• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvken

Established Member
- "next!"

- "name?" - "vermaelen, tom".

"nurse, why can't I find this one on the list?"

"That's a TV type, doctor. it comes built-in".

"off you go... next!"

Biggus

Established Member
Invincible said:
It will be good to see him picking up his winners medal without having the crutches on come seasons end. :D
Nah it'll be cooler with crutches, Bobby Pires fashion. 8))

Also chicks dig scars. :wink:

yuvken

Established Member
There was no "built-in" crutches in Bob's time...

well the times they are - a - changin...

Also chicks dig cool tek 8))

("That's the guy I was telling you about; he's got i-crutch touch" - "yeah? he'll let me touch?")

ricky1985

Established Member
Source
Aaron Ramsey’s rapid road to recovery from his horrific double leg break has seen the Arsenal midfielder resume running for the first time.

Ramsey, who shattered his right leg in a clash with Stoke’s Ryan Shawcross, is four months into a long-term rehab programme.

But the Welshman, 19, has been able to step up work and has even started light training. Wales assistant boss Dean Saunders said: “Aaron is running now and just needs the pin taken out at some stage.

“That’s a decision he will make soon when he’s ready, but from what I’ve heard he’s progressing brilliantly and it shouldn’t be too long.

“It’s important for him, Arsenal and Wales to get back playing as he’s a great talent who should be showing us that on the football pitch.”

Great news, really can't wait to see him back playing.

Can anyone offer a bit more insight into the sort of schedule we can expect for Ramsey's road back to full fitness? Dean Saunders mentions in that article that Aaron needs to have the pin removed from his leg - does that require recovery, or will he be good to go straight away?

Is it unrealistic to hope that he might be able to partake in our pre-season programme along with all the other players? He's got another 4 weeks or so.

banduan

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Is it unrealistic to hope that he might be able to partake in our pre-season programme along with all the other players? He's got another 4 weeks or so.

It is, cos it takes typically 6 weeks to get back to full fitness from full recovery, and nothing in that article says he's fully recovered, considering the newfangled op allowed him to walk well in advance of healing.

taylor314gh

thegame24 said:
yuvken said:
thegame24 said:
They take the rods out after, i think.
Errr... how?

lol not a doctor. No idea i just said i think they take out the rods.

A player on the high school soccer team I coach had a very similar leg break, both bones clean through. They put in titanium rods that aren't coming back out, Dr. said he will be stronger after he heals because of the rods.

KY

Established Member
Implants nowadays can last forever. In fact a lot of them are specifically made to. I used to work in a factory that designs and produces various implants, and these kind of implants are specifically designed for athletes who suffer major injuries so that they can continue their career after the surgery. It could easily last over 3 decades or a lifetime if the leg doesn't suffer anymore major trauma...

Rorz

Established Member
Nice to hear he's progressing so quickly, but under no circumstances must he be rushed back.

On the pins in his leg, I take it he has to have more surgery to remove them, or do they stay there?

CandysRoom

Established Member
People seem to think they will be removed eventually. I think i read Dean Saunders talking about it.

It's good to know he's up and about in light training, but we shouldn't expect to much from him next season, and i only hope Wenger doesn't! I'll be glad if he can just break his way back into the first 11 next season, i won't be to worried about how well he plays!

banduan

Established Member
KY said:
Implants nowadays can last forever. In fact a lot of them are specifically made to.
he'll take them out the moment he hears the beeb over his fibula and french radio over his tibia.

yuvken

Established Member
KY and taylor - you both answered a question hanging for 4 months in this thread: How the hell do they take it out? interestingly, you both indicated that it seems modern medicine opts not to (take it out). But worryingly, it seems they do plan to take it out in Aaron's case. Hopefully they really have a plan... "We can't give a proper estimation of Ramsey's return, since the doctors haven't figured out a way to take out the metal rod". Let him keep it, and now go into tackle with Ryan the sensitive.

taylor314gh

yuvken said:
KY and taylor - you both answered a question hanging for 4 months in this thread: How the hell do they take it out? interestingly, you both indicated that it seems modern medicine opts not to (take it out). But worryingly, it seems they do plan to take it out in Aaron's case. Hopefully they really have a plan... "We can't give a proper estimation of Ramsey's return, since the doctors haven't figured out a way to take out the metal rod". Let him keep it, and now go into tackle with Ryan the sensitive.

yeah, though someone said that Aaron's rods are made of steel. Funny that high school insurance would pay for titanium rods, but a footballer would only get steel ones. I would assume they stay in, unless Aaron specifically wants them out for some reason.

Oh, and as far as the crutches thing, the player on my team was released from the hospital 3 days later with just an air cast, which he wore for about a week. he was walking without crutches about 2 weeks after the break. Modern medicine is freaking incredible.

yuvken

Established Member
taylor314gh said:
player on my team was released from the hospital 3 days later with just an air cast, which he wore for about a week. he was walking without crutches about 2 weeks after the break. Modern medicine is freaking incredible.
That really is amazing. next they'll put a mask on your face, and by the time you wake up it will leave no trace. "leg break? nah, you had a bad dream, that's all".

Timleaf

Established Member
Danny Cipriani, the England rugby player, played a season with a steel pin in his leg after fracturing his ankle. He had it removed in a minor operation about 20 months after having it inserted. The op to have it removed was a minor one that kept him out for just a couple of weeks.

ricky1985

Established Member
Dean Saunders said:
“Aaron is running now and just needs the pin taken out at some stage.

“That’s a decision he will make soon when he’s ready, but from what I’ve heard he’s progressing brilliantly and it shouldn’t be too long."

It's a question of when not if he has the pins taken out. I suspect it will be fairly soon - that's why I'd like to know if there's any recovery involved. I wouldn't have thought there is. It's probably very straightforward.

outlaw_member

Established Member
KY said:
Implants nowadays can last forever. In fact a lot of them are specifically made to. I used to work in a factory that designs and produces various implants, and these kind of implants are specifically designed for athletes who suffer major injuries so that they can continue their career after the surgery. It could easily last over 3 decades or a lifetime if the leg doesn't suffer anymore major trauma...

Wouldn't that be performance enhancing? :twisted:

KY

Established Member
I'd worry more about the loss of bone marrow that this surgery would require. Of course, i'm no doctor and have no idea what are the side effects, but I'm pretty sure bone marrow plays an important role in the body immune system.

Performance enhancing would be the last of my worries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom