• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Those stats look identical.
Goals/assists per game from 0.5 to 0.63 is a good improvement given that this is a statistic of lower margin
Minutes per goal/assist from 116 to 112 is a minor improvement. Given that it is just his first two years at PL, I would still say that it is a good improvement

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Goals/assists per game from 0.5 to 0.63 is a good improvement given that this is a statistic of lower margin
Minutes per goal/assist from 116 to 112 is a minor improvement. Given that it is just his first two years at PL, I would still say that it is a good improvement

So we paid 50+ million for a striker thats slighty better than Giroud (debateable)?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Giroud had more subs so it's skewed either way. Both in terms of games overall played and the many goals he scored as a sub in a little amount of time.

The simple conclusion being; Laca isn't an improvement numbers wise at all.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Laca’s not a bad player, but the stats just show that Giroud was criminally underrated here. Yeah, Laca definitely has more upside, but we paid 50M for him, so would be a disappointment if he never improves upon his current play and output.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Giroud had more subs so it's skewed either way. Both in terms of games overall played and the many goals he scored as a sub in a little amount of time.

The simple conclusion being; Laca isn't an improvement numbers wise at all.
Y
I think the problem was comparing total numbers. Let us just look at first two years of Giroud.
Minutes - 5410, Goals - 27, assists - 14
Laca -
Minutes - 4710, Goals - 27, assists -15

Played 700 minutes lesser and got the same number of goals/assists. Isn't that a much better stat?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Y
I think the problem was comparing total numbers. Let us just look at first two years of Giroud.
Minutes - 5410, Goals - 27, assists - 14
Laca -
Minutes - 4710, Goals - 27, assists -15

Played 700 minutes lesser and got the same number of goals/assists. Isn't that a much better stat?

So with the same pace, Laca would get 48 g/a if he got the same amount of minutes as Giroud.

Wouldn't say that's a big improvement, no.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So with the same pace, Laca would get 48 g/a if he got the same amount of minutes as Giroud.

Wouldn't say that's a big improvement, no.
That is still an improvement. As I mentioned in my original post, Giroud played in front of a stronger midfield and in-form Özil while Laca had to work in front of a non-existent midfield. So I had to look up another stat.
Big chances missed in first two seasons
Giroud - 39
Laca - 26
So if you take into account the number of chances created and the ones which were converted, Laca is far ahead of Giroud.
Source: Premier league stats page.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The question is this:

If we had to sacrifice one of Aubameyang and Lacazette, who would you save? Because that may be a scenario we will face as soon as this Summer.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Without reading too much of stats which can often be misleading, I would put Giroud in a group of average players, and Laca would be something in between average and world class.
It's worth mentioning that both players weren't served well at their time here, Giroud needed more quality crosses and direct play but got Cazorla and Özil instead, and Laca needs more creativity around him but he is surrounded by Iwobi and Auba.
Laca wins it for me because he is more versatile while Giroud was really slowing everything down when we needed a runner.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The question is this:

If we had to sacrifice one of Aubameyang and Lacazette, who would you save? Because that may be a scenario we will face as soon as this Summer.
I would say they are somewhere of the same quality, but Auba will lose his value very soon and Laca offers more in our current setup. Things could change though if a good offer come for Laca or we get 2 quality wide players to create chances for Auba (non very likely)

Hexagon9

The question is this:

If that happened, who would be a likely replacement in either case? Or have we got someone in the squad at present to step-up?

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
The question is this:

Depends on what type of player we would buy for the wide areas imo. If we get tricky wingers who focus on beating their man and delivering crosses into the box like an O. Dembele, Sane etc then I’d let Laca go. If we on the other hand get wide forwards who focus less on creating but more on getting into goal scoring positions like a Salah, Pepe etc then I’d sell Auba.

I’m not too fussed about who would leave since I think they’re on a similar level with different qualities that can be utilized differently depending on the set up.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Depends on what type of player we would buy for the wide areas imo. If we get tricky wingers who focus on beating their man and delivering crosses into the box like an O. Dembele, Sane etc then I’d let Laca go. If we on the other hand get wide forwards who focus less on creating but more on getting into goal scoring positions like a Salah, Pepe etc then I’d sell Auba.

I’m not too fussed about who would leave since I think they’re on a similar level with different qualities that can be utilized differently depending on the set up.
To be fair salah and pepe are skillful and creative too.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I would say they are somewhere of the same quality, but Auba will lose his value very soon and Laca offers more in our current setup. Things could change though if a good offer come for Laca or we get 2 quality wide players to create chances for Auba (non very likely)
Both very direct players whose main focus is scoring. They both looked like a traditional striker to me. But I always prefer a modern striker. Laca is slightly more skillful tho. And he is a bit younger so his value will not drop as much as auba in the near future. From a economical standpoint, selling auba is more preferable than laca.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Both very direct players whose main focus is scoring. They both looked like a traditional striker to me. But I always prefer a modern striker. Laca is slightly more skillful tho. And he is a bit younger so his value will not drop as much as auba in the near future. From a economical standpoint, selling auba is more preferable than laca.
While I like Laca more, I have to say Auba has the potential to score more if we bring 2 new wide players of top quality. In that case, Laca's all round display is not needed anymore and we can finance new wide player by selling him.

Maybe the best solution would be to keep both and sacrifice Özil, Laca to drop deeper and we still bring 2 wide players. In that case, we have 2 strikers in the box when we cross the ball from wide position and Laca can replace Özil when we play from central position. Laca can also add more bite in our midfield as he is willing to fight for the ball unlike Özil. It's also good because of potential injuries to them.
I don't think we have the money to pull that off, but it does sound like a good solution to me in ideal scenario.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I can understand this - Auba is already at peak age and the additional question is how steep is his decline. He's been at the club for a season and a half so theoretically we could still get a very decent sum for him, especially given his very inflated goal record. However, my personal feeling is that we are a team that needs more goals and Auba scores more goals. Laca, while offering better contributions on and off the ball, is the inferior goalscorer despite his considerable finishing skills. If he had half of Auba's positioning and sheer relentless box movement, he's score just as many as Auba, but he doesn't get as many shots.

It's a catch 22 whoever we lose, as we will lose something.
If that happened, who would be a likely replacement in either case? Or have we got someone in the squad at present to step-up?

Well I'd like Eddie Nketiah to get more shine as I think he fits the profile I'd like to see but I'd perhaps bring someone in who is some mix between Laca and Auba - someone who can link-up with his attacking midfield and is good in possession but also gets into good goalscoring positions. Someone with good acceleration also.

I agree, it does depend on the set-up - and I would hope we're gonna overload the wide areas with some more pace and 1v1 ability, regardless of the CF.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The question is this:

Ones has the same amount of goals as Aguero, while the other has the same amount as Raul Jimenez but guys here want to keep Frecnh Jimenez over Auba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom