• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The big what “if” thread (Arsenal Edition)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GLJGPh0bMAAW_z1

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Score in that first half, we beat them... everyone lost their composure today to be fair, but Leo's miss was insane though.

That miss is kinda like the reverse Overmars v United moment in 1998, think that was the game/title.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Smith Rowe was healthy and Saka injury prone would their Arsenal careers have taken the same trajectories?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I don't think we bottled Villa. It was the most physically exhausted I've seen us look. I think it was a result of tired legs, tired minds.

Every time I go to the gym, I give myself every possible edge. After 2hrs lifting, I periodically can't even find my locker. Now and then trip over the barbell, I'm ****ed, and it goes to my mind. I think we don't have enough trustworthy players in our second string to weather the fixture congestion the way City have, and it's that simple.

Tired, clumsy bodies and minds do stupid things that without context, look bumblesome and inefficient. I am genuinely surprised it only happened in one game. Villa at the time were a really good team, and it cost us.

Riou

We should be better than having to rely on a loser like Son, tbh.

Will look more at the manager's selection v Villa at home and the player's second half performance in that game, missing a ridiculous amount of chances v Liverpool in the cup and Saka looking more for a pen that to score v Bayern in Europe...as the reason we haven't won something this season.

The players should feel a little down right now, they are people and to put a lot of effort into a season with no trophies is disappointing...but most of that emotion will hopefully be channelled into feeling more pissed than sad, so we come back even stronger next year!

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
You're forgetting Chelsea (a), Newcastle (a), Liverpool (a) and City (a).

You can't win every game man.. Even City dropped points in 10 (!) games.

I mentioned these specific games because we underperformed in all of those matches. Yes, losses are part of the game however, its absolutely criminal for a title chasing team to underperform against teams that they should beat.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I mentioned these specific games because we underperformed in all of those matches. Yes, losses are part of the game however, its absolutely criminal for a title chasing team to underperform against teams that they should beat.

Did Liverpool fail when they finished second in 2021/22 with 92 points? They drew Brentford away (3-3), Brighton at home (2-2), drew Sp**s home and away. Also lost to Leicester away and West Ham away. Is it criminal for a title chasing team to underperform vs. those teams or should we applaud their 92 point season where they were beat by a cheating juggernaut from Dubai? Or when they finished on 97 points but still didn't win the league. They drew 7 games in total.

You can always point to games where we should've done better, but when you get to these amount of points there's no real argument. We've had an amazing season, there's just some who cheated their way to the top. Can't call it underperforming, the margins are small. If Arsenal play West Ham we win 9/10, this year we had that 1/10 time where we lost. Same goes for Fulham. It's not underperforming.

Riou

Did Liverpool fail when they finished second in 2021/22 with 92 points? They drew Brentford away (3-3), Brighton at home (2-2), drew Sp**s home and away. Also lost to Leicester away and West Ham away. Is it criminal for a title chasing team to underperform vs. those teams or should we applaud their 92 point season where they were beat by a cheating juggernaut from Dubai? Or when they finished on 97 points but still didn't win the league. They drew 7 games in total.

You can always point to games where we should've done better, but when you get to these amount of points there's no real argument. We've had an amazing season, there's just some who cheated their way to the top. Can't call it underperforming, the margins are small. If Arsenal play West Ham we win 9/10, this year we had that 1/10 time where we lost. Same goes for Fulham. It's not underperforming.

Liverpool won 5 trophies in that 4 year spell 2019-2022 though, we have won 0 these past 4 years...we need at least something and very, VERY soon.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom