• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arouna Koné

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
:lol:

As opposed to leonardo and me, who watch him about 35 times a year.

But the mighty kel doesn't need much to see the truth!

mighty kel? hm, that should be my new nick. very fitting...

Bergy_1995

just watched the vid, he reminded me of Etoo, which surely is a good thing crossed with shaun haha wright-philips, but he does seems like a striker to me, not a winger. looks like he has potential.

Reyes(9)

The last game he played with PSV he scored twice ..He's a very fast striker and he looks like eto'o just like ((bergy_1995)) said ;)

Reyes(9)

leonardo santiago said:
PSV have -just- signed Arouna Kone for 4 years (he was on loan with an option to buy from Roda JC at PSV).

Is it official ?? coz i only heard that he's on loan and Arsenal are interested soo PSV may wait for the Arsenal offer first then maybe pay more money ..

qs

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
PSV have -just- signed Arouna Kone for 4 years (he was on loan with an option to buy from Roda JC at PSV).

If thats true its been some sterling work by his agent.

SCF

Psv have signed Arouna Kone for 9 Million Euro's (6 Million Pounds) as stated above he will play there for 4 years. Kone is nowere near good enough yet for Arsenal. He has only scored about 7 times yet in the season. You can better get Kuyt if you got some money because he's already scored 19 goals this season and he also has given 17 assists so far in 27 games.

Mostarac

Established Member
SCF said:
He has only scored about 7 times yet in the season.

Wrong, PSV.nl say that he has 12 goals(2 for Roda before he moved to PSV earlier this season) so far this season.

M+D

Established Member
Arouna Kone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 604913.stm

Arsenal are interested in PSV's Ivorian striker Arouna Kone, who is rated at around £4m. (News of the World)

Not exactly Eto'o but a decent enough back up I suppose. I don't watch the Dutch league, but here is his stats from Wikipedia:
Total career goals/appearances:
Goals 65
Appearances: 167

That's not a very good goal ratio imo for a striker who's at one of the best clubs in Holland and has been for a while now. Adebayor has scored more goals this season than him, as has Henry and Rvp. So if it's a natural finisher we're after, I think we should look elsewhere.

Lukazan

Established Member
I actually really like him.

As we saw against PSV he works his socks off and is a pretty intelligent player. A little inconsistent though.... dodgy one minute and then capable of the impossible the next.

Not sure how much he'd bring to us or a top top side but I am very surprised there's been no interest in him from other Premiership teams below us.

nazo

Established Member
I can tell you one thing about him, he's really fast. His finishing is inconsistent, kind of like Ade. He misses a sitter one minute, and two minutes later he curls in a beauty. Good player who can play on the wings too.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
He is no better than Adebayor, that I am very sure of. Because if he was, Arsenal would have snapped him up a long time ago. Yes he is a very fast player but like most African players (apart from Eto'o), his finishing is really POOR. He would be a good signing for a mid table club but he's not good enough for Arsenal.

Viper

Established Member
I can only see us signing Kone if Adebayor was to leave. He'd be a direct Adebayor replacement for me.

I guess he would be a decent squad player, but wouldn't want him first choice. Like Adebayor, has erratic finishing although he has other qualities in him. Rather skilful and is very quick as already mentioned.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom