• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC's best ever signing has to be...........

slapz

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Slapz - with hindsight much as I love him Wright was probably one of the worst ever signings in Arsenals history.

I can name you at least 20 players signed who are worse than him.. prob a hundred if i got to thinking about it

The reason i said Ian wright was that he didnt have the luxury of playing with the current crop where we played free flowing football and emphasis is on attack.

He played in a team consisting of Morrow, Selley, Hillier, McGoldrick and still showed what a class act he was. He used to have about 2 chances per game and he'd put them into the back of the net more times than not. The current lot have about 20 shots and only 1 goes in

what we're missing at the moment is an Ian Wright sort of player.

When you said he's one of the worst, were u thinking along the lines of it changing the way we played to having a lone man up top or something n being boring?

Gooner83

I won't run down wrighty, he was my hero back in the day.. even had his name on my shirt as a kid.

Hes still Arsenals top scorer, and thats what he was a proper goalscorer.

Taozhe

I'll have to agree its Wenger. His Wengerball made Arsenal one of the most entertaining teams to watch in football :)

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom