• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Burnley - FA Cup

• Thread starter qs
  • Start date
  • Replies 583
  • Views 25,586

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I'd go with

Fabianski

Eboue Gallas Djourou Gibbs
Arshavin Diaby Ramsey Merida
RVP Bendtner

I really would want to try and rest as much players as possible...

Feet

Lord Dula said:
I'd rest Sagna, Arshavin and Nasri for this one.

I can understand Nasri and Sagna, they've both given everythng recently and look knackered - but I can't understand why you'd rest Arsharvin. To me he needs games to get match fit and he's not going to play at Roma so he'll get his rest then anyway.

Al
Eboue Djourou Toure Gibbs
Arsharvin Denilson Ramsey Vela
Bendtner RvP

Maybe swap Ramsey for Diaby in the second half.

Anzac

Established Member
Play AA - no point saving him for the CL........also play Vela & Bendtner up front.

Are any of our injured players back as yet?
If so bring them on as subs for 20 mins.

TomasCR

Established Member
No way Arshavin is going to get a rest. He needs to get some games to be useful for the rest of the season. Not that he hasn´t been useful so far, but he can be even more as soon as he will be physically there. After this game, he will have another week to work hard and that should be enough.

It´s actually interesting to watch all the line-ups when every of them is differrent. Finally, for the first time, we have something to chose from. I´m getting excited.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
kamikaze80 said:
our crest does indeed suck ass. it's awful.
I think our crest is the most beautiful in the world. My room is full of it

sam961gunners

-------------Almunia-----------
--Sagna-Djourou-Gallas-Gibbs--
-Walcott-Denilson-Diaby-Arshavin-
---------Bendtner-Eduardo---------

Nasri could do with a rest, Walcott and Eduardo should come off after an hour, if we have a decent lead Denilson aswell.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Would like to see Denilson Nasri and Clichy rested. And eh would love to see Eboue 'rested' too.

After that I'd hope we'd pick as strong a line up as we could

Proof

Established Member
Considering that Eduardo and Walcott will be back, I would go with this. Hopefully, Nasri will be rested for this one.

------------- Fabiasnki ---------------
--- Eboue --- Djourou --- Gallas --- Gibbs ---
--- Walcott --- Denilson --- Diaby --- Arshavin ---
------------- Bendtner ---- Eduardo --------------

Feet

If they are back I'd use Walcott and Eduardo as second half subs only, assuming we were leading.

AFCG7

Established Member
If it were up to me i would play a strong lineup from the start and try to put the tie away , before making subs later.

progman07

Established Member
hesham said:
Think AW will blood some youngsters in this one

Fabianski
Eboue - Gallas - Djourou - Gibbs
Theo*/Wilshere - Rambo - Song - Arshavin
Edu*/RvP - Vela

*If Fit

Hopefully we will wrap this one up in the 1st half.
No way. We are going for the FA Cup, I seriously doubt Wilshere, Ramsey will start.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Theo will never start even if he is "back".. he has been out for too long to be thrown straight back into a starting spot.. Eddy is a bit different because he has started a game (last round) and scored 2 goals, and has only been out for a couple weeks (keeping the year layoff out of the picture for now).... Same thing will happen for Cesc & Rozza.. they will come back with a sub appearance or 2 until they get themselves into game shape...

i wouldnt mind Theo against Burnley if he was ready, but i dont think he is yet...

nazo

Established Member
Robin will play for at least 60 minutes. Why would he be rested in the first place? I'm hoping Edu, Ade and Theo are atleast on the bench. 1 of the 3 should start (Eduardo imo). Arshavin should start too, he'll have a week rest after this game.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Robin - yes
Eduardo, if fit - yes
Arshavin - yes

if Ade or Theo can make it to the bench, then they get cameos.. although, Ade could get a start if he's healthy so we can get him back to some kind of sharpness for the upcoming Prem & CL games

qs

Established Member
Imagine having

Robin - Arshavin - Theo
--------Eduardo -------

for this game. Mmmmmm...goals.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom