• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2023

Does it feel like the off season is basically none existent for you lot? Non internationals will have 5 weeks break before they’re back but somebody like Saka will have had 2 weeks at the end of the season, a week with England and then 3 weeks off.

Probably wrong but used to feel like they got 6 weeks off minimum.

Feels like there are more internationals games than before. Is that statistically true or am I just talking out of my arse.

They also every year talking about adding more nationals games. Wenger wants like 1 world cups every two years or something like that.

Crazy given how **** national football is

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Feels like there are more internationals games than before. Is that statistically true or am I just talking out of my arse.

They also every year talking about adding more nationals games. Wenger wants like 1 world cups every two years or something like that.

It’s crazy when you think of the off time NFL and NBA players get. Footballers basically play 11 months of the year now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Does it feel like the off season is basically none existent for you lot? Non internationals will have 5 weeks break before they’re back but somebody like Saka will have had 2 weeks at the end of the season, a week with England and then 3 weeks off.

Probably wrong but used to feel like they got 6 weeks off minimum.

I think it’s the end of season as well right? They used to cram in the EFL final, CL final and FA cup final over the space of a week iirc.

Remember going with some West Ham and Chelsea mates to the pub back in the day to watch one get promoted and the other win the CL in the same day.

Reactions: A_G

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think it’s the end of season as well right? They used to cram in the EFL final, CL final and FA cup final over the space of a week iirc.

Remember going with some West Ham and Chelsea mates to the pub back in the day to watch one get promoted and the other win the CL in the same day.
Yeah. To be fair I think the World Cup has affected things but it’s bizarre that the CL final was nearly mid June.

That rat Fernandes has played 70 games this season I think.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Because of the Nations League, they have to cram all the Euro 2024 qualifiers into less than one year.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So preseason starts the first week of July? Players that have played internationals will get less than two weeks of holiday. That’s not enough. It should be 6 weeks holiday minimum.
The internationals don’t come back until July 14.

Jasinho

Can't wait for the games against United and Barca, will be a great initial litmus test for the squad against high quality opposition going into the new season. Hope we hit pre-season out of the park like last season and go onto having a great start again.

BodyOderggard

Player:Ødegaard
It’s amazing that Arteta spent every penny of his 200 million transfer budget on 3 players. I’d say we overpaid for KH29 and Rice but I’m thrilled with the decisive action.

I guess we’ll see Xhaka and Holding sold for sure with Partey and KT3 rumored to possibly go as well. I’d fancy keeping the later two for much needed depth. But Partey is getting on and Tierney probably wants more playing time.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Be interesting to see if Teta has changed any of his coaching staff. Something Pep does every year and I think Teta made changes last summer as well.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can't wait for the games against United and Barca, will be a great initial litmus test for the squad against high quality opposition going into the new season. Hope we hit pre-season out of the park like last season and go onto having a great start again.
We'll pump United.

Legend14

Established Member
I think we switch to a 4-2-3-1 this season.

Jesus/Havertz

Martinelli/Tross Ode/Havertz Saka/Nelson

Rice Tchouameni

Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba White/Timber

Just need the other impact 6.
ESR will compete for time.
Jorginho to close out matches.

You can put Eddie for Havertz if you really think Havertz can’t sub in at 9 at Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom