the other 2/3rds, but yeah it definitely looks like we are attacking more 'planned' with the cutbacks and how many people we get in the box(which is great to see and we've looked like scoring in every game so far which hasn't always been the case the last 2 years).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pass is basic, but everything before that was great.. He played a big part in that goal...

Just because the scorer does the hard part, doesn't mean the action before that can't be good too.

And I know the point you are trying to make with that vid, but that's actually a good pass lol, takes out 3 players and finds Ramsey with lots of space, not as easy pass to see or execute as it looks.. Ramsey obviously makes the most out of it, but Özil did well to set up that chance for him.

This on the other hand is just a basic pass that resulted in an assist, where the passer does nothing special:

I know many will disagree, but for me stuff like this counts as 'good assists' even if the scorer is the one doing the hard part:

Good movement from Cesc and than plays the pass at the right time in the right space to allow Henry to finish on his first touch.

Again pass is basic, but does well to evade the defender and find Nasri in space.

Good overlap and puts the cross in the only area an Arsenal player can reach it.

Might be in the minority and I'm not saying they are great or elite assists lol, but that the part the passer played in those goals are worthy of some praise/recognition..
good explanation and examples. That Cesc pass to Henry in particular.

I don't believe Ramsey could have done anything else in that situation. The defender was tight to him, and he would have lost the ball if he didn't pass it.

So, in this case, I agree with @hydrofluoric acid , and think it is to do with a structure to our attack. In Wenger's time, he would probably have tried a trick or shot at goal.

skip spence

Liverpool sold Coutinho and became stronger afterwards..... heck Sp**s struggled for a while after selling Bale but are now better than ever. Will we return to the position where we actually have players that Barca and Madrid will want to poach?
It we could sell Ramsey for £100-150m i’d take the money and run. Besides, Sp**s ain’t all that.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We're essentially nullifying probably the most creative number ten in the world to accommodate probably the least.

I have to disagree here. If you watch the games and look at maps afterwards, it's pretty clear Özil is playing centrally, maybe slightly to the right. This actually frees him of clearcut markers - neither the opposition leftback nor the DM are really on to him. He drifts in and finds pockets of space. It's not like Ramsey is blocking the centre - he's actually far more to the left and slightly higher up than Özil. Özil on the right doesn't affect him playing centrally or our offensive shape, if one thing's the big imbalance it's the defensive shape.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I have to disagree here. If you watch the games and look at maps afterwards, it's pretty clear Özil is playing centrally, maybe slightly to the right. This actually frees him of clearcut markers - neither the opposition leftback nor the DM are really on to him. He drifts in and finds pockets of space. It's not like Ramsey is blocking the centre - he's actually far more to the left and slightly higher up than Özil. Özil on the right doesn't affect him playing centrally or our offensive shape, if one thing's the big imbalance it's the defensive shape.
Not really a new thing either is it, I think desperately missing a winger perhaps exasperates peoples disappointment in having Özil on the wing when he's actually doing the same thing he does centrally.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I’m finding it hard to judge his start to the season for two reasons.

A. It’s been a bit stop start due to injuries.
B. He’s playing out of position.

Aaron Ramsey is NOT a no.10. He simply isn’t. He struggles to opperate in tight spaces. He needs the game in front of him- to see the space and roam into it. That is when Rambo is at his deadliest.

When you take this into consideration, he’s doing a decent enough job. Two assists against Everton is nothing to scoff at. But if you flip the script, in this fixture last season he played in CM and scored a hat trick. It’s almost a case of which Ramsey would you rather :lol:.

He’s such a productive player. And has the right mix of technical quality. He just needs more room to be effective. Realistically, he needs to be in a midfield three.

If Emery is going to keep playing Özil on the right, it makes sense to drop Ramsey back a few yards. Then Özil can roam centrally into the no.10 role whilst Ramsey can run beyond him.

The only worry is the lack of protection for Bellerin at RB. But Ramsey and Torreira both have big enough engines to help him out when necessary. It’s all a work in progress.

It will click soon enough. For Ramsey and the team.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
It we could sell Ramsey for £100-150m i’d take the money and run. Besides, Sp**s ain’t all that.

Somebody on the previous page compared Ramsey to Coutinho (who by the way I consider a very overrated player,) and now this... Who would buy Ramsey for... 100-150m, and when? He will only have 6 months left on his contract in January ffs. It can be a good deal if we sell him for 15m, let alone 100, depending on other factors (whether he intends to sign, what Emery sees in him etc.)

He certainly is replaceable, Joaquin Correa (though a very different player in style, just to be sure, but Emery can work with players like him) was sold at 24 years of age for around 12m pounds. Good players moved all the time for low fees last summer especially compared to the one before, and you'd think somebody would pay 100m for Ramsey?!?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Somebody on the previous page compared Ramsey to Coutinho (who by the way I consider a very overrated player,) and now this... Who would buy Ramsey for... 100-150m, and when? He will only have 6 months left on his contract in January ffs. It can be a good deal if we sell him for 15m, let alone 100, depending on other factors (whether he intends to sign, what Emery sees in him etc.)

He certainly is replaceable, Joaquin Correa (though a very different player in style, just to be sure, but Emery can work with players like him) was sold at 24 years of age for around 12m pounds. Good players moved all the time for low fees last summer especially compared to the one before, and you'd think somebody would pay 100m for Ramsey?!?

His value is inflated within the PL because of his nationality. The fact he qualifies as a home grown player in England will bump his value up significantly.

With Brexit as well we have no idea what visa restrictions will be on foreign signings. Very likely scenario if there’s a no deal where the home office requires individual visas for all overseas players.

That would mean no one under the age of 18 at all and if the current visa rules are applied only certain “exceptional” players allowed.

If that happens British players will skyrocket in value, guys like Dele Alli will suddenly be worth well over 100M.

We need Ramsey to re-sign just to cover all bases, his wage demands are ridiculous but I’ve a feeling we’ll be par for the course if we pay that.

ThlRama

His value is inflated within the PL because of his nationality. The fact he qualifies as a home grown player in England will bump his value up significantly.

Let's see what interest he attracts from within the PL then, and whether he'll be happy to go to those teams. Can you imagine Ramsey eating up his ego and going to West Ham or Everton or any of those?

But still, that "inflated" value you are speaking of will in no way be over 40m with 6 months left on his contract - and that at a stretch.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Let's see what interest he attracts from within the PL then, and whether he'll be happy to go to those teams. Can you imagine Ramsey eating up his ego and going to West Ham or Everton or any of those?

But still, that "inflated" value you are speaking of will in no way be over 40m with 6 months left on his contract - and that at a stretch.

Sorry I accidentally posted too quickly, added a little bit more to my original.

You’re right we’re not gonna get 40M in January, but my point is he’s gonna get a LOT of offers. He’s starting quality for any team in the league apart from City and Chelsea.

Because of his passport alone he’ll be getting offers from at least three of our rivals.

I understand people don’t rate him but look at his competition. Objectively is he better than say Herrera, Fred, Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, Eric Dier, Dembele or Harry Winks? It’s not even close.

ThlRama

I understand people don’t rate him but look at his competition. Objectively is he better than say Herrera, Fred, Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, Eric Dier, Dembele or Harry Winks? It’s not even close.

That's a long list of names to post, I don't really agree, let's leave it that. Some of those are in much better form, some are very different players and others are better for the system they are required to play. And Harry Winks is a nobody and Dembele is now done, big deal.

Above you mentioned that us resigning him might leave us on par which is fair enough and I have claimed as much myself, but in that case he needs to accept the bench role. It also pisses me off that he is holding us to ransom, that's just one incident too many now however Ramsey isn't RvP, Sanchez or Özil quality. It could very well be a better strategy to tell him to piss off, so that nobody tries that **** on us anymore.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's a long list of names to post, I don't really agree, let's leave it that. Some of those are in much better form, some are very different players and others are better for the system they are required to play. And Harry Winks is a nobody and Dembele is now done, big deal.

Above you mentioned that us resigning him might leave us on par which is fair enough and I have claimed as much myself, but in that case he needs to accept the bench role. It also pisses me off that he is holding us to ransom, that's just one incident too many now however Ramsey isn't RvP, Sanchez or Özil quality. It could very well be a better strategy to tell him to piss off, so that nobody tries that **** on us anymore.

Some are in good form as of this week but be honest over the course of a season I know who I’d rather.

Again it’s not that he’s on an RVP or Özil level, he’s clearly not. However he is 100% a top club starter and he’s British. That probably makes him more valuable on the market than Özil in that sense.

ThlRama

Some are in good form as of this week but be honest over the course of a season I know who I’d rather.

Again it’s not that he’s on an RVP or Özil level, he’s clearly not. However he is 100% a top club starter and he’s British. That probably makes him more valuable on the market than Özil in that sense.

Ramsey with two years left on his contract we could easily use as bait to get 70m from Chelsea or Man. United, if that's your point I agree with it. We shouldn't have done it back then because he was indispensable, but right now with our squad different and him soon only having 6 months left in another story. Not to mention he has regressed since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom