• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said when healthy, which is his debut season and last season. In those two seasons he managed 2000 + minutes for us but didn't come close to that this year...because he wasn't healthy.

So yeah. When healthy he's averaged 19.5 PL goal contributions. That mathematically rounds up to twenty Mr Pedantic. :p

A poor forward doesn't get those numbers. I'm all for replacing him, it makes sense to replace him. But our squad doesn't need to go backwards right now, if we can't replace him with someone that can get 20 PL goal contributions – a lot easier said than done btw. Then I think we keep him and sell him next summer when the market has recovered a bit.

Only 15 players hit the 19 goals + assists mark this season and like half of them play for Man City. None of them were PL debutants and the closest player to that mark who was a PL debutant was Bruno Penandes on 16. It's something people on here are taking for granted.

Mr Pedantic :lol: The reason I say it has to be this window is because next summer he only has a year left so we could get £25m to £30m now or about £10m next summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Quoting this for truth, people are obsessed with making him worse than he actually is and I don't really get it.

With 2 years left on his contract though, it is getting to the point where we either extend for a year or two or think about selling I suppose.

Anyways bump for those hoping for Laca transfer news.
Cc @tap-in

From a business/squad building standpoint it makes perfect sense to sell him BUT two things lower his value.

• His stock is low after an injury ravaged season
  • It really isn't a sellers market right now
He's looked good under Arteta since he was fit. So I'd gamble on him giving us another good season and then sell him next year for a similar amount. This time next year we could have another good season under our belt and be a much more attractive proposition to players.

Unless we can get Memphis/Dybala in to replace him I don't want us losing goals/assists from our front line. I want us to build on our current momentum, this window is make or break imo.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wear-Stripes-Strategically.png

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think he'll be a lot more appreciated in Italy and a great foil for Ronaldo. I think the Italians will tolerate him more.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
All I keep reading is Juve have a limited budget, so unless they offer us someone good in a swap I don’t see how they put down the sort of money we’d let him go for (£30m+). I think if we sell him for less than £40m we’re making a loss on the books.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
All I keep reading is Juve have a limited budget, so unless they offer us someone good in a swap I don’t see how they put down the sort of money we’d let him go for (£30m+). I think if we sell him for less than £40m we’re making a loss on the books.

I think we'd take £30M.

He's on 180k a week, so keeping him for the last two years of his deal or giving him an extended deal would cost us £17M for two years and way more on a new deal.

So in total getting him out for 25-35M will save us close to £50M whilst also boosting the coffers for other deals.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think he'll be a lot more appreciated in Italy and a great foil for Ronaldo. I think the Italians will tolerate him more.
You’d think so but the football fans have a problem with race over there. We shall see.

I reckon he’d tear up the league over there, he deserves to be in a CL team. If the chance to go to juventus is real he should grab it with both hands for sure.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We're definitely not making a loss in the books if we sell him for 30m. He was bought in 2017, at around 50m, so the remaining fee on the books should be more or less €20m assuming a 5 y contract. Anything above that in terms of accounting is a profit. At least, that's my understanding.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm all for it...if the club bring in better replacement

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly

Tf you on about, injury ravaged season? :lol: he has been available for 34 league games.

Just say it as it is; his stock is low because he has been sh!t to the point of being benched by freakin Nketiah.
He said he had difficulties recovering from his injury in a recent interview with the club.

Unless we’re going to accuse players of lying about an injury now I think we can just take his word for it.

He wasn’t benched by Eddie imo, his lack of fitness caused the benching. Once he was fit he started scoring/assisting and Eddie was sent back to the bench. You could argue that Eddie’s suspension helped but I’ll just go with that the player said.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom