• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Achraf Hakimi

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
best fullback in Europe, and one of Inter's best players.

he ain't going anywhere for a long time.
they are also filthy rich so don't do this to yourself

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Interesting opinion, you rare Martin that highly then?

I rate Grealish very highly but I don't think he's overrated at all, but I guess it depends on what people think he is. I think he would be amazing here because

• He's a chance creator who doesn't need to hold the ball, can't get him off the ball 1v1 and if you double him he will find the open man
  • His goal threat is very sustainable, it's not a big part of his game but he can be relied on in front of goal when he ends up there,
  • His ball retention and close control is as good as anyone's can trust him to play tight 1-2s in and around the box.
  • Icing on the cake is that he's a lot quicker and stronger than I thought, play him in midfield and most CM/DMs aren't keeping up with him. Play him on the wing and he'll hold his own against most fullbacks not named Kyle Walker.
Honestly think he's almost the perfect LW for Arsenal. Especially if we want to make Auba work up top. We need technical security and chance creation around him.

Yeah, I do rate Ødegaard highly.

I don't disagree with anything you say about Grealish, tbh. I just don't think there's much between him and say, Bruno Fernandes and Ødegaard in quality, and when you start to put him at Hazard level (when he was fit and in form with Chelsea) I think we start to overrate just a tiny bit his quality (this can happen especially when a player is dominating at a club like Villa where everything goes through him--put him at Chelsea and you might get a bit the Havertz effect in a smaller size). Because of the fact Grealish is proven in the PL and will need to be bought off a club in a good position (Villa--ironically Madrid, with the stadium, the effects of the pandemic, etc. is more in need of sales than Villa), he is going to cost somewhere from £70-90m, it seems, and I just don't think that's a good deal in this market when, given his body holds up, Ødegaard can have the same impact for us (just as talented).

Julian Brandt, for example, for £30m or so, I would see as a better investment than the Grealish price. Same for Buendía.

But Ødegaard falling in love with us here like Ceballos and coming back next season on a loan and eventually buying him for £40-50m from a Madrid team who is loaded in young attacking midfield options (Brahim, Reinier, Rodrygo, Gelabert) is the ideal outcome here, I think.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
best fullback in Europe, and one of Inter's best players.

he ain't going anywhere for a long time.
they are also filthy rich so don't do this to yourself

They couldn't pay the first installment of his transfer fee??? Don't sound filthy rich

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I do rate Ødegaard highly.

I don't disagree with anything you say about Grealish, tbh. I just don't think there's much between him and say, Bruno Fernandes and Ødegaard in quality, and when you start to put him at Hazard level (when he was fit and in form with Chelsea) I think we start to overrate just a tiny bit his quality (this can happen especially when a player is dominating at a club like Villa where everything goes through him--put him at Chelsea and you might get a bit the Havertz effect in a smaller size). Because of the fact Grealish is proven in the PL and will need to be bought off a club in a good position (Villa--ironically Madrid, with the stadium, the effects of the pandemic, etc. is more in need of sales than Villa), he is going to cost somewhere from £70-90m, it seems, and I just don't think that's a good deal in this market when, given his body holds up, Ødegaard can have the same impact for us (just as talented).

Julian Brandt, for example, for £30m or so, I would see as a better investment than the Grealish price. Same for Buendía.

But Ødegaard falling in love with us here like Ceballos and coming back next season on a loan and eventually buying him for £40-50m from a Madrid team who is loaded in young attacking midfield options (Brahim, Reinier, Rodrygo, Gelabert) is the ideal outcome here, I think.
Fair enough...I said he's starting to approach Hazard level in terms of being a one-man attack to be more specific I'm talking about how he is elite at getting the ball into the final third but also at getting the ball into the box and creating chances, Hazard excelled at this and you very rarely get players who can do both.

If Ødegaard is as good as you believe then yeah it's better value than Gralish for 80M. I just think 80M isn't a bad price for a player who is homegrown, is going to stay for at least five years, will still have resale value and is not only PL proven but arguably a top 10 PL player as things stand.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If Ødegaard is as good as you believe then yeah it's better value than Gralish for 80M. I just think 80M isn't a bad price for a player who is homegrown, is going to stay for at least five years, will still have resale value and is not only PL proven but arguably a top 10 PL player as things stand.

To add to that point, it’s actually rare to find a top 10 PL player at a smaller/mid table club.

All of these pundits have been going crazy over VVD but I actually think Jack Grealish could have a similar impact in our team as he’s a game changer and it’s something we’re in desperate need of in attack.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom