• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The big what “if” thread (Arsenal Edition)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The hell is this thread? Shoulda woulda coulda Beverly knight vibes. Screams of small **** energy loser mentality. This degradation is what happens when you ban @Farzad for a while.

What if I was Leonardo DiCaprio and had a seemingly endless stable of buxom 25 year olds queuing up to sleep with me?

Expect better from @2Smokeyy but I guess we all have our moments of weakness.

7d2.jpg

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'll add some
- What if David Dein failed to convince the board to sign Wenger? would we still be playing in Highbury?
- What if Cesc came back to play for us again and we didn't sign Özil
- and inspired from another post by A_G, what if we signed both Aubameyang & Giroud back in 2012. Front 5 of Podolski, Auba, Walcott, Giroud, Santi (Giroud coming off the bench, Santi CAM)

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only really not winning the Champions League in 2006, everything else is kinda irrelevant for me...even if we win it in the future it will never sit well with me that we weren't the first London team to win it, we should have been.

Have some regrets since then, but none I am anywhere nearly as emotionally connected to as that day.

GDeep™

League is very weak
“What if” is kinda useless because every club can do it. Ferguson wanted R9, Batistuta, Shearer, Vieira twice, etc, would we have won leagues if any of that happened? I don’t think so. What if Henry didn’t have issues at Juventus. What if Roman got Sp**s and not Chelsea.

Here you are looking at the “what if” situations that could’ve bettered you, but you have to go the full wheel and see what could’ve gone wrong.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Only really not winning the Champions League in 2006, everything else is kinda irrelevant for me...even if we win it in the future it will never sit well with me that we weren't the first London team to win it, we should have been.

Have some regrets since then, but none I am anywhere nearly as emotionally connected to as that day.

It wasn't just that we should've been the first London club to win it. It should've been THAT team with THAT manager.

If it does happen now, I'll be extatic, but certainly not to the degree I would've had we RIGHTFULLY won it almost 18 years ago.

Eto'o, that insufferable tw*twaffle, was offside & no one will convince me otherwise!!

Sadly, UEFA, that corrupt cabal of pastry connoisseurs decided Barca's filthy lucre was above the game's integrity.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yaya Toure would have joined in 2003 if the Home Office hadn't denied him a work permit.

That would have solved an awful lot of problems.

Reactions: A_G

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

One of mine is what if we signed Xabi Alonso when he was pretty much asking us to. Him and Cesc would have been immense.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One of mine is what if we signed Xabi Alonso when he was pretty much asking us to. Him and Cesc would have been immense.

Probably win in 2009/10 and then maybe even repeat the next year. Argument back to back titles could mean more money and better signings than Chamakh etc.

The big one though is do Nasri and RVP still force their way out after winning two titles? I say no. Cesc is still probably going to Barcelona though.

Whole history would change and instead of battling Sp**s for top 4 are we sending Ferguson off into the sunset without a trophy?

Do we win a Champions League in the years before RVP falls off?

ptrcopp

Was about to post that one. If we had gotten Hazard over Gervinho, man.

Or even getting Gervinho, but not getting him sent off in his debut against ****ing Barton.
As I remember it, he actually looked decent until that moment, but after the red card I thought the vibe around him changed and he seemed to play without confidence more often than not.

But I mean, replace Gervinho with Hazard in the lineup below... gorgeous.
View attachment 19838

I was imagining it and close to organism until I read “Gibbs - Vermaelen” and I immediately remember the consequences of that left sided pair

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I reckon you win the league in 15/16 if Wenger didn't refuse to spend the money available to him during that window. Literally the only club in Europe who didn't sign an outfield player. He was slammed for it on here back then but I think it's been forgotten a bit since he retired and is now mainly seen with nostalgic glasses.

I think it stands out as a major blunder because it was self-inflicted and not the result of various other players/clubs making decisions.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Cech window will go down as one of the most wierdest ever imo. What if we signed some outfielders that window?

There’s got to be someone we were working on like there has to be?

Links to Vidal and Benzema and maybe we thought we could get them but ultimately couldn’t?

We finished the season before on the up and was sire going into that summer we only needed one or two players.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

There’s got to be someone we were working on like there has to be?

Links to Vidal and Benzema and maybe we thought we could get them but ultimately couldn’t?

We finished the season before on the up and was sire going into that summer we only needed one or two players.
Fvck knows mate, Its one of the great mysteries in football. Has Wenger actually clarified anything about it?

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

“What if” is kinda useless because every club can do it. Ferguson wanted R9, Batistuta, Shearer, Vieira twice, etc, would we have won leagues if any of that happened? I don’t think so. What if Henry didn’t have issues at Juventus. What if Roman got Sp**s and not Chelsea.

Here you are looking at the “what if” situations that could’ve bettered you, but you have to go the full wheel and see what could’ve gone wrong.
Art Illustration GIF by Guille Rojas

Tnegs

This was the moment I realized Wenger had lost something. The belief that he could develop Diaby and Denilson into players the level of Alonso was just pure delusion.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
What if Arsenal didn't move to North London.
Woolwich Arsenal Mania forum would be here. We would still be playing in the dark, in evening matches. Our players would be playing with no numbers on the back of the shirts. Our Manor Ground at Plumstead may be an Historical ground, as Highbury was/is.

Screenshot_20240306-193636.png
"1 - 0, to the Woolwich Arsenal".

The Woolwich Arsenal supporters would be making there way to the Manor Ground, from the Woolwich Arsenal DLR Station.

Screenshot_20240306-193457.png
Woolwich Arsenal DLR Station.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom