• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Manchester United | Sat, Nov 3rd,12.45pm | A.G

Nutsy

Established Member
The game we all been waiting for. Tis' a bit early though, but I'm pretty sure, we all are itching to talk about this game despite we have the Carling Cup action tomorrow night. So the game that could decide what lies in our future for the English Premier League's title. We're up against.... Our old arc rivals...

farsenalmanume2ab6d0yg7.png

We all know very well about the rivalries between these two teams. It stretches out in the middle of the Artic, (ofcourse I'm now exaggerating..Or am I..?). But A brief description nonetheless.

A Few Facts on Manchester United F.C.

* Manchester United's last domestic game before the Munich air disaster was a 5-4 win over Arsenal at Highbury. Duncan Edwards and Tommy Taylor, who tragically lost their lives in Munich, scored in the game.

* Manchester United (11 wins) and Arsenal (10 wins) are the two most successful sides in the history of the FA Cup. The two Clubs have twice met in the Final, in 1979 and 2005, with both ending in victory for the Gunners.

* The highest ever league attendance of 83,260 witnessed a game between Arsenal and Manchester United at Maine Road on January 18, 1948. Interestingly the current highest attendance at Emirates Stadium came against Manchester United, in the 2006-07 season. 60,128 spectators saw a late Thierry Henry header secure a 2-1 Arsenal win.

Courtesy of Arsenal.com

Manchester United Vital Statistics

statsski2.png

There is a big difference in their away form, that could give us the better advantage really. But one can't doubt that they are still a tough opposition. One cannot say this is going to be a walk in the park type of game, no. This game will determine how strong we really are, a test of our squad mentality.

Had a chat with a Man Utd fans, hell, In Asia, you have a lot of them around. They admitted that lady luck has been on their side. Is it true then? Do you agree to the fact that Mancs have been lucky so far in their games? At the end of the day, what matters is the 3 points they secured..

Current Premiership Standings

tablesmancgg6.png

Though we drew with Liverpool the other day, (and surely every one knows we deserved to win that game), we are locking horns with Mancs in the current table. Thus this Saturday Football Action is one of the biggest so far this season.

Why? Look at it.. Mancs played 11 games and lost one game with now 26 points with the same Goal Differences as we have. We are tied but with a game in hand. Should we lose that game in hand then Mancs will have the upper hand - Ofcourse if we are also failed to win this game on Saturday. But surely not, we're Arsenal, we strive for all.

650pixjs4.png

Referee : Howard Webb :roll: - (confirmed by only Arsenal.Vital.co.uk)

Who shall be in our starting eleven then? Are we going to see Gilberto in, instead of Flamini? Are we going to see another 451 with Hleb in hole and Adebayor alone upfront? Who will be in goal? Will it be Almunia or Jens? - We all know, no one can stir up the Mancs Like Mad Jens can. But given the circumstances, We should play our best squad players. And surely SAF will not spare anyone despite it will be the Champions League soon after.. SAF knows we are capable of beating them - even if it is a hard knocking win.

But we are The Arsenal. We simply have to secure that three points, We did a double against them last season, surely we're capable of doing it again this time. - With the stronger side of the squad. Bookies and pudits alike, favouring Mancs to win easily. That Mancs will give us the first defeat of the season so they'll dent our spirits and wither from there. Well then screw them.. We shall see what happens..

Come ON YOU Gunners!!!

Rahul

oye,how come there are two threads,heh same ones too.

That excited for the game Nadz?

Nutsy

Established Member
Who doesn't? Heh..Trust me, I'm not the only who wants the early start for the Manc Game thus doing the thread even though Sheffield Game has not started.

Even the Sheffield Match thread, people starting to discuss about what lies ahead FOR the Mancs games. Can you blame me ;)?

Edit : just realised there were TWO Mancs Match thread.. Deleted. Heh..

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think this will be the official thread. the other will be deleted.

i am even more excited about this than liverpool's one. must win game surely to shove it up their arse

scruzgooner

i cannot wait for this game.

if only the fookers at fox soccer channel in the united states felt it might have been a good one to show...barsteds.

tam1886

Established Member
I can't wait. The Sheffield Utd game is going to be a good distraction for me for a day or two otherwise I might go out of my mind with anticipation.

I'll post my team and views nearer the time.

silky

Should be awesome! Can't wait! Will leave extra time to get to the ground, can't allow anything to get in the way :D

silky

ibby

Established Member
I am too excited about this game to think about tomorrow.

So here is my take...

TBH, they, in my head they are favourites to win this match, for the simple reason that Hargreaves is playing.

When we played Manchester United last season at the Emirates they didn't have a tackler in midfield, which is why we dominated it. Now this time around, Scholes isn't going to be playing which is a blessing in disguise for them. There is a prospect of them playing two (Fletcher & Hargreaves), if so then Rosicky will have to have the game of his life to have a chance of winning, and from what I have seen so far, that is unlikely to happen.

The reason I said Rosicky was because they two that are more likely going to get marked are Hleb & Fabregas because of the form they are in.

Rosicky is going to be up against Brown, which is probably the last defender I would want someone of the size of Rosicky to be up against, he is fast, big & strong. Yes his attacking attributes aren't up there, but he is one hell of a central defender.

What I am about to say might scare few fans but if Fergie sends his team to go all out attack & we do they same, they will win.

This is the first time in years that they are technically superior to us & my worry is Fergie telling his boys to unleash themselves, esp. if we play a 4-5-1 because right now Adebayor doesn't have the confidence to play upfront alone.

Eboue needs to play in this match IMO, Rooney will probably play on the left (because he does against us), & if he does then Eboue will give us more defensive cover on that side. Yes his concentration might go sometimes, but it rarely does against the big teams. Against them (at home) he is fantastic , & lets face it, he loves playing against the best in the world & almost always has the better of them.

As for our defence, it is probably the most ideal defence in the world to be facing United's attack. Gallas & Toure are the perfect defenders to be facing United, good technique & most importantly, fast! Rooney & Tevez are on fire, but if you notice, all the defenders they have faced have been slow. Notice when they came up against Richards, Tevez struggled A LOT, and if Toure is on form, I can sense that happening again.

Heres to the ref not spoiling it...

Prediction. 1-1

CANNOT FVCKING WAIT!

Sorry guys, but this probably means more to me than any of you, because I live in Manchester....

tam1886

Established Member
beepos said:
number_0 said:
why so soon :shock:
lets all focus on the game on wedensday now shall we?

Nah, I'm all pumped for this one.
It would be a bit different if we were going to play a full team tomorrow as well, but since its the CC it kind of seems like two games independent of each other.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
ibby said:
Sorry guys, but this probably means more to me than any of you, because I live in Manchester....

Was about to coat you off, then I remembered my six years in Leeds and how every time a game against them came up (yes young A-M readers it used to happen every year) I wanted us to win more than anything in the world. It didn't always happen, but we always finished above them!

I'm not sure I agree they are technically superior to us, and I hope we don't fall into a trap of playing 451 because it feels comfortable. For me, that leaves no room (surprise, surprise) for Eboue. Rosicky and Hleb wide, and I'd like to see Eduardo given a chance with Ade- no real logic to that, just a hunch it might be his kind of game. Or is it hope? I'm not too far away from Alfonso's assessment of Bendtner though it's clear Nicky still has work to do. Impact player? Definitely. ready to start against the Champions? Not for me.

stuart

Established Member
number_0 said:
why so soon :shock:
lets all focus on the game on wedensday now shall we?

yeh but nobody could really care less about the game tomorrow! i certainly couldn't, Not when its in between such big games

ibby

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Was about to coat you off, then I remembered my six years in Leeds and how every time a game against them came up (yes young A-M readers it used to happen every year) I wanted us to win more than anything in the world. It didn't always happen, but we always finished above them!

I have been living here for 10 years. You have two typs of United fans. Knowledgable ones & bandwagon jumpers. When you speak to the latter it is like speaking to a brick wall. Attempt to have a good dicussion with them & they immediately mention their Treble.

As for the more knowledgable folk, they are pretty good actually & have no problems with them. But when it comes to gametime, they all attack like animals no matter who it is.

I'm not sure I agree they are technically superior to us, and I hope we don't fall into a trap of playing 451 because it feels comfortable. For me, that leaves no room (surprise, surprise) for Eboue. Rosicky and Hleb wide, and I'd like to see Eduardo given a chance with Ade- no real logic to that, just a hunch it might be his kind of game. Or is it hope? I'm not too far away from Alfonso's assessment of Bendtner though it's clear Nicky still has work to do. Impact player? Definitely. ready to start against the Champions? Not for me.

I believe they are technically superior to us. Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Nani, Anderson are all technically more astute than our attack.

As for the 4-5-1, I am with you, I want to see Eduardo play as Adebayor is a different preposition when he is in a 4-4-2.

With Rio being out, that is a real plus to us, he has been playing out of his skin this season.[/quote]

MDGoonah41

Established Member
For those of us in the US of A, I believe we change our clocks back on Saturday night, which means this one will still be 8:45AM, so you get some extra sleep.

I'm sure the streams will be working (eye roll)

maradona

To be honest the form that Rooney and Tevez are in right now scares me, they have peaked just at the right time to face us. That said as Middlesborugh showed on Sat that if you get around the back of them in defence then we will have more than enough chances.
Can they cope with our passing and movement. We beat them twice last season and they still won the league so anything less than a win is'nt disastrous, although the psychological impact could be great.
Despite my negativity I'm more upbeat about this game than the one against Liverpool. We need a HUGE Ade performance though.

scruzgooner

MDGoonah41 said:
For those of us in the US of A, I believe we change our clocks back on Saturday night, which means this one will still be 8:45AM, so you get some extra sleep.

md, i wrote to fox soccer channel pleading for them to add the game...like they did earlier in the season vs. ****. they're just showing freaking sky sports and the damn preview show again, why not get on with the biggest game so far in the league this season?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
scruzgooner said:
MDGoonah41 said:

md, i wrote to fox soccer channel pleading for them to add the game...like they did earlier in the season vs. ****. they're just showing freaking sky sports and the damn preview show again, why not get on with the biggest game so far in the league this season?

I think it has to do with their agreement with Setanta. I think each gets exclusive matches during the season. If Setanta decides to show the 7:45 match, which they almost always do, and there is only one match, then FSC do not get a match. I think earlier this year there were multiple matches maybe, and that's why FSC was able to add a match.

I'm almost considering finding a bar here in DC to go watch the match.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom