• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackburn Match Ratings

ricky1985

Established Member
I agree Outlaw. I was watching Adebayor last night thinking "thank goodness he's gone!". He just doesn't get passing football at all, there are some things he is very good at, possibly even world class at (ie, few players in the world can do it better), but he is completely not suited to us or the game we aspire to play. Robin is almost pefect.

A

Anonymous

it's not about RVP, it's not about Ade, the purest main reason for what we are seeing now, is that the system suits the types of players we have. It didn't last season.

otfgoon

Established Member
Jani the gooner said:
it's not about RVP, it's not about Ade, the purest main reason for what we are seeing now, is that the system suits the types of players we have. It didn't last season.

Surely that means it is about RvP and Ade? i.e our style and system didn't suit the latter at all while it does the former?

Timleaf

Established Member
raphael_as said:
In fact Torres has actually started more EPL games (57 vs 44) and games in general (79 vs 63) in the last 2+ years then RvP.

Yes, Torres has started a few more games in the last couple of years but he's also heavily (twice as many league goals & more than double in other competitions) outscored Van Persie in that time period, so your stats do little to negate my point.

As a player though, I'm just not comfortable saying either is really better than the other, both have their strengths and indeed weaknesses so I think it's a little simplistic to do that.

Agreed(ish). I'm happy with Robin and I think he's a fine player who has the potential to be even better. But whatever differences there may be between the pair in terms of playing style, it cant be denied that Torres has done his particular job to a world class level for a consistant amount of time (i.e score goals over a whole season or more), whereas, for a number of reasons, Van Persie hasn't yet.

qs

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
There is a marked difference in the atmosphere, it was really good to be there for the two games this week, to see the place really start to feel like home. I think the fans are starting to believe in this team again and that makes all the difference.

I agree. The one thing that still annoys me though is the lack of buzz before the game. Its definitely improved once we're playing though. Then again its hard not to get behind the team when they play the way they have at home this season.

Gurgen

Established Member
qs said:
Captain said:
VanPersie is a better player than Torres and was always suited to playing as a point man.

If you put Torres into our team he'd look Henry good.

I very much doubt that, considering his first touch.

I knew RvP would be most effective in the central striker role when I first saw him play there for Holland in Bulgaria a few years back.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom