• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardOfAus

You don't think we'll miss £70m?

Agreed but there's nowhere abroad for him to go. He wants his Pep reunion, and it's going to happen whether we keep him here *****ing and moaning for a season or whether we take £70m for it.

Let's face it, Manchester City are overloaded with attackers as it is, Sanchez may be a slight upgrade on whoever he'd replace in their front three (Sane/Aguero/Jesus) but I don't think he's the game changer you make out, we actually deprive them of £70m that they should really be spending on their defence.

I think we can come out of it stronger.

Firstly, all this crap about him moaning is a pointless argument. Its a world cup year so he will perform. Even if it wasnt, alexis is not the type of person moan and not give everything he has, and thats not because he wants arsenal to win its because HE wants to win.

We keep alexis and go for the EPL.. best case we win and he re-signs. Worst case city win the EPL and we are out of the top 4 again. Look at what Milan is doing.. they are going for it. They want to be relevant again. We need to take a leaf out of their book. If Alexis leaves next year atleast we didn't crumble to the demands of a player and sell to a rival.

One last thing, if sanchez goes to city, city wins the EPL imo.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Let's face it, Manchester City are overloaded with attackers as it is, Sanchez may be a slight upgrade on whoever he'd replace in their front three (Sane/Aguero/Jesus) but I don't think he's the game changer you make out, we actually deprive them of £70m that they should really be spending on their defence.

Mental gymnastics Gold Medal

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In fairness the season before last Alexis scored 13 goals. If he's thinking about leaving after one tremendous season it shows he's not about playing for the Cannon.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I really really hope PSG come in for him - I want the money for him more than I want him now - if he is made to stay I shall find it difficult to cheer for him, however well he plays, and if he fires us to the PL title it will devalue it in my eyes

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
You don't think we'll miss £70m?

Agreed but there's nowhere abroad for him to go. He wants his Pep reunion, and it's going to happen whether we keep him here *****ing and moaning for a season or whether we take £70m for it.

Definitely not stronger, but if we HAD to sell to a domestic rival, City would be best thanks to said backlog.

I really really hope PSG come in for him - I want the money for him more than I want him now - if he is made to stay I shall find it difficult to cheer for him, however well he plays, and if he fires us to the PL title it will devalue it in my eyes

So what are you going to do with the money you get when Arsenal sell Sanchez?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If he fires us to the PL title I'll gladly bring him to City on the back of my bike.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
we shouldn't be ashamed of having to make the best of a bad situation - Alexis was an important part of the team which failed to make CL and I hate to see him making mugs of us

replacing him with Lemar would be ideal because it seems he really wants to play for us

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
LOL Does he really think PSG will win the CL? His choices are awful. Might as well as stay at Arsenal. We'll have just a good of a chance as City and PSG if we're back in the CL next year.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
LOL Does he really think PSG will win the CL? His choices are awful. Might as well as stay at Arsenal. We'll have just a good of a chance as City and PSG if we're back in the CL next year.

PSG are closer than we are. That's all that matters.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Selling Sanchez would be a big mistake. It would be another cycle of transition.

:lol: At people suggesting that Lemar should replace Sanchez. Lemar will have to come into the PL and hit the ground running in order for us to get top 4 and win the Europa League which is very unlikely.

If we get Sanchez to stay and honour his contract, we will have a big chance of getting top 4 and also be pretty much the favourites for the Europa League.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Selling Sanchez would be a big mistake. It would be another cycle of transition.

:lol: At people suggesting that Lemar should replace Sanchez. Lemar will have to come into the PL and hit the ground running in order for us to get top 4 and win the Europa League which is very unlikely.

If we get Sanchez to stay and honour his contract, we will have a big chance of getting top 4 and also be pretty much the favourites for the Europa League.
logically if we get back top 4 that would be down to Lacazette and other new signings rather than keeping Alexis

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

logically if we get back top 4 that would be down to Lacazette and other new signings rather than keeping Alexis

Rather than Alexis?

Let's not kid ourselves here. Alexis is our best player let's not even bring Lacazette in to this comparison. Regardless of whether its his last year or not, he would still give 100%. He loves to play football and to win for that matter.

Whoever we buy would have to adjust to living here in England, the language etc and playing in the PL. These things can take months. For example, look at Xhaka last year.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Rather than Alexis?

Let's not kid ourselves here. Alexis is our best player let's not even bring Lacazette in to this comparison. Regardless of whether its his last year or not, he would still give 100%. He loves to play football and to win for that matter.

Whoever we buy would have to adjust to living here in England, the language etc and playing in the PL. These things can take months. For example, look at Xhaka last year.

Or just buy Mahrez?

Liam Slamcock

Firstly, all this crap about him moaning is a pointless argument. Its a world cup year so he will perform. Even if it wasnt, alexis is not the type of person moan and not give everything he has, and thats not because he wants arsenal to win its because HE wants to win.

We keep alexis and go for the EPL.. best case we win and he re-signs. Worst case city win the EPL and we are out of the top 4 again. Look at what Milan is doing.. they are going for it. They want to be relevant again. We need to take a leaf out of their book. If Alexis leaves next year atleast we didn't crumble to the demands of a player and sell to a rival.

One last thing, if sanchez goes to city, city wins the EPL imo.
It's not pointless at all, it's common knowledge that having a negative individual in the dressing room can feed through to the rest of the team, particularly if that individual holds the kind of influence that Sanchez holds. Why do you think Costa is being shown the door at Chelsea? Sanchez already showed glimpses of that negativity last season and it is only going to intensify next, and it follows that sooner or later it will start to impact on the quality of his performances - he is a human footballer. As for your point about the World Cup, he's the star of Chile and in their World Cup squad whether he puts his back in or not, indeed it gives him all the more reason not to put his back in.

Do you think Sanchez going to City to further overload their attack makes them more likely to win the title than if they use that money towards their abysmal defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom