• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn Sandwich

It has to be.

The market is ****e but with this signing we get a dynamic, mobile player who scores goals.

Sanchez and Özil would love to play with him upfront. The bottom line is get the most out of those two players and the whole team thrives: Lacazette is a yes for me.

Prawn Sandwich

I might be biased because I have seen more of Lacazette than Batshuayi but I do rate the former higher.

While I don't think there is THAT much between them, I would still find it embarrassing for me if both moved to the Premiership and Lacazette got outperformed by the other, more so if it was at Arsenal's expense! :lol:

Jack the lad

I would rather go for Fekir and play him up front. He could probably cost much less as wel.. The lyon coach tried him upfront in the first games and he was scoring for fun. Fekir + young striker like Gabriel Barbosa/Gabriel Jesus would be excellent and i would prefer that to Lacazette for 40m.

R.Rodriguez 20m
Fekir 25m
Gabriel jesus 25m.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We won't be paying 40M for him if we do get him. I'm pretty sure of that.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We won't be paying 40M for him if we do get him. I'm pretty sure of that.
Yeah we'll wait another two years, by that time players like Lacazette will be worth £50mil.

Look at the price increases since the Suarez summer. It's only going to get worse.

I know you're saying Wenger won't pay that, but we're going to have to. Don't understand what Wenger expects to do. Every striker is overpriced nowadays. And the ones who aren't (Vardy) don't want to play for us :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah we'll wait another two years, by that time players like Lacazette will be worth £50mil.

Look at the price increases since the Suarez summer. It's only going to get worse.

I know you're saying Wenger won't pay that, but we're going to have to. Don't understand what Wenger expects to do. Every striker is overpriced nowadays. And the ones who aren't (Vardy) don't want to play for us :lol:
Nah I think if we do get him, it will be for cheaper than 40M. I have a feeling he's been holding out for us.

If we made West Ham's bid I think he'd be ours.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
With the exception of Aguero I would take Lacazette over any striker in the league.

How Soon Is Now

Nah I think if we do get him, it will be for cheaper than 40M. I have a feeling he's been holding out for us.

If we made West Ham's bid I think he'd be ours.

Probably because he looks at us and Walcott's £140k salary and thinks "if he gets that much for running fast, what will I get for running fast, scoring the odd goal and generally playing a bit more football?"

We'll then offer him £120k max.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Hope you're joking??

Why? Pacey, good link up play, physically strong, good hold up play and a good finisher. Impressive in most live Lyon matches on BT last season.

A poor match against us in a Emirates cup is meaningless .

Lyrix7z-x

Benzema didn't go to the Euros..does that make him **** too? Stupid logic to take that into account.

We do not have a plethora of striking options in front of us to choose from and Lacazette has produced the numbers in the last few years. Do you think having Theo as the only other alternative to Giroud would win us the league?

Yeah thought so!

Benzema was due to off-pitch related stories, and you're the one calling me out for stupid logic? :rolleyes:

Lacazette isn't good enough and he would not put Giroud on the bench but support him from the flanks. My point stands. Rather get Icardi.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Benzema was due to off-pitch related stories, and you're the one calling me out for stupid logic? :rolleyes:

Lacazette isn't good enough and he would not put Giroud on the bench but support him from the flanks. My point stands. Rather get Icardi.

Dude you are pointing out International duties so yes your logic is pretty stupid.

Lacazette is the best option available considering we won't be able to attract a Lewandowski, Aubameyang etc and Morata's ship has already sailed. Icardi compared to Lacazette is ****e!

Lyrix7z-x

Wtf you on about? Benzema has been frozen out of the EDF for a long time now, and despite that fact Lacazette couldn't get into a squad with a Giroud in terrible form, Gignac who plays in an absolute poverty league and Martial who's unproven. Thats the best indicator when it comes to Lacazette's level.

Lacazette plays in a ****e league, Serie A isn't great but its hard for a striker that hasn't got pace in abundance to score there, so Icardi's 15 goals are allright figures, especially for his age.

Also, i doubt Inter would ask for more than 35 Mio Pounds, while Aulas (Lyon's President) is known for asking crazy money. Could see him leave for 50 Mio + so its a no-go

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Let's wait for one or two more serious links before we start fighting amongst ourselves.

alwaysmassive78

Lacazette is twice the player Icardi is. It's politics. He's far better than Giroud as well. Saying Icardi is good as he got 15 goals despite his lack of pace is hardly a glowing recommendation. He lacks everything but an average finishing ability, Lacazette is better than him at everything.

indy23

Wtf you on about? Benzema has been frozen out of the EDF for a long time now, and despite that fact Lacazette couldn't get into a squad with a Giroud in terrible form, Gignac who plays in an absolute poverty league and Martial who's unproven. Thats the best indicator when it comes to Lacazette's level.

Lacazette plays in a ****e league, Serie A isn't great but its hard for a striker that hasn't got pace in abundance to score there, so Icardi's 15 goals are allright figures, especially for his age.

Also, i doubt Inter would ask for more than 35 Mio Pounds, while Aulas (Lyon's President) is known for asking crazy money. Could see him leave for 50 Mio + so its a no-go

Sorry but i follow the French team closely and only reason oafs and donkeys like gigniac and giroud are in the national team are because Didier loves his natural big cf. Lacazette hasnt been consistent in international play and lacks serious international experience.

Giroud didn't make the NT because hes better.

Lyrix7z-x

I'm aware Didier got his favorites, as seen with Matuidi & Sagna which are absolutely dreadful. But regardless, Lacazette isn't good enough. As you've mentioned he never prove himself on a european level, at the age of 25. Wenger knows that i think.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
How has Icardi been at International level?
Can't even get into the side I suppose?

I understand that you don't like Lacazette but the reasons you are giving are absolutely uncalled for and pretty dumb. The guy has been consistently banging for a few years.

indy23

I'm aware Didier got his favorites, as seen with Matuidi & Sagna which are absolutely dreadful. But regardless, Lacazette isn't good enough. As you've mentioned he never prove himself on a european level, at the age of 25. Wenger knows that i think.

And giroud did/has? Sorry man but Wenger will most likely skip guys like Higgy/Laca and sign some 20 yr old with no experience. They should spend last yrs surplus and this years. Its ****ing criminal, how much **** costs for being a fan of this club. Charge more than bayern but play like bayern B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom