• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Burnley - FA Cup

• Thread starter qs
  • Start date
  • Replies 583
  • Views 25,493

Anzac

Established Member
True Gooner said:
The offside calls reduced even with Adebayor in the line up, infact AnthonyG and I both noticed this and we commented on how Adebayor seemed to push defenders back less and as a result stopped making runs altogether (late Nov-Dec).

Yep - Ade seemed to start looking to play the 2nd striker role even with RVP or Bendtner in the team. At one stage he was dropping into the midfield on top of them & we had no one up front. In another match with Bendtner it looked as if they had reversed roles - Ade came deep & chased the ball while Nik ended up staying around the area. It didn't start that way & I don't think it was by design, just that the strikers were being starved of the ball & Ade went looking for it & has done since.

the dawn raids

Established Member
i dont know if its been mentioned or not, but special mention to Gallas for the through ball he played to Song for Eboues goal. sublime pass overshadowed by the overabundance of brilliance we were lucky enough to witness today.

Mr Wolf

I'm particularly glad for Ebouè, he had received too much critics, too often forgetting that he's a good right back (that has substituted with success the right back of the Invincibles), obliged to play as a right midfielder.
He may not be a phenomenon as a player but he is a lion on the pitch, with a great committment to the colours.
Fair play to him.

qs

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Also, I was in the upper West, 20th row, half-way line. There was one empty seat to my right, and 3 to my left. There was also a string of 4 empty seats behind me.

Maybe I smell or something...

The couple to my left brought a picnic, which they consumed gradually through the first half, whilst the group to my right (2 middle aged men, and one bored looking woman) didn't get back to their seats until 10 minutes into the second half. Not one of the ****ers uttered a word all game.

The atmosphere was all behind me, really.

Loads of empty seats around us too. I was in 19th row in the very corner of the orange quad. Lost of empty seats there. Atmosphere wasn't too bad though cos the guys behind us sang quite alot and when we joined in so did the people next to us.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom