• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackpool, 21/08/10, ATVO, 3PM GMT

-Shaun-

After getting that Liverpool game out of the way, we can now look forward to the mighty Blackpool.

Surely a win, right?

arsmile

Established Member
so....

we'll have song at CB presumably with kos suspended. will we have denilson back in midfield? will cesc/robin start? cant imagine we'll stick with wilshere. i'd like to see clichy hit with a dropping in favour of gibbs. rosicky deserves to be in for arshavin. i'd also stick with almunia unless someone new comes in before then.

Nela

Established Member
I hope we see a double change on our left side.

Wenger will probably start Gibbs. And Arshavin doesn't deserve to start games until he sorts out his fitness (and attitude). I'd rather see Vela given a chance. Or anyone really. I'm sick of Arshavin's laziness.

mo50

Established Member
I hope Djourou is fit so Song gets to play in midfield. Arshavin should be dropped, but the problem is we lack a genuine alternative. Vela doesn't fill me with any confidence. Maybe if we had a player to put Arshavin under pressure, he'd get serious and start producing. As of now he's the uncontested favourite for the wide left spot, and I think he's getting too complacent and comfortable.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
They're on a high after their opener, so I expect a tough task for us.
Especially after our performance today.

I just hope we have signed a new GK, whoever that may be, until then to finally sort that out.
Our left hand side needs to be adressed, probably Gibbs and Vela should start instead of Clichy and Arsh.
Song at the back alongside Verms, Diaby keeping his place in midfield. Nasri too, and Jacky will be dropped for Fabs, who'll hopefully be in Europe again this week.
About Robin, I don't know, I would start him upfront, and would put Chamakh on the right wing.

------A real GK------

Sagna-Song-Verms-Gibbs

--Fabs--Diaby--Nasri--

Chamakh-Robin-Vela/Theo

Prediction:

Arsenal 2
Blackpool 1

Rorz

Established Member
Lots of goals and a clean sheet, please.

I don't care who plays, I think we just need a comforting win after today.

MAK 14

Established Member
Ideally, I'd like Arsène to put this team out:

------------ GK -----------
Sagna - Djourou - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Fabregas - Song - Denilson/Nasri
Walcott - van Persie - Vela

Don't think we'll see that team though, can't seeing Shava being dropped and I think we'll see Chamakh in the side somewhere.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think Djourou's out for a little while, no?

Song's not an option at CB - he's crap, and Blackpool may be newbies, but they'll be on a high after this weekend and we have to take them seriously, not least because we need to kickstart our season.

Wenger has no option now, as far as I can see, but to accelerate his search for the re-enforcements we need.

-Shaun-

I would like to see:

Almunia
Sagna/Song/Vermaelen/Gibbs
Fabregas(c)/Diaby/Rosicky
Walcott/RVP/Nasri

I think Arsène should make a statement to Shavva that he can't just walk into our starting eleven. Strongly think he will start though. Think Theo should get a run-out, he always seems to play well against the lower teams at home. After Clichy's disappointing performance against Liverpool I wouldn't mind Gibbs starting next Saturday as well.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't see how Wenger can get around signing a new player - Song's not really an option any more than Nordveit.

MAK 14

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I thought it was just for today's game? I could very well be wrong.

If he is, Arsène needs to find a CB before Saturday. Song simply shouldn't be played there.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
MAK 14 said:
asajoseph said:
I thought it was just for today's game? I could very well be wrong.

If he is, Arsène needs to find a CB before Saturday. Song simply shouldn't be played there.

Djourou is a "more than short term absentee" according to the match preview for today's game.

Raider

Established Member
Predicting a 3-0 win.

Fabregas will be back, we're at home, and we should dominate the whole game from start to finish.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Schwarzer
Sagna Dj Verms Clichy/Gibbs
Song
Nasri Diaby

RVP Chamack Shava

Match Prediction: One of Arsenal 5-0 Blackpool or Arsenal 0-1 Blackpool.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom