• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Sweggeh

On another note, I have no idea what all the numbers and tables in this thread mean, but I hear this in my head every time I enter.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, Stan is a weirdo. Don't think he's ever spoken out about what he wants with the club, what his ambitions are or why he was even interested in buying the club in the first place.

It's only natural people assume he's in it for the money and doesn't give a rats ass about us otherwise. Even if there are other reasons, which seems unlikely, he doesn't do much to change people's perceptions.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Still, I can respect that Stan is not screwing around with the club structure or coming in and taking charge of things, as certain other people would.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
So we spent 114m on the acquisitions in Jan and Summer 2014, 80.5m of which is being paid off on credit. So we spent 33.5m net and made a 24.7m net profit.

So in order to break even we can spend at most 58.2m per anum including signing on fees and first years salary. Not including costs of repaying prior transfer acquisitions or the increased cost of contracts.
114m is the player addition booked while 80 is the liabilities to creditors. But the 80m figure may include installments payable on past purchases.
The below comment is more telling
"
In cash terms the impact of these acquisitions was partially offset by the collection of receivables on player sales (both current and previous) and by the credit terms agreed with the vendor clubs; nonetheless GBP46.2 million of net cash paid out in the year for player registrations still represents a record high level for the Club."

So 114 expenditure out of which 46.2 million has been paid and around 65m is due in the following years which gives the below table(lifted from the statement):
2015 2014
GBPm GBPm
Bank balance excluding debt service 193.1 173.3
Net balance payable on transfers (65.6) (28.8)
127.5 144.5

Now 65.6m will also be paid out in installments which basically means that we have 127.5m+ 20m odd available for transfers from previous years in addition to the increase in TV money.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
New $ 2.6B stadium concept to be built by Kroenke. I'd be curious to know if he's using money from Arsenal into servicing the construction of this "football" stadium

160114155641-nfl-stadium-3-super-169.jpg

160114155810-nfl-stadium-4-super-169.jpg

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/19/architecture/new-nfl-stadium-los-angeles/index.html

JackTheHack

Stan could be worse, he didn't suck £MM out of the club like Glazer (though he's taken to lifting £3M a year consultancy fee), isn't a gangster and hasn't run us close to bankruptcy like Gillette and Hicks. He is extremely rich and could have loaned the club say £200M in 2009 (ahead of commercial revenues, TV money bonanza) to make us competitive then instead of waiting for the money to roll in. We could also see some of the new loot applied to ticket price reduction especially for kids.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

JackTheHack

Lol...this stadium will be built and paid for by the city of LA. That's how they roll in the NFL. Taxpayers pay for the stadiums, owners rake in the profits. It really beggars belief.
Apparently Stanley is borrowing $1Bn to part finance it (using us as collateral?).

'Stan Kroenke is planning to borrow about $1 billion from JP Morgan Chase & Co. to help fund the proposed Inglewood stadium'.

'The $2.66 billion price tag for the Inglewood stadium includes financing costs. The 70,000-seat venue will be privately funded with personal seat licenses and a $200 million loan from the league’s G-4 stadium program'.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Apparently Stanley is borrowing $1Bn to part finance it (using us as collateral?).

'Stan Kroenke is planning to borrow about $1 billion from JP Morgan Chase & Co. to help fund the proposed Inglewood stadium'.

'The $2.66 billion price tag for the Inglewood stadium includes financing costs. The 70,000-seat venue will be privately funded with personal seat licenses and a $200 million loan from the league’s G-4 stadium program'.

Yea that could be why our funds can't be touched if he's borrowing against us as an asset.

spartandre217

Established Member
Public funding wouldn't give him the level of control he wants.. too many hoops to jump through and too much money to share.

Stan wants it all.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Don't think he can use the Arsenal assets as collateral. He's the majority share-holder but not the owner. He can pledge his Arsenal shareholding, but even that would be tough as Arsenal shares aren't traded in the capital markets and are very illiquid in nature.
Most of the large projects are generally funded keeping in mind the future cash flows. So as long as Stan is able to justify the 2.6billion outlay as being able to bring in revenues, he wouldn't require like for like collateral.

David Smith

Established Member
Lol...this stadium will be built and paid for by the city of LA. That's how they roll in the NFL. Taxpayers pay for the stadiums, owners rake in the profits. It really beggars belief.

Really? I'm dumbfounded. So they use taxpayers money for a luxury like sport stadiums and not something important such as free healthcare (like the NHS)

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom