• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The big what “if” thread (Arsenal Edition)

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

What if we made more signings in the Cech window.
What if we didnt sign Mustafi.
What if judas wasnt a cvnt
What if we stayed at Highbury.
What if Lady Nina didnt sell to Stan.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

What if Fizman didnt fund the Bergkamp deal, that is where our recent history started.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Man, this is one painful, depressing thread 😭

We’ve been through some tough times over the years, so it’s always good for some self reflection especially as we’re 9 games away from winning the PL.

Going into the season, I really thought our next title would be in like 5-10 years time.

Buhry

Established Member

AloDfPICMAAKzBP.jpg

Wenger claimed that he wanted to sign him and spoke to his agent but couldn't because of work permit issues.
Would have been a sight to see

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I really thought the crop of Afobe, Eastmond, JET, Lansbury, Bartley etc were the truth at the time but I think some of them got lost in the lifestyle. Saw two of those lads on night outs and I could tell they already thought they made it from their demeanour.

Had high hopes and a lot of time for AMN and Willock. Happy for Willock ngl but AMN needs to turn things around ASAP otherwise it could become a slippery slope from here.
I think in hindsight the Willock/AMN/Nelson/Nketiah crop were a little better, they had a bit more variety and attitude and more of them could have made it. Bennacer was part of that group, so was Marcus McGuane, Josh Dasilva, ESR came just after. There were a handful of guys in the JET gen that had spark. Chuks Aneke was another name that had it all but it never quite worked out for him.

Slightly off-topic but I think the recent couple of years has seen our best talents for a really long time though. The current lot in the semis of the Youth Cup (that game is on Tuesday at the Emirates, might go if I'm feeling up for it!) have some of the strongest talents I've seen in the U18s. Amario Cozier-Duberry, Myles Lewis-Skelly, Reuell Walters, Ethan Nwaneri, Osman Kamara even Michael Rosiak looks good. I'd have included Lino Sousa but he isn't Hale End, we got him from West Brom a year ago. The keeper Noah Cooper looks a talent. Omari Benjamin is a sleeper, very modern 9. A lot to work with.

As for AMN, he will probably continue to be lost as long as he's typecast as the utility man that doesn't like being a full-back. He needs what he had for that short time at West Brom - a team that will just play him in midfield and let him get a run there. It would also help if he developed more consistency too but that's a tougher ask at this stage. He actually had a nice little string of games as the 6 for Southampton when Lavia was injured and did OK considering how bad Southampton have been this season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Speaking of Xhaka, he’s another one. The way the fans have come round to him has been remarkable. Another what if had he not been convinced to stay at the club.

Looking back at it, had he signed for Roma when Jose Mourinho wanted him for a cut priced deal then we’d be ruing losing a reliable player for such a relatively low fee.

We would have lost @BergMan and @Erlis to Roma Mania too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

As for AMN, he will probably continue to be lost as long as he's typecast as the utility man that doesn't like being a full-back. He needs what he had for that short time at West Brom - a team that will just play him in midfield and let him get a run there. It would also help if he developed more consistency too but that's a tougher ask at this stage. He actually had a nice little string of games as the 6 for Southampton when Lavia was injured and did OK considering how bad Southampton have been this season.

I think the biggest mistake AMN probably made was sticking around when his stock was high after he made the England squad and even following his loan spell at WBA. I think all the loan spells coupled with him being viewed as a utility player really hindered his development.

It really looks like his career is going down the Ox route whereby he’ll end up as a big part player as managers just see him as option from the bench as they’re not sure where to put him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think the biggest mistake AMN probably made was sticking around when his stock was high after he made the England squad and even following his loan spell at WBA. I think all the loan spells coupled with him being viewed as a utility player really hindered his development.

It really looks like his career is going down the Ox route whereby he’ll end up as a big part player as managers just see him as option from the bench as they’re not sure where to put him.
I hear that, but people know what I think. It's a combo of AMN not putting 100% during matches and the fact that he never should have been made a RB in the first place. It was a cool little way to get him games in the first team initially but that should have been it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
What if we had sacked arteta during that 2020 run and hired someone like conte?

How it would have affected our style of football, the shape of our squad and current trajectory?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What if we made more signings in the Cech window.
What if we didnt sign Mustafi.
What if judas wasnt a cvnt
What if we stayed at Highbury.
What if Lady Nina didnt sell to Stan.

I actually don’t know who you mean by Judas is it RVP or Cole? Despised them at the time, but zero issue with what they did now - it’s a job no? Emanuel ‘Arsenal fans insulted my mum, but then I’ll sign for sp*rs’ Adebayor is a contender.

FYI you can be certain someone, somewhere from another club is in Saka’s ear in some capacity at the moment.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I won't contribute a new what if scenario of my own but I'll respond to some of the ones mentioned.

We definitely beat Barcelona in the '06 Final with 11 men. We were the better team with 10 men already. I think Henry does stay on for longer, but probably goes to MLS again at some point.

There's a good chance we'd have won the title with the addition of Suarez. The guy was a monster that following season, and we weren't that far off, only finished 7 points behind the eventual champions City. Probably wouldn't have signed Özil.

It's a leap to say we'd have won the CL in '04 if we got past Chelsea. That Porto team might seem like a Cinderella story, but they were rock solid, a much better team than Chelsea that season. If Chelsea got the better of us, so could Porto, and even Monaco, who knocked out Chelsea and Real Madrid on their way to the final.

I think Mourinho could still end up at Chelsea without winning the CL with Porto. He was very highly rated already, had won the UEFA Cup the previous season.

I do think we'd have won at least another title between 04-06 had Chelsea not hired Mourinho.

Wenger doesn't dismantle the Invincibles, but he'd look to replace some of the older members of the team clearly. I think Vieira leaves regardless of what happens in 04-05, he wanted a fresh challenge. So Fabregas would've fulfilled his potential regardless.

I don't put as much stock into the Eduardo injury as some here, he was good but not that good. I don't think we'd have won the league. United and Chelsea were the two best sides in Europe that season.

As for shouts of Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic, it's simply impossible to provide a reasonable estimation. Who knows? Perhaps they don't become the players they became for some reason.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Here’s one for you guys: what if Cristiano Ronaldo joined Arsenal in 2003 instead of United?

EXlkzmdWAAAHTWh.jpg
Don't know how it would've went but I'm pretty sure that when he forced his way to Madrid we wouldn't have got anywhere near the money United got.

Reactions: A_G

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
What if Stan & Josh took notice of certain posters on here & backed the players rather than the manager?

Tets gone, Auba, Mesut', Mustafi, & Sead running the ship🤔 Pepe & douzi still involved. Nuno keeping Tesco bag out of the team to the delight of the sauce boys, AMN running the show in CM🤣😜

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom