• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby speaks

jay-d

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Jay-d, I wonder if you be so quick to defend Denilson, instead of a player you rate in Diaby?

I think it just sums Diaby up, he hasn't got a clue what it means to play for Arsenal. he wouldn't know passion if it jumped up and slapped him in the face. He should watch a bit of his Captain and Thierry whilst he's at it. They are not just any old celebrations, they are goals against the enemy, and you can see how much it means to them, but I suppose that's "all for show".

Not defending the player Ricky, just defending the injustice in the manor he has been treated over this whole silly affair. Diaby is a player who I think 'COULD' be very good but until now hasnt been anywhere consistent enough to warrant a place in the Arsenal squad and if he was moved on and replaced I wouldnt be fussed but like I said the way people go over board annoys more than anything. People really think other players wouldnt wear a Sp**s shirt indoors because they love Arsenal too much are dillusional, these are the same players who cheat on their wives and girlfriends, who have bore children for them etc FFS, people need to get a grip and realize life isnt as 1 dimensional as they seem to make out.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
jay-d said:
Not defending the player Ricky, just defending the injustice in the manor he has been treated over this whole silly affair. Diaby is a player who I think 'COULD' be very good but until now hasnt been anywhere consistent enough to warrant a place in the Arsenal squad and if he was moved on and replaced I wouldnt be fussed but like I said the way people go over board annoys more than anything. People really think other players wouldnt wear a Sp**s shirt indoors because they love Arsenal too much are dillusional, these are the same players who cheat on their wives and girlfriends, who have bore children for them etc FFS, people need to get a grip and realize life isnt as 1 dimensional as they seem to make out.

Mate, you are spot on.

You have to make peace with the fact that Diaby gets treatment which is linked to his contribution to the fortunes of Arsenal FC.

Im pretty sure that if it was Fabregas or Wilshere who made the following comments, it would be seen as far lesser a deal than what we see right now. And no, noen of us on this forum can confidently say that they would never do this, as seen mentioned in this thread, as we dont know these players well enough to draw such conclusions.

At the end of the day though, it must be said that these comments are silly and immensely funny at the same time. But as you say, football players have shown to be fairly silly people as well.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Diaby is a *****. A 10 year old of normal intelligence could have figured out that saying such a thing will NEVER go down well with the fans. He should have known better.

Personally, I am not too fuzzed about whether Diaby runs around in a Spud shirt or buck naked covered in chocolate in his home as long as he performs on the pitch.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Humble Rex said:
Diaby is a *****. A 10 year old of normal intelligence could have figured out that saying such a thing will NEVER go down well with the fans. He should have known better.

Personally, I am not too fuzzed about whether Diaby runs around in a Spud shirt or buck naked covered in chocolate in his home as long as he performs on the pitch.

That sums it up perfectly.

@Ricky glad someone recognises the passion that Cesc has shown for Arsenal .

I will always remember when he came off the sub bench against Villa and scored two and went of injured again . He has ****ed his hamstrings for Arsenal a great sacrifice .

number_0

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
If Anderson was quoted in an interview going on about how Robinho gave him a City shirt and he wore it round the house, do you think someone at United would have a word? If not Ferguson then Ferdinand or Neville etc.

I don't expect Arsène to go apesh*t and rip it off Diaby but someone in the club needs to have a word.

The people who are indifferent to this, don't come moaning about how the players don't understand what it is to be a fan and how a gulf has developed between fan and player.

The only one who should be having a word with Diaby here is his PR manager (assuming he has one).

I don't think what he said was offensive and out of line, but i could understand why the fans won't like it.

Diaby's only fault here is being a **** player and people are just looking for a scaregoat to dish out on.

Anzac

Established Member
Humble Rex said:

By the same token his comments & those of other players in general are also indicative of how mercenary the modern CL footballer is, particularly if they are not a local product. They have a short period of time to maximise their potential earnings, achievements, place in history & act accordingly. As a result there is often a distance between the player and the die hard club supporters.

ricky1985

Established Member
celestis said:

I will always remember when he came off the sub bench against Villa and scored two and went of injured again . He has ****** his hamstrings for Arsenal a great sacrifice .
The treatment Cesc gets on this forum is nothing short of disgusting.

alboots101

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
celestis said:

I will always remember when he came off the sub bench against Villa and scored two and went of injured again . He has ****** his hamstrings for Arsenal a great sacrifice .
The treatment Cesc gets on this forum is nothing short of disgusting.

Are you saying he should`nt be criticised?

@celestis

And are you saying he would`nt have fkd his hamstrings anywhere else?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What I as saying is bootsy , there are plenty of times when he was rushed from injury to rescue this team which he did to the detriment of his overall career. The level of commitment he has put in over 6-7 years is beyond criticism in my eyes .

TeknoFreak79

No player is beyond criticism when warranted.

I will also be asking Mr Diaby if I can have the Sp**s shirt for when I run out of toilet paper.

ebouenolike

Established Member
TeknoFreak79 said:
No player is beyond criticism when warranted.

I will also be asking Mr Diaby if I can have the Sp**s shirt for when I run out of toilet paper.

Form an orderly queue outside the Arsenal medical center.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm with Celestis and Ricky in regards to Cesc. When you couple this Sp**s shirt bollocks with his comments of wanting to play for Real or Barca you have to think Diaby must be on a wind up.

alboots101

Established Member
Oh Diaby..well he can fk off.

I think Cesc`s commitment is beyound question, his ability to captain is another matter.

AFCG7

Established Member
Wenger should put a gagging order on some of our players.
Wilshere needs talking to as well , some of his goading on twitter isnt necessary at all.

TeknoFreak79

I don't think that Diaby should open his mouth period. He should have an intelligent spokesperson beside him at all times. Perhaps somebody from here?

Boots maybe?

AshburtonGhost

alboots101 said:

I think Cesc`s commitment is beyound question, his ability to captain is another matter.

Fab's a good skipper, but because he hasn't won much or isn't a blood-and-thunder type, he probably doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves. I feel for him a bit, can't help but feel it's all been a bit wrong place, wrong time for him at Arsenal - he's given us a hell of a lot.

jay-d

Established Member
AshburtonGhost said:
alboots101 said:

Fab's a good skipper, but because he hasn't won much or isn't a blood-and-thunder type, he probably doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves. I feel for him a bit, can't help but feel it's all been a bit wrong place, wrong time for him at Arsenal - he's given us a hell of a lot.

I admit I don't like Fabregas as skipper mainly due to his open desire to play for another club, but what qualities does he posses that make him a 'good skipper'in your opinion?

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom