• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby

Fab Fabre04

fanatic gooner said:
Fab Fabre04 said:
Monster of a player who was viciously assaulted by a sunday league standard player of a c**t.

I can't wait for a Diaby - Smith reunion. I'm going to tape it and stick it all over the internet so the world can see what a true monster Diaby is.
Hope he gives the Royal sized ****y asshole what I wanted to give him, but knowing the FA they'll ban him. BAH!

f**k the F.A

Hopefully all the other players will be too scared with what he did to c**t and stay out of his way so he can score a goal or 2 per match.

Hope the injury doesn't slow down his career and hope that Smith goes to the slammer after the police discover he's been involved a triangle of prostitution with Mourinho and Ferguson.

Quality :thumbup

Thanks, nice to be appreciated for getting up on the wrong side of the bed with brain damage :D

Fab Fabre04

I can see why people are comparing Diaby to Vieira, but Vieira could tackle better and play as a DM.

Diaby could play in DM one day as Wenger polishes him but at the moment he's not quite at Vieira 's standards.

Give him a few years.

He'll be the terror of the Premierleague. Crushing defenders into itty bitty pieces with his physical type of play and skill.

He's a good passer but if he could produce Berige type passes he would be amazing.

What do you reckon are his chances of making the France squad for Euro 2008.

Imagine a Vieira - Diaby Partnership.

Can't see it happening, but if it did it would be interesting

been

actually i was htinkin before 06 WC i kept saying after watching diaby vs birmingham OMFG this guy could play for france

i think we can see many youngsters for Euro 08 fter all alot are getting old

i think these are the candidates

Rio Mavuba*
Abou Diaby

lol thats all i can think of who stadn out for me so far

* = highly likely

bazza_afc

been said:
actually i was htinkin before 06 WC i kept saying after watching diaby vs birmingham OMFG this guy could play for france

i think we can see many youngsters for Euro 08 fter all alot are getting old

i think these are the candidates

Rio Mavuba*
Abou Diaby

lol thats all i can think of who stadn out for me so far

* = highly likely

Could someone tell me who this Rio guy is

nazo

Established Member
bazza_afc said:

France U21 captain.
He was selected in the u21 championship team of the tournament (uefa's one), more info:
Centre midfield: Rio Antonio Mavuba (France)
The FC Girondins de Bordeaux midfielder was destined for greatness even before these finals, having won five full caps. Here Les Bleuets' captain led from the front, not least with the crucial second goal in the group match against Germany. Picking up possession inside his own half, the 22-year-old surged forward leaving two defenders in his wake before applying a perfect finish to score. Equally adept at tackling and passing, Mavuba has it all.

been

ive ehard alot aobut him and we were linked with him awhile back

but ive never sen hi play any who has plz care to share some info please

Shell

fabregas_is_our_king said:
everyone compares diaby to vieira, but what i have noticed is that diaby is a much better dribbler of the ball and more skillfull than vieira. sure vieira will run at players but was never hugely skillful, especially at diaby's age
You sure about this? Vieira used to flick the ball over the opposing players heads with ease. Also, he used to skip past 2-3 players with ease on many occasions.

asajoseph

Established Member
Vieira was a very good dribbler - unfortunately, since Ronaldo came to the Premiership everyone's been using him as the benchmark for dribbling players in terms of both ability and, more bizarrely, style.

Vieira was excellent at taking the ball past players. Anyone who bothered to watch him when he was playing before 2004 could tell you that.

Savaloisav

I can remember Vieira taking the ball from our half and taking the ball into the opositions are and threading fantastic passes through...He didnt even need to like be a twinkle toes really, hes strength and Pace going forward sort of did it all for him. Also one of the most skillfull players ive ever seen which alot of people dont comment on

Savaloisav

Artillero said:
Do we know if Diaby is going o Austria for pre season.

Is he fixed enough to do light training yet?

I saw him at Members day, he wasnt playing, but he wasnt on cruches, he was chilling with his cronies....Adebayour, Song and Toure lol

qs

Established Member
th14fan said:
Hey qs- what is up with you? I am not romanticizing. I am talking about him being a presence on the field. Everyone on this forum agrees that he is/ was fast on his way to becoming a great player. You don't get the "Next Vieira" tag put on you for nothing. So stop being a whinny baby and quit bashing people.

Youre right its not put on him for him fopr nothing, its put on him because he's a tall, bald, black central midfielder. Thats all it takes for people like you to come up with this "new Vieira" rubbish. Vieira started as a very defensive player whos strengths were his tackling and ball wining in the air, overtime he became much better at driving forward but at 19 he had very little in common with Diaby now.

I didnt bash anyone, its you who cant discuss a player and have a difference of opinion without getting upset and insulting people.

lazyfreak

bluenaz said:
bazza_afc said:

France U21 captain.
He was selected in the u21 championship team of the tournament (uefa's one), more info:
Centre midfield: Rio Antonio Mavuba (France)
The FC Girondins de Bordeaux midfielder was destined for greatness even before these finals, having won five full caps. Here Les Bleuets' captain led from the front, not least with the crucial second goal in the group match against Germany. Picking up possession inside his own half, the 22-year-old surged forward leaving two defenders in his wake before applying a perfect finish to score. Equally adept at tackling and passing, Mavuba has it all.
Isn't Mavuba being compared to Jean Tigana? Because thats how good he or something?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Diaby looked like an amazing prospect until the assault. And it was an assault, not a tackle.

His injury was horrific. Basically, have a feel of your ankle and all the different bones and ligaments and stuff. All of that was broken. Everything. I've absolutely no doubt that if this had happened only 20 years ago his career would have been over.

Even with all the medical knowledge now it's still a very difficult injury to get over and it takes a lot of time.

Personally I'd be very happy to see him at all this season. Any playing time from him is a bonus because if he can get match fit by March/April he could well have the same impact he was threatening to have last term.

Me<--

Diaby looked amazingly average whenever i saw him play. Paddy on the other hand was 15 feet tall with massive gnashing teeth from the first moment he stepped onto the hallowed turf, there was hardly a weakness anywhere in his game.

Prediction : Diaby will never be as good.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Me<-- said:
Diaby looked amazingly average whenever i saw him play. Paddy on the other hand was 15 feet tall with massive gnashing teeth from the first moment he stepped onto the hallowed turf, there was hardly a weakness anywhere in his game.

Mate, Diaby looked like a monster at times, in some periods of games he looked the BUSINESS.

In the next one he looked ****. In the reserves he was even worse at times.

You know why that is?

I'll give you a guess.

DOB & DOA.

Anyone want to relive that assault, not that I do cos it makes my stomach churn, there's a long 3 minute clip you know where.

Only thing missing is seeing him stretchered off with his foot being held on by his sock.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Me<-- said:

Got to say if that's your analysis of Diaby then you're no judge of a player.

Me<--

Perhaps i'm judging him by Paddy's high standards. i've seen every clip going of him and ATVO highlights of the reserve games, He will need to improve quite a bit to match vieira at the same age, then keep improving, I like his style of play, but seriously doubt he's the new paddy or will ever be considered as good.

PS where's the paragraph button?

kel varnsen

Established Member
again with the hyperboles here on mania...

diaby is not the greatest player in the world, but he's not terrible either. all in all, he played fairly average in the few games he figured in last season. he showed in glipses that he's an exciting prospect, but at the same time it was obvious that he has a long way to go before becoming an important first team player.

he's good on the ball and can beat defenders quite easily and in that way, he is quite similar to vieira. he is quite strong physically as well and his close control is good. on the other hand, he has a tendancy to go completely awol for much of the 90 mins. he completely disappears for up to 10 mins at a time. in addition, he lacks the timing and positioning skills that made vieira one of the best tacklers in the world. diaby is constantly a little to late into challenges and, thus, gives away too many free kicks. in addition, he doesn't read the game as well as vieira did.

going forward, he is a bit similar to vieira; both in a good and a bad way. as mentioned, he dribbles very well and can carry the ball forward beating several defenders with ease. using his strength and excelent close control. his work rate looks pretty good as well and his 'range and motor' seems pretty good. however, as vieira, his passing is very erratic. not only does he lack a bit of accuracy and pace on his passing, but he makes the wrong decision as well too often which in turn means we lose the ball or the attack slows down.

diaby might be a diamond in the rough, but i think it's a bit too early to tell. he needs to work on his weaknesses..

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
diaby is not the greatest player in the world, but he's not terrible either. all in all, he played fairly average in the few games he figured in last season. he showed in glipses that he's an exciting prospect, but at the same time it was obvious that he has a long way to go before becoming an important first team player.

Agreed in the most part, considering he'd come here in Jan not long after injury and having not played very much at all he did okay. As I said in some periods of some games he looked the bollocks, whilst at others looked average at best.

People can argue all they want whether it's Cesc or Gilberto infront of him, it's clear he's someway away from both but, IMO, a solid run of games against the likes of Portsmouth, Sunderland, Fulham, Birmingham and the like will/would have done wonders for him. But that's been ****ed now.

I just hope he's looked at how well Smith's come back is looking and taking heart from it.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom