• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal 2-1 Sp**s Player rating

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia 8.
Sanag 7
Toure 7
Gallas 8
Clichy 9 MOTM
Eboue 6
Rosicky 6
Cesc 7
Flamini 8
Hleb 7
Ade 7

Bendtner - 7

beepos

Give everyone a 10. We beat the Spuds.

Seriously though, Clichy is my MOTM. He has been a complete beat. He had Lennon, in his pocket all day long.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 8
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 6.5
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Almunia - 7.5
Sagna - 6.5
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 7
Cesc - 5.5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 6

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 7.5
Sagna - 7
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 6
Cesc - 6
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 6

Bendtner - 72
Gilberto - 5

belgianfan

Almunia -Z.5(great penalty stop could maybe have done better with the berbs goal but hey)
Sagna - 6.5(decent but was a foul on taarabt)
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 9(amazing defensive performance)
Eboue - 6.5(direct, good shot)
Rosicky - 7(I thought he wasn't that bad like some do)
Cesc - 7(should have got 5 but 2 points for 2 assists)
Flamini - 6.5
Hleb - 5
Ade - 6.5(good goal, but bad passing and lost many balls)

Bendtner - 7(fantastic first touch :D , good pass to ade at once and threatening when he came on)
Gilberto - 6(decent)

dutchMasta

Almunia 8 (Saved our asses with the peno and good otherwise. Not to blame for the goal imo)
Sagna 7 (Lucky not to give away another peno, but solid otherwise)
Touré 6.5 (Outdone by Berba for the peno, but good otherwise)
Gallas 7.5 (Played better as the match progressed)
Clichy 8.5 (Amazing throughout)
Eboue 6.5 (Some good moments)
Rosicky 7 (Decent on the left)
Cesc 6.5 (Average other than 2 assists, one of them great)
Flamini 6.5 (Tried hard, but average)
Hleb 6 (Some good runs, but average otherwise)
Ade 6.5 (Well taken goal but average otherwise)

Bendtner - 7 (Match winner, great header, didn't do much else, but he didn't have to)
Gilberto - 5.5 (Gave the ball away when he was supposed to ease pressure off us)

arsmile

Established Member
What I thought at half time:

My midpoint musings

Nothing

What I’m thinking now:

Another professional performance, a good 3 points- couldn’t have asked for more I suppose, in a busy period we cant expect total football every match , although it looks as if we can expect 3 points every match!

Almunia-8- that was a ‘match winning’ penalty save, against keane who is one of the best penalty takers around, I haven’t looked, but I expect there to be some people blaming him for the goal- but beratov smacked that straight over his head from 4 yards out- the defenders should have blocked it, he didn’t have time to get his hands up. Also, you can see what he adds to the team morale- and how all the players like him the way they went up and celebrated with him at the end of the game

Sagna-7- you know exactly what you are gonna get from him every time he plays

Kolo-6- hasn’t been great lately, gave away a definite penalty- apart from that, generally ok

Galas-7.5- gets an extra .5 for being a great captain, I would question his judgment in making surging runs in the last few minutes, but hey; captain knows best

Clichy-7.5- for the most part, dealt with Lennon like no other left-back would, was also making the forwards runs- his greatest attribute defensively is his intelligence, he reads the game so well and is always in the position to make interceptions

Eboue-6.5- I am liking him more at RM, he looks a danger and got our first shot on goal

Fabregas-7.5- not great in all this game, but his part in the first goal was massive- was good defensivly when he needed to be

Flamini-7.5- in the first 10 minutes did well going forward, apart from that was very solid defensivly. His partnership with fabregas is growing into something special- I’m starting to take for granted what the two of them give you in a game

Rosicky-7- a good performance from him, was important in our first goal, otherwise decent

Hleb-6.5- didn’t really do anything, he was closed down particularly quickly- maybe Tottenham planned specifically to nullify his threat- and it worked

Ade-7.5- good finish, I know he’s the top scorer, I know hekeeps scoring, so I feel bad for complaining, but you get the feeling he COULD be even better, that he could win more header etc, but as long as he is scoring, anything else would be a bonus, also ‘blocked’ off bendtner’s marker well for the 2nd goal

Bendtner-8- first touch scored a header, no other player in our squad is half as good as him in the air- contributed well also, looks to me as if he can work perfectly well with ade- I know they are both big guys, but neither of them are immobile oafs- it’s not like playing two crouches up front

Gilberto-3- came on to do the job of trying to give the ball away as often as possible

scruzgooner

Lukazan said:
Almunia - 8
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 6.5
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6
i will be lazy and snag yours, lukazan. except i'm changing ade to a 6, don't think he was as bad as hleb and cesc today.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 7.5
Eboue - 5
Rosicky - 5.5
Cesc - 6
Flamini - 6.5
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5.5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 5.5

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
scruzgooner said:
Lukazan said:
Almunia - 8
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 6.5
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6
i will be lazy and snag yours, lukazan. except i'm changing ade to a 6, don't think he was as bad as hleb and cesc today.

I know Fabregas didn't have a good game today, but he still got two assists. Giving him 5 is very harsh.

Lukazan

Established Member
scruzgooner said:
Lukazan said:
Almunia - 8
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 6.5
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6

I just thought that other than the goal he was really bad today. If not for the goal he'd have gotten a 4 from me.

beepos

I was looking at Bendtner's stats

4 gaols and 2 assists in 10 appearances. He's one for the future. Great ration for his age, and probably the best young talent out of Denmark since Micheal Laudrup

giuliob

Almunia - 8 What a confidence builder
Sagna - 6.5
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 7 He brought some spark to the 1st half
Rosicky - 6.5
Cesc - 5 Mediocre 1st half; Pass to Ade nice
Flamini - 6.5
Hleb - 5 Very average game; sloppy passes; looked out of sorts
Ade - 6

Bendtner - 7 Jumped for the stars and got a goal
Gilberto - 6

Illusion

Established Member
Almunia 9
Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Flamini 7
Fabregas 7
Eboue 7
Rosicky 7
Hleb 6
Adebayor 7

Bendtner 8
Gilberto 6

Lots of 7's there.

Almunia saved a pen, deserves his rating.

Sagna was solid all game but for the Taarabt moment.

Toure was good enough, kept things solid.

Gallas was largely anonymous, but again kept things solid really.

Clichy had Lennon is his pocket all game apart from the moment where he crossed for Keane to hit the bar.

Eboue was good today, worked well and is definitely improving.

Flamini was decent in the middle, not great during the first half but no mistakes either.

Fabregas didn't have his best game but still managed to conjour up two assists, that's quality.

Hleb was largely anonymous, he contributed a little but wasn't that useful.

Rosicky was active and moving around, still playing quite well without injury which is good to see.

Adebayor did his job well, although we missed a presence in the box all too often in the first half, cool finish for his goal, the better side of his finishing is what we like to see.

Bendtner made a fantastic impact when he came on, there aren't many more important goals you can score and he made it look easy.

Gilberto was average, but average Gilberto was enough to slow down the Sp**s midfield movement at the end of the game.

awooga83

Established Member
Almunia - 8
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Rosicky - 7
Cesc - 5
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 5
Ade - 5

Bendtner - 7
Gilberto - 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Some people amaze me..:lol:

Almunia - 8 - could have been 9 but he let in one from Berbatov

Sagna - 7
Toure - 7 Clumsy play for the penalty
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8

Eboue - 6.5
Cesc - 6 - Did nothing for 90 mins but still had 2 assists...that is class..
Hleb - 5 - Not his best at all.
Rosicky - 6.5 - Average
Flamini - 6.5

Ade - 7 - Strong game..I cant believe the ratings he gets here..Sky Sports have given him MOTM..I suppose A-M is harder to please :roll:

Bendtner - 7 - Its offical. He is our 3rd choice striker....I have to admit I didnt like him for what he said but he has backed those words

Overall, the team, like ARSENAL MANIA, underestimated Sp**s and we almost paid for that. Remember we have to be humble even if we are top of the league otherwise we are no better than Man Utd

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Almunia - 7.5
Sagna - 5.5
Toure - 5.5
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 7.5
Flamini - 6
Eboue - 5
Fabregas - 5
Rosicky - 6
Hleb - 5
Adebayor - 5

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Almunia - 7 thank God
Sagna 7 - was ok
Toure 6 - suicidal tackle
Gallas 7 - his experience and calmness helped the defence today. it was chaotic in the box but managed to clear all sorts of sh^te thrown by the Sp**s in the penalty area
Clichy 9 - wow. just wow. MOTM
Flamini 6 - meh
Cesc 7- gotta hand it to you kid, your crappy today but thanks for the assist
Hleb 5 - horrible. but there was no other attacking mid that could play so he was forced to even tho he was clearly not fit.
Eboue 7 - Caused trouble for the sc*ms
Rosicky 5 - inconsistent. where was the Tomas we saw last week
Ade 8 - Goal! Very energetic.

Bendtner 8 - get in there son
Silva ?? - Did nothing thats worth a rating

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom