• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Burnley - FA Cup

• Thread starter qs
  • Start date
  • Replies 583
  • Views 25,495

qs

Established Member
150px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
VS
175px-Burnley_crest.png

Arsenal v Burnley
FA Cup 5th Round
Sunday 8th March 2009
Emirates Stadium
Kick Off 1.30pm
Live on Setanta TV

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would go with:

----------Fabianski

Eboue-Djorou-Gallas-Gibbs

Walcott-Denilson-Diaby-Vela

----Bendtner-van Persie

If Eduardo is fit then I would start him instead of Bendtner.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Viking said:
I wonder if we'll see Arshavin again? He should tear them a new one.
I think we will. Assuming he doesn't develop a niggle of some sort, he's obviously not going to be fatigued for the CL game if he plays this one.

Wenger pushed him through the lung-barrier today and that's the only way to get that fitness up there.

qs

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Viking said:
I think we will. Assuming he doesn't develop a niggle of some sort, he's obviously not going to be fatigued for the CL game if he plays this one.

Wenger pushed him through the lung-barrier today and that's the only way to get that fitness up there.

Yeah theres a much bigger gap between today and Sunday than Satuday and today too.

I'll be at this match and its my first game since we got Arshavin so I'm really hoping he plays.

Alfonso

Established Member
I might be going to this. Cant believe they are advertising tickets in the bloody london light newspaper! :lol:

Arshavin has to play surely! He needs to get his match fitness up. He wont be playing the following mid-week anyway.

A chance to put our recent Emirates woes to an end. Ahead of the Blackburn game we need to be psychologically ready. And I hope this game cancels out all the issues we have had at the stadium with goalless games and booing fans.

progman07

Established Member
Fabianski

Eboue Djourou Gallas Gibbs

Theo Denilson Diaby Arshavin

Eduardo RvP

If Theo and Eduardo return... not that this lineup will happen, but it would be nice.

edit: Just noticed GoonerGurjit posted almost the same lineup. I guess Theo will have minutes from the bench and Eduardo may be fit so he could start. Arshavin may get a rest, but then he will get it while we go to Roma, so why not put him in?

Viking

AnthonyG said:
Viking said:

You're probably right. If he plays the full 90 minutes on saturday, a weeks rest should be enough.

Nela

Established Member
Looking forward to this game.

Denilson could use a rest, but I really don't want to see Song in midfield and I don't think Ramsey is ready.

I hope Gibbs gets another chance at LB.

Nasri looked like he got a knock and he could use a rest anyway, so I wonder if Wenger could throw in Merida? He'll probably go with Vela, but I think Vela's been a bit dissapointing in the last few games, so it might be interesting to see what Merida can do.

Zico

Established Member
I would send out this exact same line-up that won today and then bring in our returning players as substitutes. We would adjust defense as required based on the health of Toure-Gallas. One of the things that has hurts us this year is that we have hardly had the chance to field similar starting line-ups from game to game and that has killed players' ability to build partnerships. I want another 3 goals. We need to start building some momentum now.

qs

Established Member
I was thinking about Merida for the game too and the way he featured for a few minutes tonight. I think theres a definite possiblity but I reckon he'll most likely share the bench with someone like Nasri and then if we struggling Nasri will come on and if we're winning by a couple Merida might get half an hour or so.

qs

Established Member
quincy42 said:
I would send out this exact same line-up that won today and then bring in our returning players as substitutes. We would adjust defense as required based on the health of Touré-Gallas. One of the things that has hurts us this year is that we have hardly had the chance to field similar starting line-ups from game to game and that has killed players' ability to build partnerships. I want another 3 goals. We need to start building some momentum now.

I'd go with that but I'd just drop Nasri out for Vela. I think Nasri is the tiredest looking player in the team.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom