• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Achraf Hakimi

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Only for you rex, since many others will start talking about Grealish being impossible - just as a mindgame: Bissouma+Hakimi or Grealish ?

Tough one tbh. Right now assuming Ødegaard isn’t staying I’d still say Grealish.

Hakimi looks a problem though, major Dani Alves vibes from him. Also think we should look at Berge or Anguissa if they’re relegated. Might be cheaper than Bissouma.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Tough one tbh. Right now assuming Ødegaard isn’t staying I’d still say Grealish.

Hakimi looks a problem though, major Dani Alves vibes from him. Also think we should look at Berge or Anguissa if they’re relegated. Might be cheaper than Bissouma.

I love Hakimi, but Grealish has developed into my pipe dream signing. Would probably let go of other signings, especially since he also looks to be relatively healthy and rarely gets big injuries.

LW is still a weak spot, Auba isn't a winger that contributes play.

All in all, if we were to do any kind of big deal in the current climate, I'd say it definetely comes at the price of no more.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Last I watched him he was a bit of a kick and run merchant anyway, what’s his game like without space to run into?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’d literally be content with a summer of just Grealish. He’s on his way to one man attack status like Hazard was at Chelsea.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’d be a little nervous here just because there’s shades of Kolasnic deal to it where people expected him to slot in at LB and he never carried over his wing back form.

Would also need better midfield cover. Not sure how well Partey and Xhaka hold up with a right back that is supposedly 90% attack.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yes, please. Defensively shaky but we badly need improvement going forward anyways, and less so defensively.

Still young and can improve defensively with Arteta's coaching.

I like Héctor, but Héctor post injury, well..

Achraf >>> Bellerín

Malky

Established Member
Yes please.
On the ball Hakimi is levels above Bellerin, that alone improves us dramatically.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’d literally be content with a summer of just Grealish. He’s on his way to one man attack status like Hazard was at Chelsea.

I’m not sure why Chelsea spent a ridiculous amount on Havertz when they could have easily offered Villa the same amount for Grealish.

Tierney, Saka and Grealish all overloading our left side is so needed.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Anyone have some statistics on the defensive side of his game? What is his win% in duels for example?

I rate him on the ball, that side of his game is obviously good, but he needs to be capable defensively at least.

@Sebastes have a graph by any chance?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would start at RB for any side in the world. There’d be a long queue of CL teams waiting to sign him if he became available especially Juve and Bayern who are both in desperate need in that position.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Plus he isn't gonna want to move to Spain when he's 29, could build the whole damn ship around him. Could probs even hold off on getting a Laca replacement for a year. Could even play Grealish LW and ESR in the middle, Saka on the right with Auba making tap-ins up top. Stuff of dreams.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Plus he isn't gonna want to move to Spain when he's 29, could build the whole damn ship around him. Could probs even hold off on getting a Laca replacement for a year. Could even play Grealish LW and ESR in the middle, Saka on the right with Auba making tap-ins up top. Stuff of dreams.
My thoughts exactly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Never thought he'd be available or an option to us. But if he truly is available that's the best we can possibly get at right back to upgrade on Bellern.

Would be an incredible signing.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
My thoughts exactly.

Only obstacles are if he's so expensive no one can afford him and he stays at Villa, in which case his agent is a *****, or Utd buy him. But Utd only buy him if Pogba leaves (likely) and they don't go for Sancho (unlikely), but maybe the saga last summer pissed off Dortmund so much that they just tell Utd to bugger off....in which case, we buy Sancho??

Grealish-ESR-Saka
Sancho-ESR-Saka

I'm taking either all day long

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure about this guy as a traditional fullback, apparently that's the reason Madrid weren't sure about him. He's a quality wing back though.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Only obstacles are if he's so expensive no one can afford him and he stays at Villa, in which case his agent is a *****, or Utd buy him. But Utd only buy him if Pogba leaves (likely) and they don't go for Sancho (unlikely), but maybe the saga last summer pissed off Dortmund so much that they just tell Utd to bugger off....in which case, we buy Sancho??

Grealish-ESR-Saka
Sancho-ESR-Saka

I'm taking either all day long
Just let Arteta have a conversation with him.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Rate Grealish like everyone but think he's getting a bit overrated at the moment.

Ødegaard is similar level of talent, if we could keep him for another year with hopes to sign him long term it would be just as good (or better, financially) than signing Grealish for the obscene amount he will cost.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Rate Grealish like everyone but think he's getting a bit overrated at the moment.

Ødegaard is similar level of talent, if we could keep him for another year with hopes to sign him long term it would be just as good (or better, financially) than signing Grealish for the obscene amount he will cost.
Interesting opinion, you rare Martin that highly then?

I rate Grealish very highly but I don't think he's overrated at all, but I guess it depends on what people think he is. I think he would be amazing here because

• He's a chance creator who doesn't need to hold the ball, can't get him off the ball 1v1 and if you double him he will find the open man
  • His goal threat is very sustainable, it's not a big part of his game but he can be relied on in front of goal when he ends up there,
  • His ball retention and close control is as good as anyone's can trust him to play tight 1-2s in and around the box.
  • Icing on the cake is that he's a lot quicker and stronger than I thought, play him in midfield and most CM/DMs aren't keeping up with him. Play him on the wing and he'll hold his own against most fullbacks not named Kyle Walker.
Honestly think he's almost the perfect LW for Arsenal. Especially if we want to make Auba work up top. We need technical security and chance creation around him.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom