• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's done well every time I've seen him play. He looks accomplished on the ball and seems to know what his role is and what he's doing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My boys stronger than I thought. Completely destroyed a defender physically before hitting the post from outside the box.

A lot of his shots that got blocked also looked dangerous.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
We all know he has ability but what I liked today was his mentality. He came into a pressure cooker of a cup tie, probably with a hostile crowd. But he showed no signs of nerves, drove us forward and didn't look out of place at all.

infinium

pffft, he is a kid coming on with nothing to lose. We won't know if he really has the right stuff until he becomes a regular long enough to overcome all the challenges that a seasoned professional must face. People are too quick again to build up another young player before their time.

Aevi

Hale End FC
pffft, he is a kid coming on with nothing to lose. We won't know if he really has the right stuff until he becomes a regular long enough to overcome all the challenges that a seasoned professional must face. People are too quick again to build up another young player before their time.
Nothing to lose?!? Oh, you know, just a place on a major football team. No biggie for an aspiring player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nothing to lose?!? Oh, you know, just a place on a major football team. No biggie for an aspiring player.
Exactly, next few months could determine whether he has a premier league career or languishes in the lower divisions for the rest of his career.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Play him for the rest of the season with Joel. Drop Alexis, he's f*cking terrible right now.

Don't know why he didn't start for this game. Every since january I've felt that Wenger should have take more risk with youngsters.

There were games I wanted to see Chambers instead of Flamini or Mertesacker, and Iwobi should have def get more game time.

The faith in youth used to be one of the fun things about Wenger but I feel he has bet on older heads to get him through the season and I think it has failed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't know why he didn't start for this game. Every since january I've felt that Wenger should have take more risk with youngsters.

There were games I wanted to see Chambers instead of Flamini or Mertesacker, and Iwobi should have def get more game time.

The faith in youth used to be one of the fun things about Wenger but I feel he has bet on older heads to get him through the season and I think it has failed.
Wenger doesn't really play the talented kids anymore - unless he absolutely has to. Rather rely on less talented experienced guys now. Bellerin became a starter almost by accident. Coquelin, while not so young, was an accident - a much necessary stop-gap that Wenger needed to call upon, but he marked space well and forced turnovers by being proactive.

Right now we have a nice little crop and some of them arguably deserve more of a shot in the team than some of our underperforming first teamers. You and I both follow the youth teams so we know who is more capable of doing a good job.

Iwobi is the one unexpectedly leading the way but given what we have all seen, it wouldn't be a crazy concept for him to start in the league at least for the remaining 9 games or so. A player with genuine technical ability and intelligence? Get him in the team. If only our CM prospects were a couple of years older and stronger.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He is so comfortable on the ball, he actually made the team enjoyable to watch. :eek::lol:

He even dribbled out of a 1 v 3 at one point, made some good risky passes, kept his composure vs ****ing Barcelona! And he's 19! Great maturity, and most definitely one for the future.

Take a spot on my avi!

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Apart from his obvious talent it seems like the lad has a good head on his shoulders as well. We should give him as much playing time as we can, see if he can play a big role for us next season.

Giroud dropped for teenager against big team in Champions league. Again.

He must feel like the old crazy lady who talks to mirrors in Disney movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom