• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The big what “if” thread (Arsenal Edition)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
What if arsenal okayed in different Color’s? Then I would never have been a supporter, let that sink in

Bucephalus

I hear that, but people know what I think. It's a combo of AMN not putting 100% during matches and the fact that he never should have been made a RB in the first place. It was a cool little way to get him games in the first team initially but that should have been it.
But what if AMN embraced RB the way Saka embraced LWB?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
AMN snark aside . . .

What if RVP doesn't get sent off at the Nou Camp? Or what if Ramsey doesn't get his leg snapped off at Stoke?
If RVP doesn’t get sent off, I think we go through against Barcelona. Play Shakhtar in the next round and knock them out having already beaten them 7-2 on aggregate in the group stage. After that would come a tough tie against Real Madrid, but with RVP/Theo/Nasri in hot form it was definitely doable. Fabregas probably wouldn’t have checked out mentally if he had a CL semifinal to look forward to. Get through that and we play United in the final having beaten them with a great performance four weeks earlier at the Emirates. Potentially a great chance to win the CL.

Win that and the following summer isn’t the disaster it ends up being. Maybe Fabregas still goes, but Nasri and RVP might’ve signed new contracts. Maybe we go to Lille and get Hazard to join the European champions a year early.

If this happens, Arteta doesn’t join and never manages Arsenal.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
What 'IF' Arsenal didn't concede a 36th minute equaliser to Benfica, in the 2nd Leg of the European Cup in 1991.
We would have progressed to the lucrative Group Stage. If rumours were correct, with the money we would have got for getting to the Group Stage, we would have signed Sergei Yuran and Jonas Thern.
Still feel like crying, after we got knocked out of the European Cup that season.

Screenshot_20230406-143755.png
Two Arsenal midfield Greats. David Rocastle up against future Arsenal player Stefan Schwartz.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What 'IF' Arsenal didn't concede a 36th minute equaliser to Benfica, in the 2nd Leg of the European Cup in 1991.
We would have progressed to the lucrative Group Stage. If rumours were correct, with the money we would have got for getting to the Group Stage, we would have signed Sergei Yuran and Jonas Thern.
Still feel like crying, after we got knocked out of the European Cup that season.

View attachment 14297
Two Arsenal midfield Greats. David Rocastle up against future Arsenal player Stefan Schwartz.
Yes very much so.

Our European record is something that the club needs to improve as a whole. I have no doubt that Arteta will give huge focus on the Champions League next season.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
What 'IF' the rumours were True, and Sir Alex Ferguson was appointed Arsenal manager, ahead of George Graham.
Wonder if Sir Alex would have had the same sort of Success with us. Would have been good if we had signed the likes of Roy Keane and Andrei Kanchekskis.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If RVP doesn’t get sent off, I think we go through against Barcelona. Play Shakhtar in the next round and knock them out having already beaten them 7-2 on aggregate in the group stage. After that would come a tough tie against Real Madrid, but with RVP/Theo/Nasri in hot form it was definitely doable. Fabregas probably wouldn’t have checked out mentally if he had a CL semifinal to look forward to. Get through that and we play United in the final having beaten them with a great performance four weeks earlier at the Emirates. Potentially a great chance to win the CL.
Can't see this tbh, we were completely outplayed in Barcelona. That red card was an outrageous call but RVP was a bottler in big games anyways, wouldn't have done sh*t on the pitch let's be real.

Biggest what if other than 06 is 08 and that criminal Dutch piece of sh*t doing the most to get Liverpool past us. Still after St Andrews I don't think we'd have done a lot of damage, even if we did better against that Chelsea side coached by Grant than against most others back then.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Surely the biggest what if (after 06/08) are the countless “almost” signings? CR7, Ibra, Benzema, Suarez, Mbappe…

Our what if 11 would be GOAT man.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't see this tbh, we were completely outplayed in Barcelona. That red card was an outrageous call but RVP was a bottler in big games anyways, wouldn't have done sh*t on the pitch let's be real.

Biggest what if other than 06 is 08 and that criminal Dutch piece of sh*t doing the most to get Liverpool past us. Still after St Andrews I don't think we'd have done a lot of damage, even if we did better against that Chelsea side coached by Grant than against most others back then.

I thought RVP was a pretty big game player no?

Great record in World Cups etc.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The other obvious one is… What If we never built the emirates? Couldn’t have known at the time of course that broadcast revenue would go beserk mode and was the right call at the time but with the benefit of hindsight…

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It was 3-2 on aggregate, and I think even if they score we still have a shot with 11 men. We even had a great chance with 10 men if Bendtner scored at the end.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I thought RVP was a pretty big game player no?

Great record in World Cups etc.
Nah mixed record, every time I try to think of a big game situation I think of that absurd failed lob over a beaten Abbiati in that Milan KO tie.

Was a brilliant baller but outside that 11/12 season wasn't a great goalscorer for us.

ptrcopp

What if we went for Arteta instead of Emery?

There were rumours we were going to. Would this have been too early for Arteta? Would we have been where we are now sooner? Or would we have ended up like Utd with Solskjær or Chelsea with Lampard?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It was 3-2 on aggregate, and I think even if they score we still have a shot with 11 men. We even had a great chance with 10 men if Bendtner scored at the end.
Yeah I remember that game well but like you said it was ****ing Bendtner. Was 4-3 btw I'm sure.

We lost that game 3-1 without a single shot on goal lol. Also Szczesny got injured and Almunia subbed on, even if we did score you could count on that fanny ****ing it up somehow.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah I remember that game well but like you said it was ****ing Bendtner. Was 4-3 btw I'm sure.
We were up 3-2 on aggregate when RVP went off

Uh Oh Oops GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom