• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Are we that bad at singing.

Arnie

I've only been to one away game!! That was west ham when thierry and seaman saved us!! So i don't know how good other home fans are at cheering. Are we that bad at highbury??

beanz

Depends where you sit, I've sat in the West upper when me and No1 son are the only ones shouting/singing. The last few matches I've been in the North bank and it's been great with everyone joining in.
"You pays yer money and takes yer choice" :mrgreen:

gunnersgal

yeah i was in the east stand a while ago and there was one lady who was shouting the whole way through and myself and a few others who were singing for a while. the north bank is where all the singing starts though.

A

Anonymous

the north bank is where all the singing starts though.
:| Thats funny, i could of sworn us lads in the clock end spent hours singing "north bank give us a song", "north bank sing, your having a laugh" and "shall we sing a song for you". The north bank is by far the worst stand for singing. Ive actually heard seasoned gooners saying we should demolish it to actually save us the embarressment of it being there.
Getting highbury fans to sing is like getting a cow to quack.
Once every so often when the earth is at a certain degrees to the angle of the sun crossed with the moon and the 3rd star of saturn you might hear a song.
The problem is there isnt enough people who want to sing. There are too many yuppies, kids, women and old grumpy men. Young people who tend to sing find it very hard to get tickets because they are wasted on these ponses.
Another problem apart from lack of interested singers is the lack of songs. Back in the day we had hundreds, back when the north bank used to have the best atmosphere in england. There used to be a large group we as kids would go and stand near because they would always create new and original funny and abusive songs. It was great. These days all abusive songs against rivals are banned and anyone caught swearing is kicked out. This means we no longer sing any songs slagging off the opponents which is a shame because it used to be fun and is all part of football. Also the lads who used to make up funny tunes are too old and have retired from highbury. That leaves the few of us who grew up following them trying to keep it goin. But because of lack of people joining in and the inability for these idiots to learn new songs they never work.
Most of all though, the most annoying thing, whenever we get a song going, on occasions we get "arsssseeenalll, arsenal fc" going really loud and it sounds really good, but after one rendition it stops. This is the most annoying thing. We should keep the chants going for at least 4-5 renditions otherwise it sounds short and stupid and is a waste of all our time. It is because of lazy ****ers who cant even be arsed singing for more than 15 seconds. Why start the song then stop after one rendition?
Have a listen next time you watch arsenal on tv, you will hear a song, happens mostly with "arssseeenall arsenal fc" it will get really loud then die off immediately. ****ing stupid and bloudy annoying.

Against newcastle was the best last year (away of corse) we actually got original songs going. Also away to leeds.

Rupert

Flag day didnt encourage **** except loads of 6 year olds waving a 20 foot CUP WINNERS CUP 94 flag in front of yer face.

The scarf thing at community shield might almost encourage people to sing but I dont see how, and also is anyone actually going to that? bit of an expensive trip for one match if you ask me, great for the people who can never get tickets sure but its such a mickey mouse game, id rather see arsenal - ajax and get pissed in another country than be humiliated when only 3 of our fans make the trip

I was at newcastle away last season and that was decent, also the Liverpool game before that match I felt the atmosphere was decent and we really got behind the team. Other notable games was Chelsea in CL at home, whats this THE EAST STAND SINGING AT HALF TIME!?!?!? I **** you not, admittedly jose had just smacked one in but still thats quite some feat!

I normally sit west stand but i sat clock end and north bank a few times before and by far clock end out sing north bank, even in the west stand its not rare we outsing the north bank, truth is its mostly full of people who want to experience THE AMAZING ATMOSPHERE OF THE NORTH BANK but dont contribute to that atmostphere. CAN YOU HEAR THE NORTH BANK SING? I CANT HEAR A ****ING THING! had that going for like 1 minute from the west stand!! (**** nearly got kicked out for swearing)

Arnie

I thought ARSENAL.COM had a great idea to make up new songs for players like kolo and bobby. But no one will learn them will they.

Away games have always been better for signing etc. Sadly my days of sitting in a traffic jam on the m6 are well and truly behind me. :(

Aussie

Established Member
Arnie said:
I thought ARSENAL.COM had a great idea to make up new songs for players like kolo and bobby. But no one will learn them will they.

THATS CAUSE THEY WERE ****

Nobody is keen to sing a chant that uses the ****ing flintstones tune to it :!:

Ive said it before and ill say it again

a good chant must be have at least a few swearwords in it like **** or **** and should be abusive towards the opposition. The problem is when you swear or say anything slightly abusive at any sporting events these days some mother tells you to stop swearing or some grumpy old fart or some secruity guard tries to kick you at the stadium.

pv4

Against newcastle was the best last year (away of corse) we actually got original songs going. Also away to leeds.

I went to the Leeds match. Proper pissed me off how the media were getting all keen over the fact that they sung one of their songs after we scored our fourth, but chose to overlook the fact that we outsung them through the whole match, I think they even made leeds' fans the best moment of the day on the Premiership programme on ITV that night. Bastards.
Oh yeah Alex you're right, Travel Club rule!

gunnersgal

perhaps we should all go up to some games a
t the same time and get everybody singing. if all of us on here join in it will definatly be good!

A

Anonymous

Yes we are that bad, we are even worse than bad.

North Bank is a joke. It is full of women, day trippers, Japanses tourists complete with digital camera and people who dont have a clue. Put all this together and you have a **** atmosphere. Ive decided to sit in the Clock End for every game next season, ive given up on the NB.

Having said that the Clock End isnt much better.

When we want to be we can be a loud as anyone. Leeds at home this year was one of the best almospheres I have EVER been involved in. However most of the time people sit back and expect to watch a show - and when it doenst happen instead of supporting they ***** and moan.

Also the stewards at Highbury are a bit OTT for me. I was threatened with being throw out for standing up at the Everton game last season - we had just won the league and they wanted me to sit down! Me and my mate responed with a chant of Stand up for the Champions - pissed her off good and proper.

As the guv said also we have NO decent or original songs which add to the problem.

But for the most part atmosphere in football stadiums is decreasing at every ground you go to. Newcastles support this year was very poor. It mainly down to the price keeping out younger working class men who are most likely to sing and letting in post Euro 96 yuppies who havent got a clue and have more money than sense, complete with a wife dressed up in the latest designer gear (I cant stand women who get dressed up for football - every where at Highbury) and two or three kids who spend 90 minutes fighting with each other and doing anything but wathcing the game.

gash

****ing hell you lot moan alot, you know that?!

"1-0 to the Arsenal" i.e Go West, has been adopted and used by so many supporters but I think we were the first to start singing it.
Same with Viera..whooaa, he comes from Senegal...every other club has their version on it now.
We love you Freddy. (only lasted when he had red hair but was quality)
We started the Kanuuuuu thing that ManUre now use on Ruuuuud.

I used to follow Kilmarnock when I lived in Scotland for a few years and we sung non-stop...but only because the footy was so ****e and we always got a skelping. Besides it was all terracing then, sitting down doesn;t really lend itself to singing.

**** clubs sing to salvage some pride man, we're so ****ing ****hot that we needn't sing to make up for a footballs shortcomings. Let them sing their poxy songs, so what, i'll take the premiership over singing praise.

Sonic Youth

1-0 to the Arsenal" i.e Go West, has been adopted and used by so many supporters but I think we were the first to start singing it.

we learned it from the paris sg fans in the cup winners cup semi's in 94.

Ive decided to sit in the Clock End for every game next season, ive given up on the NB.

Having said that the Clock End isnt much better.

ain't it impossible to get clock end tickets? you can't get them by just asking for them at highbury, so how are you gonna get CE tickets for every home game next season?

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom