• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvken

Established Member
I don't know about this, so I would love someone to explain: isn't it a bit early for them to "encourage him to walk unaided" - as in the weight, the movement, etc? it happened a moth ago. The leg looked like this ^ ?

Captain

Established Member
apparently the new surgical technique makes it possible; think it is explained somewhere in this thread.

yuvken

Established Member
Found nothing here :|

If anyone can explain how that happens, I'd be most interested. In fact, it is hardly 3 weeks (!)
Looks like a long time. We just had so much drama since then, it looks like ages. But if we were told that week, when many of us were enraged, that he'd be coming to visit the guys walking on this - ^ - unaided, we'd probably consider that unbelievable.

ultradoc

Established Member
i had a ^ fracture of my femur as kid and i was instructed bed rest for 2months after the surgery. That was pretty long ago though,they used the plate and drill to fix it in place.

Bone takes longer than a month to grow back in a fracture. Perhaps bone grafting or other stimulating factors have been discovered now for quicker recovery.

Captain

Established Member
yuvken said:
Found nothing here :|

If anyone can explain how that happens, I'd be most interested. In fact, it is hardly 3 weeks (!)
Looks like a long time. We just had so much drama since then, it looks like ages. But if we were told that week, when many of us were enraged, that he'd be coming to visit the guys walking on this - ^ - unaided, we'd probably consider that unbelievable.

Maybe it was somewhere else, I'll try to find it after the ManU game. It's something to do with inserting the metal bar down through the bone from the knee area.

Captain

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/749013/REMARKABLE-DEVELOPMENTS-FOR-RAMSEY.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... AMSEY.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

News of the World medical expert, Dr Hilary Jones added: "I must say the operation carried out on Aaron is a pretty unusual, and reasonably recent, procedure. You would normally want to immobilise a broken bone for at least six weeks and, in the past, a cast was always put on or, at least, some kind of plastic walking boot. But with mid-shaft break of the tibia and fibula, as Aaron suffered, this is no longer necessary."

"If the fracture was near the knee or the ankle, he would almost certainly be in plaster. In the procedure, a nail or rod is slipped through the middle of each broken bone into the soft marrow area and used to unite the breaks. Because the nail is rigid it makes it stable enough to allow the person to walk on the leg without a plaster cast."

"A small incision will be made just below the knee of about ¾ of a centimetre and the nails will be run through the shaft of each of the broken bones. There will also be three little stab wounds put into the leg to help the surgeon manipulate the nails. In each case, the length of the rod will be about 2/3 the length of the bone."

"Because of the location of the fracture that will make it stable enough to walk around with crutches almost immediately."

operation_aaron_280x_97451a.jpg

yuvken

Established Member
Cheers, captain. That looks like... operation Aaron, I think :) .

(I must say, that s*** is unbelievable)

yuvken

Established Member
...step 3 a. Insert the rod into the tibia and lower all the way down.
:!: Make sure you hear the click sound for proper installation.

3b. repeat the action for the Fibula.

DO NOT REMOVE THE ATTACHED RED RIBBONS FROM EDGES.
loss of red ribbons may result in considerable difficulty when rods need to be removed.
In case the rod slips into the bone and no ribbon edge is visible, DO NOT STEP ON LEG, and consult
a licensed human spare part technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom