• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yato

I would sell Alexis only for 70 million.

Or offer him to Juventus in a swap deal for Dybala, I mean it's not like I am the manager or whatever, but Dybala is a great player and he is a huge potential, he could shine here, he is not Alexis, it is hard to find players of Alexis caliber, I admit.

PSG has Lucas Moura, let the PSG put in Moura and a let's say 20 million pounds.

I don't like what I'm suggesting, I personally would love Alexis to stay, but I think he will go free next season, since we won't win a league title this season if we don't bring new players to the midfield ( CM/DMF ), so I expect him to leave.

Divided_Pie

I would take Dybala in a heartbeat but Juventus wouldn't do that. I'd give them Alexis plus €40M. Can you imagine the interplay between him and Özil? :drool::drool::drool:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is-

He's going to leave for free next summer. We can play the hysterical "he leaves over my dead body" card and have him whinging and playing up all season before leaving us standing around holding our dicks next summer, or we can think about the £70m that we can take now, reinvest in real quality elsewhere in the team and move onwards and upwards without him.

We seem scared that he's bigger than the rest of our team put together, but I say that Mahrez has shown he could be almost as effective as him -particularly given other teams will no longer be able to single him out all the time if playing for us - and if we can bring in a Lemar or Dembele alongside we'll be in a far stronger position than putting all our chips on Sanchez.

I honestly don't give a crap what Alexis does next summer. I don't care if he goes. I don't care if he signs a new contract. I don't care if he retires to become a dog trainer or runs for President of Chile. What I do care about is Arsenal challenging for the title THIS SEASON and getting back into the Champions League. That's more valuable than any transfer fee the club might get for him now. And Arsenal has a much better chance of doing these things with Alexis in the team than without him. Better than with Lemar or Dembele or Mbappe or any of the young hotshots who have a world of talent but lack experience.

Arsenal doesn't really need the money. This isn't 2012. Lack of funds isn't stopping any signing this summer. And getting back to being a contender for big things will be a much bigger financial windfall than selling a player. Stop the bean counting and take a look at the bigger picture. The bean counting forced on the club by stadium debt is what made Arsenal a top four club rather than a true title contender in the first place. Once Arsenal is again seen as a legitimate contender for championships, players will want to play for the club again and revenue streams will increase. By contrast, if the club fails to return to the Champions League, at the very least, we could be facing a long spell in the wilderness. By wanting to cash in on Alexis for money, you're thinking small. Think big.

The other thing to consider here is appearances. During the financial restrictions, Arsenal sold a lot of good players to City, United and other clubs with a lot more cash. Now that Arsenal is on firm financial footing, that sort of mentality has to stop. If Arsenal sells Alexis to Manchester City (or anybody else) they might as well erect a huge sign that says "SELLING CLUB: OPEN FOR BUSINESS" above the Emirates. This summer, more than any other, Arsenal must show strength rather than weakness. If Alexis doesn't sign a contract and leaves next summer, Arsenal will be in a much better position to replace him with players of similar quality. It won't matter then. It does now.

Along the same lines, you have to take the reaction of the fan base into consideration. Things have quieted a good deal with the "Wenger Out" crowd now that Arsène has signed a new contract and the club is showing ambition in the market, but the fan base would explode if Alexis were sold to City or Chelsea. And rightfully so. If you think things were toxic last season, you ain't seen nothing compared to what it would be like if such a player were sold to a rival again.

Lastly, while I like Mahrez and think he's a good player, he's not even close to Alexis Sanchez's level. Not even close.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I'm all for this. They'll pay big bucks, I don't even care if we sell him for £50m to PSG.

Being for this means you're in favor of making it more difficult for Arsenal to challenge for the title this season and at least get back into the Champions League. Why would you possibly be for it?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We shouldn't be replacing Mahrez for Sanchez. If we're insistent on getting Mahrez, it should be in addition to keeping Sanchez for an extra year. That's what big clubs do.

Let Mahrez take some of the burden off Özil and Sanchez. Mould him into the team and a year from now when Sanchez is free to leave, Mahrez would have adjusted nicely into the team and it wouldn't be such a big blow.

Damage limitation.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
That is exactly what the board wants so it can justify his sale - fans being sick and not carig anymore. They are using the well-known manipulation technique of easing the inevitable and avoiding backslash.

Don't give in.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
That is exactly what the board wants so it can justify his sale - fans being sick and not carig anymore. They are using the well-known manipulation technique of easing the inevitable and avoiding backslash.

Don't give in.

I will never accept if we sell him to a club in PL. A foreign club is different though but we have to replace him in a good way obviously.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
giphy.gif

scytheavatar

Established Member
I honestly don't give a crap what Alexis does next summer. I don't care if he goes. I don't care if he signs a new contract. I don't care if he retires to become a dog trainer or runs for President of Chile. What I do care about is Arsenal challenging for the title THIS SEASON and getting back into the Champions League. That's more valuable than any transfer fee the club might get for him now. And Arsenal has a much better chance of doing these things with Alexis in the team than without him. Better than with Lemar or Dembele or Mbappe or any of the young hotshots who have a world of talent but lack experience.

Arsenal doesn't really need the money. This isn't 2012. Lack of funds isn't stopping any signing this summer. And getting back to being a contender for big things will be a much bigger financial windfall than selling a player. Stop the bean counting and take a look at the bigger picture. The bean counting forced on the club by stadium debt is what made Arsenal a top four club rather than a true title contender in the first place. Once Arsenal is again seen as a legitimate contender for championships, players will want to play for the club again and revenue streams will increase. By contrast, if the club fails to return to the Champions League, at the very least, we could be facing a long spell in the wilderness. By wanting to cash in on Alexis for money, you're thinking small. Think big.

The other thing to consider here is appearances. During the financial restrictions, Arsenal sold a lot of good players to City, United and other clubs with a lot more cash. Now that Arsenal is on firm financial footing, that sort of mentality has to stop. If Arsenal sells Alexis to Manchester City (or anybody else) they might as well erect a huge sign that says "SELLING CLUB: OPEN FOR BUSINESS" above the Emirates. This summer, more than any other, Arsenal must show strength rather than weakness. If Alexis doesn't sign a contract and leaves next summer, Arsenal will be in a much better position to replace him with players of similar quality. It won't matter then. It does now.

Along the same lines, you have to take the reaction of the fan base into consideration. Things have quieted a good deal with the "Wenger Out" crowd now that Arséne has signed a new contract and the club is showing ambition in the market, but the fan base would explode if Alexis were sold to City or Chelsea. And rightfully so. If you think things were toxic last season, you ain't seen nothing compared to what it would be like if such a player were sold to a rival again.

Lastly, while I like Mahrez and think he's a good player, he's not even close to Alexis Sanchez's level. Not even close.

But what if we fail to finish top 4 next season even with Sanchez? Sanchez is obviously a good player and the only one who can raise up his head and say he did not let the fans down last season, but let's not pretend he is Messi. If he wants to leave, we need to replace him by hook or by crook, and him leaving for free is going to drastically affect our ability to replace him. "Arsenal doesn't really need the money", then why do people complain about Kroenke not being Abramovich?

GoonerBoy19

Sanchez could price himself out of PSG move, his head is turned by baldy and his reps. Arsenal should offer him to PSG for 25-30mn rather than sell him to City.

We don't need the money, but Sanchez shouldn't line up against us in the league.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexis isn't really pushing for a move as he isn't really putting himself in the best position by his wage demands. He priced himself out of a move to Bayern which effectively means he has priced himself out of a move to every club in Europe apart from possibly Inter, AC Milan and PSG. However he has no justification of demanding the wages he currently is from any top club unless he was on a free .

He can't walk into City and become the highest paid player. Players who have been at the club and contributed the same already, like Aguero and Toure would be livid. He may get away with it at PSG and the Italian clubs as he would effectively be their best attacking player.

However, if he isn't willing to budge on his wage demands then he is most likely going to stay and start talking to clubs in January which will disrupt our season.

We should buy both Mahrez and Lear, bed them in, bench Alexis when he kicks up a fuss and bench Özil when he does the same.

Arsenio Venger

Alexis isn't really pushing for a move as he isn't really putting himself in the best position by his wage demands. He priced himself out of a move to Bayern which effectively means he has priced himself out of a move to every club in Europe apart from possibly Inter, AC Milan and PSG. However he has no justification of demanding the wages he currently is from any top club unless he was on a free .

He can't walk into City and become the highest paid player. Players who have been at the club and contributed the same already, like Aguero and Toure would be livid. He may get away with it at PSG and the Italian clubs as he would effectively be their best attacking player.

However, if he isn't willing to budge on his wage demands then he is most likely going to stay and start talking to clubs in January which will disrupt our season.

We should buy both Mahrez and Lear, bed them in, bench Alexis when he kicks up a fuss and bench Özil when he does the same.

Leave Özil out of this

every little thing

lol. If he is going to leave for free...then you have to play him to the maximum and extract as much as you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom