• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Blackpool, 21/08/10, ATVO, 3PM GMT

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Djourou shouldn't be considered a genuine first team option at this stage. He should be back competing with the likes of Bartley and Nordtveit for the last squad place. It's a shame because I like the lad and thought he looked very promising a few seasons ago. Currently he's just not up to the task though. He had a horrid preseason and on the top of it he got another lengthy injury. He can't be trusted to perform and he can't be trusted to stay healthy. Since the transfer window is still open we should make sure that we don't have to rely on him at all anymore.

Lord Dula

Established Member
-----------don't care anymore
eboue----sagna---verm---clichy

wilshere----cesc--denilson--gibbs

-----------rvp-------chamakh

asajoseph

Established Member
Sagna's weak, quiet, and has never played at CB before.

There is no way he should be there next week.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm quite aware we need another center back. I put Sagna in the middle as their's a high chance we won't have signed one in time for the game. We should get by with Bac in the center as long as it's for only ONE game.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I liked Djourou too, impressed me at times during a couple of games in 2008/09 (my memory of his performances during 2005/06 has escaped).

However, as we all know, we simply cannot afford to rely on him, fitness-wise.
We don't need someone who assures that our Physio's/Doctors are busy all the time.

Yeah, two CBs and a GK are desperately needed.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Fullbacks who can play football, please. I don't care how much of a 'liability' Eboue is (I think he's a decent defender):

-------Eboue-------Song-------Vermaelen-------Gibbs

---------------Diaby-----------Nasri

-----------------------Rosicky

-------Chamakh--------van Persie-------Vela

otfgoon

Established Member
--------------- New Keeper

Eboue---New CB---Vermaelen---Gibbs

----------------Cesc---Song

--------------------Nasri

Chamakh----van Persie----Arshavin

Please.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Get an early goal and we'll trash them, otherwise we'll probably struggle. Should be quite a few changes from today's lineup, apart from the returning players and hopefully a new CB I wouldn't be surprised if Gibbs and Eboue are given starts at fullback. They'd deserve it to be honest, especially the former.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
If Cesc's available next week then I'd swap Diaby for him. I'd prefer Rosicky over Nasri in the middle - at least he can see a pass and has an inkling of urgency.

nazo

Established Member
Can we count on getting a new cb by then? I don't think so.

whoever
Eboue/Sagna-Sagna/Song-TV-Clichy
------Song/Diaby/Denilson-------
------Cesc------Nasri-----------
---Chamakh-Robin-Vela/Gibbs-----

Either that or go 4-4-2

-------Cesc-Song-----
Nasri-----------whoever
----Chamakh-Robin----

We have to overpower them offensively and go for a few goals. We're going to concede a goal here or there.

Nela

Established Member
Really dissapointed we won't get to see more of Koscielny in this game. Obviously we're short on CBs, but from what I've seen so far I'm really just curious to see more of him. Looking good so far.

Czar

Yeah, it is damn annoying that he got red card. It would have been fun to watch him some more. Surely Wenger and the club will seriously try to hurry up with the new Cb?

Feels like we could use him right now, whoever he will turn out to be.

I love to see Nasri,Cesc and song in the trio midfield. Samir looked real comfortable in the central midfield. And let walcott or Van persie play out on the right wing side. Let our russian rest so why not give Vela or Rosicky a start.

Surely.. we should win this game? I am bit worried cause we looked bit off. Hopefully a week of training will give us more sharpness and edge to our game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kos will be out this game thats mean we will see song or nord in defense or a new defender

its sure fabregas and van persie play this game

its time to give arshavin a rest and give vela chance to make arshavin learn

3-0 for the arsenal

ricky1985

Established Member
I want the Spanish ***** dropped or shot. Either one is good. Szczesny or a new 'keeper.

Eboue for Sagna.

A new centreback. Surely he'll sort it now?

Vermaelen.

Gibbs for Clichy.

Song!

Fabregas

Nasri

Walcott

Vela

van Persie

4-3-3! None of this two holding midfielders rubbish, please Arsène.

We'd win about 14-0.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Agreed. Why has he changed the formation that tore up our opposition for the first few games of last season??

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom