• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Boro is called off

jc8gooner

It has been called off because the safety of the fans could not be guaranteed according to the ref, Dermot Gallagher. It has been rescheduled for next Tuesday at 8pm.

gooner4eva

This could be good. Our squad was a bit stretched. Next week we might be able to field a better team, especially up front. I am sure Bergkamp will drive to Boro next week. He would have had enough time to recuperate from his injury. Him and Bentley up front would be too much for Boro.
On the other hand, Boro would also have their two full backs fit again.
Gets all exciting !!

Andrew

It also gives the possibility of Reyes playing. Could be handy experience for him to adjust to English football.

Feis-al

Actually, Reyes should feature in this match since he won't be playing on Sunday, You never no what runs in the Bossis mind.

SydneyGunnerFan

jeez the game is off feeling sorry to everyone who bought tickets to go to the match will they get money back or use those same tickets for when they play the game

Adam

Established Member
A game on Sunday then one on Tuesday is not ideal. Vieira might not play in the second leg now.

Reyes playing is perhaps a very big bonus.

KingReyes

Established Member
Vieira is suspended for Citeh!! There is still a chance he'll play! And Reyes too!! Poor Boro I say!

lewdikris

Established Member
Maybe he'll start alongside Bentley? Now that could be VERY exciting!

Dunno if we'll risk Dennis - if he has to drive in this weather he won't play, simple as that. Arsenal are gonna fly up there - maybe Reyes will be on the plane!

See you later Boro!

KoLo28

F*CKEN HELL!!! was looking forward too getting up and watching it... god damn northern hemisphere

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
It's due to the area the ground is in. Anyone thats been there knows that you have to go through a very tight underpass to get out and I can imagine it would be quite dodgy. The pitch is apparently perfectly playable.

va_va_voom

Yeah, they had a tent on it overnight to stop it freezing.

Doesw this mean that Vieria is npw available for the MAn City game, and not the second leg?? How does it work, are suspensions decided by games missed or by dates????

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I suspect this is good for Boro as Southgate and Ehiogu will probably be fit for next week. I can't see Reyes playing though.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Looking at the weather right now in Newcastle (assuming its not much diferent in smogland) it looks like a terrible decision. It's hardly snowed at all today and they could have easily salted the surrounding areas. And I've got bugger all to do tonight now!

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom