• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought of the same thing but i refused to compare him to diaby just to play safe. No player nor fan deserves to go through that, not us, again.

Iwobi has had three decent performances for us this season, that's already two more than Diaby did in nine seasons for us.

Iwobi is nothing like Diaby, already a far superior player.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yep, this guy is like Hleb with his immense first touch, close control and of course short socks.

I want to see him score a couple of goals soon.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
d
Diaby was hugely overrated because he had a couple of fancy moves and looked like Vieira. I hope this guy is nothing like Diaby.
Not agree at all, Diaby showed many times that with consistency he could have been elite and our long term midfielder solution.

iwobi is different, he looks more like a final third player.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Could grow into our rosicky replacement by next season. Very good base level and he has one of the best first touches in the squad, a true hale end graduate.

Needs to work hard over summer to improve one or two areas of his game, right now he's a jack of all trades in an attacking sense.
he needs to build up a bit an start to take challenges with more prescense, but as he grow in confidence he can be a very interesting player, what i like about him is that he is not afraid to ask for the ball, he is always there to help on transitions, he can dribble, give a good pass and make the pause when needed. But again he is a kid and his career can go down the toilet in just 2 months

nick gould

What is his best position. One senior player mentioned that he was surprised to see him play in midfield. To me he looks more of a midfielder than a forward/winger.

Last edited:

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Could grow into our rosicky replacement by next season. Very good base level and he has one of the best first touches in the squad, a true hale end graduate.

Needs to work hard over summer to improve one or two areas of his game, right now he's a jack of all trades in an attacking sense.

I believe too that next season he'll take Rosicky's place in the squad to become our second choice AM whilst also capable of covering the flanks.

Watching him in the Emirates cup and against Sheffield Wednesday he seemed to be playing it safe hence I couldnt understand all the hupe surrounding him but since the fa cup matches he's really displayed what he's all about and hopefully this is the beginning of a long successful career here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What is his best position. One senior player mentioned that he was surprised to see him play in midfield. To me he looks more of a midfielder than a forward/winger.

It's weird but he's..........both. Throughout his time in the youth teams, he showed great aptitude and competency for central midfield, attacking midfield, both wings and as a striker. What is clear is that while he's a player of good tactical acumen, he's mainly an offensive player. His game may be more subtle at this point, but he will begin to show more ability as he becomes more acclimatised to first team football. Remember, he hasn't even had any loans previous to this, so this season is his very first taste of any kind of first team football.

I see him playing anywhere behind the striker. In Wenger's system, he's a perfect example of the kind of wide midfielder he likes to play in his system to counter balance the forward usually playing on the opposite flank. I mentioned this before in regards to Maitland-Niles and Iwobi almost 2 years ago in the Reserve thread - that they looked like wingers who can play as midfielders simultaneously. Iwobi may well find his niche here. A Hleb comparison doesn't seem so far away from apt.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

he needs to build up a bit an start to take challenges with more prescense, but as he grow in confidence he can be a very interesting player, what i like about him is that he is not afraid to ask for the ball, he is always there to help on transitions, he can dribble, give a good pass and make the pause when needed. But again he is a kid and his career can go down the toilet in just 2 months
Sad truth, we've seen many promising youngsters just disappear. This is the start of a long journey, let's hope we end up with a team regular.

It's unfortunate but it's a massive achievement these days for an academy player to become a successful first team player. Shows how hard it is at the highest level.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It's weird but he's..........both. Throughout his time in the youth teams, he showed great aptitude and competency for central midfield, attacking midfield, both wings and as a striker. What is clear is that while he's a player of good tactical acumen, he's mainly an offensive player. His game may be more subtle at this point, but he will begin to show more ability as he becomes more acclimatised to first team football. Remember, he hasn't even had any loans previous to this, so this season is his very first taste of any kind of first team football.

I see him playing anywhere behind the striker. In Wenger's system, he's a perfect example of the kind of wide midfielder he likes to play in his system to counter balance the forward usually playing on the opposite flank. I mentioned this before in regards to Maitland-Niles and Iwobi almost 2 years ago in the Reserve thread - that they looked like wingers who can play as midfielders simultaneously. Iwobi may well find his niche here. A Hleb comparison doesn't seem so far away from apt.
How's AMN doing? Do you see a squad slot for him opening up?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How's AMN doing? Do you see a squad slot for him opening up?
Not sure. He started off really well but is really struggling for confidence at the moment. He actually conceded a pen in his last match (fouling Wellington Silva of all people), and hasn't been performing too well. That said, McCarthy rates him a lot and he still has a high work rate.

Pre season can change things but I reckon another season on loan will probably beckon. Maybe Steve Bruce might wanna take him. He will def want another look at some of out youngsters next year.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Not sure. He started off really well but is really struggling for confidence at the moment. He actually conceded a pen in his last match (fouling Wellington Silva of all people), and hasn't been performing too well. That said, McCarthy rates him a lot and he still has a high work rate.

Pre season can change things but I reckon another season on loan will probably beckon. Maybe Steve Bruce might wanna take him. He will def want another look at some of out youngsters next year.
Ah that's a shame. Hopefully it's just a rough patch.

Mastadon

Established Member
d

Not agree at all, Diaby showed many times that with consistency he could have been elite and our long term midfielder solution.

iwobi is different, he looks more like a final third player.

Yeah he like did against Liverpool and against....yeah that's about it. Almunia had more impressive games than Diaby did and Diaby played almost 200 times for us. Hugely overrated player who took up a critical spot in the squad while delivering nothing whether fit or injured.

Mastadon

Established Member
Iwobi looks the real deal with all that talent. Very comfortable on the ball and with great technique. Good comparisons with Hleb.

Bould14

Plays the 10 better than Özil at times because he as such an amazing dribble. Doesn't manipulate space as well yet. Top talent.

Maxim

Wouldn't mind seeing him as a striker again tbh.

He's a deceptively big lad, strong and can finish too, but with the technical attributes to combine with onrushing midfielders.

If I recall correctly he was quite prolific at youth level up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom