• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If we didn’t make it so obvious we’re not interested in players long term but actually played them once in a while, we’d be getting 20m easily. It’s just tanking value player after player and I’m ****ing sick of it tbh. Terrible management from everyone involved :facepalm:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we didn’t make it so obvious we’re not interested in players long term but actually played them once in a while, we’d be getting 20m easily. It’s just tanking value player after player and I’m ****ing sick of it tbh. Terrible management from everyone involved :facepalm:
Yep this is why you just take what you can for him and move in. Imagine Arsenal trying to play hardball saying he is important player for us. Other team be like like you haven’t had him in your match squad for 2 months and he is 6th choice cm.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Completely agree with all those who point out that he's been completely mishandled and it seems to be down to Arteta for a large part. Not the first player he's had separation issues over.

With that being said it makes sense to sell him and we'll have to accept a fee around €15m because we botched the situation ourselves.

Definitely have to get a cm in January now, though. Hope we get Caqueret, or Neves otherwise. I'd be willing to splurge it all for Frenkie, but he wouldn't come here. Barca might accept €70m though, given the dire situation they are in.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Has anyone wondered why there isn't more demand. Just perhaps he isn't actually any good. The likes of JET and Frimpong looked more talented and didn't have top flight careers. AMN is 24 now and there isn't much demand either under Arteta or from any PL clubs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Completely agree with all those who point out that he's been completely mishandled and it seems to be down to Arteta for a large part. Not the first player he's had separation issues over.

With that being said it makes sense to sell him and we'll have to accept a fee around €15m because we botched the situation ourselves.

Definitely have to get a cm in January now, though. Hope we get Caqueret, or Neves otherwise. I'd be willing to splurge it all for Frenkie, but he wouldn't come here. Barca might accept €70m though, given the dire situation they are in.

The Frenkie thing might be a goer because of his crazy wages. He’s on 350k a week and Barca need to balance the books.

Could genuinely get him for a steal like Atletico did with Suarez.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Anything less than 20m is pathetic.

He will he sold back to an English club within a few seasons for 30-40m
Really, Well how come nobody has ever bid near 20m for him?
Look i get Inflation is going up & we did get around 25m for Joe Willock.
Seriously though would be surprised if that happens.

As for 30-40m AMN would have boss it in Italy imo to go for that.

Doubt he will ever be good enough for a top 6 club & honestly cant see mid/lower table clubs paying that for a DM/Right back.
Only reason we got good money for Joe Willock was he was on a goal spree.

He has put in a few good performances but frankly i am amazed that somebody who while a useful squaddie most of the time looks nothing more than a very average player has attracted so many fan boys.
Perhaps its mainly his physical attributes & 'potential'?

I hope he does well.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think it is probably in everyone's interest that he is let go now. He needs to play, and it seems it will not be here. Just make sure we get a 20% sell-on clause to whatever deal is made.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Arteta will block his loan by saying we need him, play him on 31 january and 2 February, then bench him again after the window is closed.
Then his gf will have another comedy insta post. Think it's worth it for that tbf. Maybe his mom shows up at Colney or Ainsley does an Odemwingie on deadline day. Love the content opportunities here for Amazon!

Jabintendo

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Roma have submitted an offer to take Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan until the end of the season with an option to purchase the midfielder in the summer, The Athletic understands.

As yet there has been no response from Arsenal to the bid, which was made in recent days following dialogue between the clubs.

Roma would prefer to buy Maitland-Niles in this transfer window but are not in a financial position to do so. Therefore their plan is to sell three men between now and the summer — Pau Lopez, Justin Kluivert and Cengiz Under — to raise the capital to try and sign the 24-year-old permanently. All three players are performing well on loan spells away from Stadio Olimpico.

The Serie A side want the proposed Maitland-Niles deal to go through imminently, as they have crucial fixtures against AC Milan and Juventus this week and do not feel in a position to wait.

But as keen as Roma and head coach Jose Mourinho are on recruiting Maitland-Niles, it is thought they will turn their focus to alternative targets if a swift agreement cannot be reached.

Positioned sixth in the Italian top flight and set to compete in the Europa Conference League round of 16, Mourinho is seeking to strengthen his squad with reinforcements at the earliest opportunity.

There is a feeling that Arsenal are dragging their heels somewhat after initial progress in talks.

(Photo: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

Does Maitland-Niles want to join Roma?​

Maitland-Niles is believed only to be interested in a move to Roma and if that does not materialise, the Arsenal academy graduate intends to stay at the Emirates Stadium. He is now into the final 18 months of his terms, putting Arsenal in another position of managing an expiring contract.

They are experiencing similar situations with likes of Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah, whose values have depreciated the closer they have come towards being able to leave as free agents.

What is Roma's plan for Maitland-Niles?​

Roma's ambition is to replicate the project they have embarked upon with Tammy Abraham; acquiring a highly-rated player from the Premier League who is not enjoying regular first-team game time and give them that opportunity, in the hope that it helps get their career back on track for club and country while also benefitting Roma.

That has worked so far for Abraham — the striker was recalled by England in November — and Maitland-Niles is said to be enthusiastic about the possibility of it having a comparable impact.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hope it happens for him, but can't see hoarder Mikel going for it especially during AFCON & covid season. Common sense does seem to be keep him here, even if we make an additional midfield signing and/or AMN ends up not playing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom