• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Manchester United | Sat, Nov 3rd,12.45pm | A.G

scruzgooner

re setanta, i was wrong. i was looking at the uk site, not the americas site.

gotta start calling bars around here...

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Eduardo must start, We need intelligence upfront against Manchester United. Theo is inexperienced while Ade has hit poor form.

Also Eduardo is the best finisher we have avaliable.

-Shaun-

psycho said:
-Shaun- said:
Amazing match-thread.
--------------------------------

Starting 11:

------------------------Almunia----------------------
-------Sagna----Touré----Gallas----Clichy----
--------------------------Diarra-----------------------
-------------Hleb----Fabregas----Rosicky------
---------------Adebayor----Eduardo--------------

Substitutions:

Fabianski
Eboue
Senderos
Diaby
Walcott
Bendtner

Score Prediction:

3-1 to the Arsenal.

Also....

You may be a bit surprised by the inclusion of Diarra in my Starting 11. Well, my reason is pretty simple; He's one player! Trust me, there's nothing more that I'd like to see than Diarra getting a chance in one of our biggest Premier League games. It'll boost his confidence so much, and that's also the reason to give Eduardo Da Silva the nod as well.

Going to be a tough game this one, definitley. Recently they have been on top-form, and played some very good football on the way. Their attackers now have an almost unstoppable partnership, so we'll have to defend well against that. However.... How can't we be confident? Top of the Premier League. There is no doubt in my mind that we will play them off the park on Saturday, and I hope I am right.

C'mon Arsenal.
Diarra? You being serious or are you just trying to go against the grain?
Between Flamini and Gilberto, Diarra is lucky to make the squad- let alone the bench.

I am being deadly serious. I stated the reason for this in my last post. Oh, and when you say that he will be lucky to make the Bench, well that's Wengers choice isn't it?

The whole point of me posting that Starting 11 is that it's MY line-up, and my view. It's not about me going against what most people would think, it is just me having my own view. Is that OK?

Lukazan

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
Eduardo must start, We need intelligence upfront against Manchester United. Theo is inexperienced while Ade has hit poor form.

Also Eduardo is the best finisher we have avaliable.

But of a massive game to be throwing Eduardo in, isn't it?

As god awful as Adebayor was against Liverpool, I am certain he'll be starting on Saturday. Eduardo won't start, no way.

Wenger14

Established Member
Please no more 4-5-1's.

Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Hleb Gilberto Fabregas Rosicky
Eduardo/Nicklas Adebayor

Lehmann Flamini Eboue Theo Eduardo/Nicklas

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Wenger14 said:
Please no more 4-5-1's.

Almunia
Sagna Touré Gallas Clichy
Hleb Gilberto Fabregas Rosicky
Eduardo/Nicklas Adebayor

Lehmann Flamini Eboue Theo Eduardo/Nicklas
Take Bendtner out of the equation and that would be my starting 11.

Alfonso

Established Member
10 years ago we played Man Utd at Highbury around about this time. I think we went one nill down to a Teddy Sheringham goal, before Anelka scored his first goal for us, and what a goal that was. Then Vieria scored another screamer. Utd equalised through Teddy and it was 2-2 with about 25/20 mins to go. Before 15 mins to the end good old David Platt scored a header which proved to be the winning goal. That match was a kind of turning point of our season in 97/98(as well as loosing to Blackburn at home 3-1). After that game the players actually beleived the title could be won, something we had not done at that point for 6/7 years.

http://www.arseweb.com/97-98/reports/091197.html

I sense that this game has a similar feeling about it. 10 years on, a 18 year old striker scores his first league goal for us? Or a young striker by the with the nick name 'Nick' scores his first league goal? There are some good omens I must say.

edit: Looking at that link we actually were two nill up and Platt scored with 7 mins to go instead of 15. My bad.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I don't think there is any situation really in which we should play a 4-5-1 the rest of the season. Liverpool parked the bus against us at their "fortress", and we were playing a 4-5-1. If we play a 4-4-2, we'll dictate the pace of play against just about every team out there. And even against teams that like to attack, like Man U, Barca, Madrid, Roma, etc etc, they will still have to defend against us because of the shear amount of possession we have in a game.

I know 4-5-1 helped us in the past, but these are different players.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

All this talk about Bendtner starting is making me wanna vomit...
Of all the matches we had this season..why start him against Man U? :?

Anyone spot Fergie in our match against Liverpool? I wonder what he was thinking.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
4-4-2 and i would throw eduardo in if he has a good game midweek.(Assuming he plays).

I understand the idea behind gradually blooding players but sometimes when u need a prolific finisher and you've got one who needs games to find his rythym its best to just play him.
He has always been a threat whenever he has played and i think Adebayor alone leaves us a bit blunt.
Midfielders are meant to assist the forwards by bagging a few a season each, but they arent meant to carry the responsibility alone.

Lukazan

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
So your thinking 4-5-1 then?

We did score our goal when another striker came on.

Sorry, I assumed you meant a 4-5-1 because you said Ade was in poor form.

But anyhoo, now that you mention it I do think, unfortunately, Wenger will go with 4-5-1. The exact same formation we played against Liverpool.

gunner321

The arrogance on redcafe is amazing, they are mostly 100% confident that they can take us apart at the Emirates it seems.

This is will be a very tight game, I hope we go 442, we are the home team, and put Eduardo in, he needs to get a run now with van persie out, and starting today at sheff utd to give some sort of a springboard and build confidence for saturday, as his exclusion from the Liverpool squad can have done nothing for his confidence.

I think we went 442 at home to the big teams last season though didn't we? RvP came on for Ade to score the equaliser, with Henry already on the pitch in that game, could be wrong though.

sam961gunners

My team:
--------------------Almunia--------------------
---Mophead--Toure--Gallas--Clichy---
--Hleb--Fabregas--Gilberto--Rosicky--
--------------Eduardo---Adebayor------------
Subs: Lehmann, Eboue, Flamini, Walcott, Bentdner.

Gilberto back in, his experience is needed in these types of games. Flamini is better against the smaller teams, where he can really get stuck in, Gilberto is the right man to play in the big games. Eduardo to start, 4-5-1 at home would be stupid and Theo/Bentdner are not quite ready to be thrown in at the start in such a match.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Attention and focus switches back to the mancs now and after seeing this match today, gilberto has to play this game, his reading in the central park and leadership will be vital

Just to look around and see gilberto next to you in these matches gives a player a lot of confidence, also his ability to cover and mark the wingers is priceless

He gets the nod for me

sparky44

gunner321 said:
The arrogance on redcafe is amazing, they are mostly 100% confident that they can take us apart at the Emirates it seems.

This is will be a very tight game, I hope we go 442, we are the home team, and put Eduardo in, he needs to get a run now with van persie out, and starting today at sheff utd to give some sort of a springboard and build confidence for saturday, as his exclusion from the Liverpool squad can have done nothing for his confidence.

I think we went 442 at home to the big teams last season though didn't we? RvP came on for Ade to score the equaliser, with Henry already on the pitch in that game, could be wrong though.

Would just make victory even more sweeter then. No doubt there will be something to blame it on if we do win, same old excuses...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Attention and focus switches back to the mancs now and after seeing this match today, gilberto has to play this game, his reading in the central park and leadership will be vital

Just to look around and see gilberto next to you in these matches gives a player a lot of confidence, also his ability to cover and mark the wingers is priceless

He gets the nod for me
Have to agree with you again bro..Ive been saying this all along, but Gilberto's maturity stood out ten fold today.
I think we have missed his knack for nipping attacks in the bud recently..
Watching Eduardo today, we have to play 4-4-2. Hopefully he is fit enough to start. A very intelligent player.

Stretfordender

From a Man United point of view, I think that this will be the side Ferguson will start with:

---------------------Van Der Sar------------------

---Brown---------Rio------Vidic---------Evra---

---------------------Hargreaves-------------------

Ronaldo----------Anderson--------------Giggs

----------------Tevez---------Rooney

I was hoping Neville would be back for this one, but hopefully Brown will continue the good job he's been doing all season. I'm happy with the Rio-Vidic partnership, and I think Evra will do a good job against anybody. Ronaldo on the right no problems there. Giggs on the left, not the player he once was put seems to have a decent track record against your lot :) . Hargreaves looks set to play the holding role on what will be only hsi fifth competitive appearence for us. Anderson will most probably come in for the injured Paul Scholes, who I'm very excited about by the way, was MoTM against Kiev the other week, and looks to be settling in nicely. And then there's the Rooney-Tevez partnership upfront, will be a joy to watch for us Man United fans if the past 4 or 5 games are anything to go by. But then again I suppose it's down to your defense to make sure the joy lies with your fans. All will be revealed on saturday,

Yep, looking forward to this one.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom