• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
If you're from India, why are all your IPs from the London area?

giphy.gif

RoadrunnerReloaded

First wanted this lad summer of 2015. Always felt if we signed him then we would won the league instead of Leicester.

Chuffed at this signing.

I am calling it now. Laca will outscore the Lukaku lad and Morata if United manage to sign him.

He is better than Vardy ever was and will prove that next year.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It sure does! Reign = Henry. Kings 'reign'.

Cantona was part of a successful team. Very good player, but that's it.

We don't count Comm shields here either.

I think we're getting in to semantics with "reign"

Cantona was Man Utd tailsman. Even fergie talks about him being Manchester Utd's most important/impactful signing...help start off the new era of winning for Man U.

Also I remember in 95/96 after coming back from his transfer ban...carried Utd to the title with the "kids"

The first real foreign superstar to come to England...had the crazy charismatic personality to match.

People forget that there were many great players that never really got backed by the manager at international level. Le Tessier, Wrighty, Scholes playing LM...and then you have the likes of Emile Heskey who started every game.

Giroud

Established Member
First wanted this lad summer of 2015. Always felt if we signed him then we would won the league instead of Leicester.

Chuffed at this signing.

I am calling it now. Laca will outscore the Lukaku lad and Morata if United manage to sign him.

He is better than Vardy ever was and will prove that next year.

Looking forward to seeing him play but you're spot on, should have done this deal 2 years ago. We've been crying out for a player like him but Wenger decided to splash out of reserve forwards like Welbeck and Perez instead.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing him play but you're spot on, should have done this deal 2 years ago. We've been crying out for a player like him but Wenger decided to splash out of reserve forwards like Welbeck and Perez instead.

I think the truth is, our lukewarm feelings towards signing Lacazette over the last few years has probably been the same as wengers.

We've wanted a world class CF and were so close to Higuin and Suarez. I think wenger has always hoped maybe a world class CF would become available but the reality is, there haven't been any and Lacazette isn't a player that gets you off your seat.

However, I'm looking at it differently now. Like the Les Ferdinand of the modern age. It seems will always get you 20+ goals a season without any fuss or bother, with consistent 7.5 out of 10 performances.

Those types of players are invaluable. Happy to have him on board. Hope he proves his worth and bangs in 30 this season and beats Kane to the golden boot.

I am hoping for atleast 20 non penalty goals as a target for his first season.
We need atleast 30 from Sanchez,Özil,Giroud and rest of the team to chip in with 20 goals. This should help us to be get Top 3 atleast

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Awesome signing -- just what we needed. I think he'll have 20 in the league this season. Sign Mahrez as well and we'll win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom