• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
M'Bappé is a crack, potentialy Ballon d'Or. Lacazette is "just" very good forward.

Arsenal can't take a crack for the moment, without Champions League. M'Bappé born near Paris, his dad want he play for Paris.

In your current situation, its hard to find better than Lacazette. If Lyon took third place in 2016-2017, he is never come in Arsenal...

Behave!

We're a big club. With or without the CL we can attract top quality. If Lyon won the league unbeaten he'd still join us the season after.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Our transfer record has been broken again. Wenger must rate the player and it's excited to get a guy who knows exactly where the net is.

Let's not stop at this. We need to bring in either Mahrez or Lemar and a top quality CM. Having to rely on Coquelin or Elneny will not lead us to a league title. Go the extra mile Arséne!

COYG

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'm happier with this signing than I thought I'd be, probably because he's the first proper marquee player we've signed since Alexis. I can't wait to see him in action.

Me too, actually. Not hugely sold on this guy but he is an upgrade in a position we need quality and looks to be a decent flat track bully type CF that you need in the league.

However, if Alexis leaves then this is a step backwards so we need to keep him too for me to be happy.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Our transfer record has been broken again. Wenger must rate the player and it's excited to get a guy who knows exactly where the net is.

Let's not stop at this. We need to bring in either Mahrez or Lemar and a top quality CM. Having to rely on Coquelin or Elneny will not lead us to a league title. Go the extra mile Arséne!

COYG
Doubt we'll see a CB signing and actually I think we have a lot of quality there anyway, would be much more keen to sign a winger if it was me in charge.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Cannot honestly say I know anything about this guy. Is he any good? If he is second string to Giroud in the French team, how good can he be? Have we overpaid for another mediocre French player?

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
105075hp2.jpg

Needs to grow hair like this again.

Prawn Sandwich

It's a good signing since he knows where the goal is.

Pointless without another creative/wide forward and a centre midfield that pushes us on in that area of the park. It's not over the top to say midfield options were poverty in early 2017. Probably for another thread though.

Welcome Laca!

It does mean Mbappe is not coming this season and let's be real, if we aren't getting him this season we never will. Perhaps you are right and the player didn't want to join, but I wouldn't be surprised if we chickened out considering the fee.

Right, I'm still not convinced. Take away Laca's penalty goals and then compare his goals per minute to Giroud. Or better yet just compare it to a 18 year old kid playing in the same league...

Yeah, but Cantona was a troublemaker. I wasn't following France at that time but according to Wiki he was their captain in that period and Laca barely gets on the bench. Not sure the comparison is valid.

No he wasn't the captain cause he WASNT in the team whereas he was voted best player of the year with Man U.
There were articles about how english journalists didn't understand the choices of France coach ? (also Ginola wasn't called at this time).
It's just stupid to have an opinion based on that fact.
You can be surprised by that fact, you can wonder why. And in that case plenty people here (incl myself ) can explain the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom