• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arouna Koné

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

arsenal_hleb said:
longrufus said:
I would disagree really, if he played on the wing he would definatly add something to the squad.

Quick, strong, good on the ball and is actually a decent finisher.

He would score far more goals from the wing than Hleb could ever offer us. Hleb will never be a goalscorer, will maybe chip in a few every season but thats it. Kone would add directness and a real goal threat. His finishing is not a lack of ability, but simply inconsistancy.

Im not saying to replace Hleb directly, but a squad needs at least 3 quality wide men. At the minute we only have 2 (Rosciky and Hleb), of which only one is able to score goals (Rosicky).

We def. need a new wide man in the summer, that much is certain.
if thats the case then aim for a wide man, a real winger, not a striker played on the wings. if you really like a striker on the wings, then aliadere could jolly well play there next season.

what we need is quality on crosses passes, and goals to chip in from a new winger. other than scoring a few goals and running at players, kone can do nothing else.

I am thinking that Aladiere could play there. Not sure why he doensn't . Always thought Kone was a wide man who could play striker , its kinda what Arsène likes .

Bergy_1995

celestis said:
arsenal_hleb said:
longrufus said:
I would disagree really, if he played on the wing he would definatly add something to the squad.

Quick, strong, good on the ball and is actually a decent finisher.

He would score far more goals from the wing than Hleb could ever offer us. Hleb will never be a goalscorer, will maybe chip in a few every season but thats it. Kone would add directness and a real goal threat. His finishing is not a lack of ability, but simply inconsistancy.

Im not saying to replace Hleb directly, but a squad needs at least 3 quality wide men. At the minute we only have 2 (Rosciky and Hleb), of which only one is able to score goals (Rosicky).

We def. need a new wide man in the summer, that much is certain.
if thats the case then aim for a wide man, a real winger, not a striker played on the wings. if you really like a striker on the wings, then aliadere could jolly well play there next season.

what we need is quality on crosses passes, and goals to chip in from a new winger. other than scoring a few goals and running at players, kone can do nothing else.

I am thinking that Aladiere could play there. Not sure why he doensn't . Always thought Kone was a wide man who could play striker , its kinda what Arsène likes .

Aliadiere isn't good enough. I don't know why Wenger persists to keep faith in the lad. He's a big tryer, but largely fails to deliver. Kone in comparison is much the better player; more of a striker who likes to pull out wide from time-to-time, deadly quick though. Similar to Jeremie, but as I say, better - and would bring more. Would be useful at the Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom