• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Manchester United | Sat, Nov 3rd,12.45pm | A.G

sparky44

i think they will beat us because we havent had any tests this season - therefore we will automatically lose against the team we did the double over last season. Yes we outplayed liverpool and really should of won that game, yes we are playing some great football scoring goals for fun, yes we have a better set of players then united - but they are right we havent faced anyone this season....

Nah jokes seriously fair play to the mancs they've been playing some decent stuff recently but I really dont see us losing on saturday. Toure and gallas will take care of tevez and rooney, clichy + Sags should have the portugese *****s in their pockets and just watch flam destroy anderson in midfield! Just watch him!

3-1 to us. C'MON ARSENAL

sparky44

Also I hope we go eye for an eye in the game on saturday, lets take the game to them lets get 'in their faces' they just wont see it coming at all. Ahhh theres nothing else like the feeling of a arsenal vs united game

giuliob

scruzgooner said:
MDGoonah41 said:
For those of us in the US of A, I believe we change our clocks back on Saturday night, which means this one will still be 8:45AM, so you get some extra sleep.

I'm sure the streams will be working (eye roll)
md, i wrote to fox soccer channel pleading for them to add the game...like they did earlier in the season vs. ****. they're just showing freaking sky sports and the damn preview show again, why not get on with the biggest game so far in the league this season?
I've written to Fox Soccer channel pointing out that in November they are showing one Arsenal game - against Wigan.....Setanta and Fox Soccer Channel split the weekly EPL games, and I wouldn't be surprised if Setanta pulls in the majority of Arsenal games because of the arrangement Arsenal just made with corporate Setanta....I can't have a dish here, so after some checking around, I found that ITV offers a $15 a month Setanta package...Am considering it for December when there's a load of games........ i

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I had ITV before. They got rid of the on-demand aspect, and when they did, i canceled my subscription. If you want to get it, call them and ask if you can use someone else's box and just set up your account through the box. If so, I'll send you my ITV box free of charge.

Alfonso

Established Member
sparky44 said:
i think they will beat us because we havent had any tests this season

You could say the same thing about them. The toughest team they have played this season has been Roma at home, and if Roma took their chances they would have won that game, as they outplayed Utd at times. The same night we beat just below the equivalent of Roma, Sevilla, 3-0. This will be Man Utd's toughest game of the season, esp in the EPL, and their fans and players know it.

We have had tougher tests this season. Being a goal down at half time to Sp**s and Liverpool were both big tests, which we passed. Even our away game in Romania was a tough test. Therefore, I think we are a little bit more prepared for this game from a mental point of view, and we will be able to counter the challenges we will face on the day. See, Man Utd's last 5 games have all been against **** teams, and this could give them a false sense of hope. Hopefully, they will get a reality check when they play us. Yes, they are good, but we are better. People like Nani and Anderson may look like world beaters when they face the likes of Boro and Wigan, but they wont no whats hit them when they face us. Do you think Flamini will give a **** about Anderson? What did Ronaldo do against Milan? The same thing will happen with Nani and Anderson when they face us. We have players all over the pitch who can put their players in their pocket and say good night.

Our biggest mistake would be giving too much respect to Man Utd. Yes, they can play quality ball but **** them. We go out there and play our best football and we will win. We are at home and we should take the game to them. Lets see what they got. I felt we showed too much respect to Liverpool, and that is probably why we only drew the game. We have to hit Utd from the word go. The early kick off worries me as it may give us a lacklustre start, and I worry we may only come to life in the second half, which happens with us at most 12.45 kick offs, but I hope the occasion and magnitude of this match will cancell any of these potential problems out.

Having said all that, Adebayor in particualr OWES us a big, big peformance.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Preferred XI

Manny
Sagna-Toure-Billy-Clichy
Hleb-Bert-Cesc-Rosicky
Adebayor-Eduardo

Fabianski
Flamini
Diarra
Bendtner
Walcott

I'd say Walcott instead of Eduardo, but I think this is the match where Eduardo shows everyone he's the real deal.

ronitc

I'm not convinced Hargreaves is as good of a "destroyer" as Mascherano and United will certainly not play as defensively as Liverpool, therefore if Cesc is on his game i expect us to control the midfield.

My one real worry for this match is that we will play 4-5-1. At home, against one of the few other teams that will come to play football against us, that's criminal. We beat them last season at home playing 2 (and then 3) strikers. Adebayor and Henry started the match, and van Persie was subbed on.

Against Liverpool we saw that while we controlled the posession we struggled to score because of the calibre of finisher we had playing as our only striker. 4-4-2 all the way, please!

Also, thought the bit above about their team being more technical than ours was quite misguided. Stepovers and tricks do not equate to technical superiority.

Our fullbacks will need to have good performances here. Sagna's big chance to show the rest of the premiership what we already know.

entropy13

Established Member
Thanks to the early KO, it's early night for me over here and not midnight (like the Liverpool-Arsenal game). :)

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
Gonna be a ripper!

Predicted 11
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Gilberto
Rosicky Cesc Hleb

Ade Edu

Need the experience of Gilberto
and the incomptence of Eboue out of the starting 11

3-2 win

kamikaze80

Established Member
its gonna be a cracking match, could go either way, could even be a blowout either way. impossible to predict given how good these two teams are, and how potent their attacks are. i cant wait!

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Yeah, I live in Silver Spring on the Red Line, so it's not tough for me to get into DC, but I just hate getting up so early on a Saturday and actually getting dressed and going to a bar. But I really need to see this match, I might sign up for Setanta Broadband and just go that route instead of fighting with the streams or getting up early and getting on the train.

I'm really hoping we do the business. If we score 3 or 4, it would definitely cement our place in the title race and give Alan Hansen something to cry about.

air

I think some minute detail is going to decide this one. It's always so close between us and Man Utd, well, at least the last three seasons. Was it 4-2 they beat us at Highbury a couple seasons back, but even that one was close.

I'm concerned about Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez because one of those could be the player to make that little difference. The referee could be the same, and somewhere along the line I'm worried that it's just United's turn to get this one. I'll eat my hat if it's not a close game though. I'll eat it with great pleasure if we beat them comfortably.

Match thread opening looks terrific. What a pic of our stadium.

hesham

Established Member
Form usualy goes out the window when we play the Mancs, realy depends on the day. United are gona raise there game and its going to be a great battle as usual

Great news that Scholes is out, he's getting on but he's still the guy that makes them tick, think i saw some stats somewhere that hes the only player to have made more passes than Fab4.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i am worried about the ref. i felt he favoured liverpool alot after looking at the match again. almost all our decision gone their way. he didn't even spot a clear penalty.

on saturday, he might either favour manure like all other refs or make it up for us watching his performance at anfield

giuliob

MDGoonah41 said:
I had ITV before. They got rid of the on-demand aspect, and when they did, i canceled my subscription. If you want to get it, call them and ask if you can use someone else's box and just set up your account through the box. If so, I'll send you my ITV box free of charge.
Thanks for the offer MD....ITV is offering a free box, so I'll most likely go that route.....I'm assuming that setup is easy and picture quality is good.....Again, appreciate the offer.......

sparky44

Alfonso said:
sparky44 said:
i think they will beat us because we havent had any tests this season

You could say the same thing about them. The toughest team they have played this season has been Roma at home, and if Roma took their chances they would have won that game, as they outplayed Utd at times. The same night we beat just below the equivalent of Roma, Sevilla, 3-0. This will be Man Utd's toughest game of the season, esp in the EPL, and their fans and players know it.

We have had tougher tests this season. Being a goal down at half time to Sp**s and Liverpool were both big tests, which we passed. Even our away game in Romania was a tough test. Therefore, I think we are a little bit more prepared for this game from a mental point of view, and we will be able to counter the challenges we will face on the day. See, Man Utd's last 5 games have all been against s**t teams, and this could give them a false sense of hope. Hopefully, they will get a reality check when they play us. Yes, they are good, but we are better. People like Nani and Anderson may look like world beaters when they face the likes of Boro and Wigan, but they wont no whats hit them when they face us. Do you think Flamini will give a s**t about Anderson? What did Ronaldo do against Milan? The same thing will happen with Nani and Anderson when they face us. We have players all over the pitch who can put their players in their pocket and say good night.

Our biggest mistake would be giving too much respect to Man Utd. Yes, they can play quality ball but f**k them. We go out there and play our best football and we will win. We are at home and we should take the game to them. Lets see what they got. I felt we showed too much respect to Liverpool, and that is probably why we only drew the game. We have to hit Utd from the word go. The early kick off worries me as it may give us a lacklustre start, and I worry we may only come to life in the second half, which happens with us at most 12.45 kick offs, but I hope the occasion and magnitude of this match will cancell any of these potential problems out.

Having said all that, Adebayor in particualr OWES us a big, big peformance.

Mate I know I was taking the piss about the **** the mancs (and fans in general) having been spouting all season. Haven't played anyone so far? Its just pathetic really

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom