• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers -EPL- Wed 20th Jan 2010 - 19:45

progman07

Established Member
Re: EPL - Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers - Wed 6th Jan 2010 -19:45

By the way, how perfect Vela's cross was? Eduardo didn't even need to move. That's the kind of cross I like to see whipped in, not some random hit towards the box.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

I think we should comfortably win this although Cesc and Song will not play.

Our guys should be careful on set pieces and our CB should also keep a close eye on Klasnic who seems to have rediscovered his pre kidney-transplant form. He is very mobile and has a powerful shot in him.

It should also be interesting to see Muamba (another ex-Gunner) and how he copes with Ramsey and Diaby.

Considering our home form and the confidence boost from our last 4 games, I am confident we will win this one.

My bet would be 4:1 for us.
Arshavin, Eduardo x2, Diaby

banduan

Established Member

ONE SOOONG
WISH WE HAD TWO SONGS
WISH WE HAD TWO SONGS
WISH WE HAD TWO SONGS

Wenger14

Established Member

Were they singing that at the game today?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

banduan said:
nah, was just me

You're odd.

Anyway, this is a nothing game.

We're going to win this comfortably as Bolton are purely sh*t away from home.

Wokich

These are the games we managed to blow last year though.

ON the other hand, the dancing milk-man is about as effective as Zak Knight . . .

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Wokich said:
These are the games we managed to blow last year though

Well, we managed to **** bolton 1-0 at home and 1-3 away.

Wokich said:
ON the other hand, the dancing milk-man is about as effective as Zak Knight . . .

The milk-man is going to replace Gunnersaurus next season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I agree with the comments surrounding our first game without Song. Massive test for us losing a player who makes his presence felt in midfield and evidently this has boosted the players around him.

Second point to consider is a Bolton, who if they land Coyle, which will come to the Emirates in high spirits and keen to impress. Added to this is a coach who will be confident in playing us because his Burnley dominated us. So complacency and thoughts of invincibility at home (which to be fair I havent seen much this season) must be far out of our minds. This will be a hard game which will open up with a goal.

Im quietly confident about this one, because we have a side which is built on momentum.. currently on a good run. The idea of being one point behind a weakened Chelsea, the thought of reinforcements on its way and of course the form of Diaby and Ramsey.

I think keeping Almunia in goals is important.. we need to maintain the "if it aint broke dont fix it" thought throughout the side. Hoping Denilson makes it for this one.. because I dont want to see Diaby in any primary defensive role whatsoever!

--------------------Almunia
Sagna---Vermaelen---Gallas--Traore
--------------------Denilson
-----------------Diaby---Ramsey
-----------Nasri----Eduardo--Arshavin

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Just stop Klasnic.

He is a pain in the ass.

Wokich

bojed said:
Wokich said:

I just meant that the ones that were supposed to be easy ended up getting away from us.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Wokich said:
bojed said:
Wokich said:

I just meant that the ones that were supposed to be easy ended up getting away from us.

True enough.

GaelForce22

Established Member

I can't believe anyone could be worried about this game. I'd be surprised if we scored less than 4.

Arsegum

To be honest, we worry about every game nowadays. Gone are the days where everybody says, '4-0, Henry hatrick in the 1st 15 mins. '

I worry slightly about this game too. Without Song we really looked like a rather disjointed team at times. I think the key lies with whether Denilson makes it, if he does I think we'll win this with a respectable scoreline. If not, we might have a struggle because I think Bolton has some good players such as Klasnic and that Korean guy who I forgot his name. It is definitely not easy but I think we should still win regardless considering our home form. Fingers crossed.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

Kevin Davies is always a handful, and Ricardo Gardner is one hell of tricky customer. And Matthew Taylor is a pretty good set-piece taker.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Arsegum said:
To be honest, we worry about every game nowadays. Gone are the days where everybody says, '4-0, Henry hatrick in the 1st 15 mins. '
I dunno, are they? We've scored 74 goals so far across all competitions and we're only half-way through the season.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

Arsegum said:
Gone are the days where everybody says, '4-0, Henry hatrick in the 1st 15 mins. '
That's true. Although it's probably because there are very few people who think that Henry still plays for us.

Burnwinter

Established Member

Aside from which we've hardly scored inside the first quarter hour all season as far as I can recall.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Not that it really matters when a goal is scored, but we've scored 24 of our 51 league goals in the first half and 27 in the second half this season. It's not like we're leaving it up until the last minute. In fact, no other club in the league has scored more goals in the first half than we have.

Arsegum

@RB & Klaus, I know we are scoring goals and winning games for the majority but what I meant is we never really blow away our opponents since our day 1 destruction of Everton. We always win games the HARD way.

We are always slow in building up our authority and pressure, usually by 2 means, either as the match progresses (we usually impose ourselves a lot more in the 2nd half) or just after we have conceded a goal. This is a very annoying and dangerous habit to have because it allows the opponents time to settle in the match and makes it difficult for ourselves.

Sometimes when you see United or Chelsea go 2 up very quickly in the 1st 15 mins and cruise throughout the match it is very frustrating to be biting your nails and watch our lot stroll for the 1st 45 mins.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom