• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Season 23/24 expectations

Arsenal Season 23/24 expectations, what do you expect this season?

• 1) Title

Votes: 41 37.6%
  • 2) Double

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 3) Cup win

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • 4) Cup win+ Top 4/5 depending on coeffiecient

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • 5) Top 4/5

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • 6) Deep CL run and cup win+Top 4/5 depending on coeffiecient.

Votes: 34 31.2%

• Total voters

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It is always much harder to stay at the top (in our case near the top) than reach it in the first place so next season will be tough.

So far we have recruited well. Just a few question marks of if Partey will stay or leave or if we bringing in another midfielder.

We have a young squad, just natural development plus the players we bought should see us give a real good go at the title and a possible deep run in the CL. Ideally we should have maybe brought in a real clinical striker to complete our squad building but that isn't feasible for this season.

My head says 2nd in the league and quarter finals in the CL. Maybe an FA Cup win too. My heart says the same except we will snatch the league title back from the bald geezer at the Etihad.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Every year my personal aim for us is top 4. If we can challenge for the title again great but I don't see it as a must yet. It's more important to me that we maintain the level of performance we showed last season.

Make sure we get through to the last 16 of the CL and see how the draw treats us. It would be nice to win a domestic cup as well but again that depends a lot on the draw and how strong a line up we field.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
On a level though, there’s a difference between expectation and acceptability. I expect trophies, esp after this transfer window. Our players are young, will improve and have shown that they can fail upwards.

What would be my minimum acceptable season? 2nd place PL and CL semis. (Ok maybe quarters lol)

Topside

CL the following season 24/25 a min requirement top 5 new format should get that. Title challenge again be a sign of not being a flash in the pan, young talented squad with upside.

CL after so many years out, last 16 and just take it from there.

Hopefully treat the domestic cups with stronger selections, with whats looking like a better deeper squad no reason not to.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Let’s look at my minimum expectations.

Top 4 first and foremost. I want the team to show the quality we saw last season, with more consistency. We need to show everyone that we weren’t a fluke last season. That is very important to me.

Now for the season add ons.

From that base we need to improve our Euro coefficient. So let’s push for a quarter final appearance.

Beyond that, a cup would be great. If we can get FA Cup number 15 home. That and the shield of course, as I’m shameless like that.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Performance-wise, I want us to replicate last season, lots of goals and beautiful football. If we can continue that and finish in the top 3 then I won't complain league-wise.

However, this comes with rotation for me. I want to see the same level of standard in the league but being able to rotate players in and out. We got fortunate we crashed out of all comps last season so we were able to field the same team, but with the investment this summer I expect us to be able to rotate players but keep the exact same performance level.

This ties into tactics. I hope we can adapt when needed, this means CM & defence, RB or LB inverted, left like Havertz with Ode or Ode with Rice etc, need to see some flexibility.

Finally, cups we HAVE to be able to show good progression in cups, I'd expect quarter-finals of all depending on opponents but again, we have the squad for rotation so I want to be able to see this, same performance in league and cup with different players.

Actually finally, I want to see some youth begin to be seeded more, probably not the season for it but if we get Shrewsbury in the cup, I don't want a midfield of Ødegaard, Rice, Havertz. Let's bring some youngsters in somewhere and surround them with some experience.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This group of players need to win something, that’s the bare minimum, whether it’s the league cup or PL. After that I want a title challenge and minimum QFs in the CL.

We need to come out of next season saying that was progress.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hoping all those who scoffed at Arsène for continuous top 4, last 16 of CL and multiple FA Cups win on a shoe string, will expect a lot, lot more now we're spending like City and Arteta's had years to get his feet under the table and the luxury of all the players he ever wanted.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Everyone scoffing at Havertz even though he's the only player in the squad that played CL football ever but now they're expecting deep runs in the CL with the guy that couldn't get past Olympiakos? Feel like this season is gonna disappoint lots of people.

Maybe Declan Rice will make a difference with his European 'trophy' :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This group of players need to win something, that’s the bare minimum, whether it’s the league cup or PL. After that I want a title challenge and minimum QFs in the CL.

We need to come out of next season saying that was progress.
If there's no progress after a 4 year massive spend. I'm taking out a monthly subscription to those plane banner companies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Deep CL run and a title challenge with us finishing top 2 is the bare bare minimum.

My expectations were top 4 and a cup win going into the window like others have said in this thread however with the spending we’re about to do, I expect the above now.

CL is very important, we have to get to at least the QF’s/Semis with the state Europe is in. Only teams to worry about in the competition are City and Real Madrid, the rest are beatable imo.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom