• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Burnley - FA Cup

• Thread starter qs
  • Start date
  • Replies 583
  • Views 25,495

ibby

Established Member
progman07 said:
ibby said:
Oh f****g hell. Like I said, if you want to be "proud" and bust a nut over our "magnificent" and "amazing" victory over a mid-table Championship team then be my guest. It's just stupid.
It's not red and black like your avatar is. I don't either love something or hate. Don't exaggerate, we are only happy, nobody thinks we have beaten Barcelona in the CL. Still, it was a good win, and as an Arsenal fan I don't have anything better to do than being happy. Better than being sad and depressed. :wink:

:lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member
"When you look at the goalscorers they move in the box while everyone else is standing and watching – he has that. Those people always score goals.”

I was thinking this against Cardiff. Sometimes when the ball goes in the box everyone seems to be on slow mo relative to Eduardo.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
It is nice to have something to be happy about, well done lads now try to win the rest of the seasons games including the both cups........:D

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Even though it was only Burnley, I may owe Mr Song an apology. Still, I'm not overly excited that his best work was in an attacking vain. I hope he doesn't go getting ideas about his role in the side...

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
ibby said:
Oh f****g hell. Like I said, if you want to be "proud" and bust a nut over our "magnificent" and "amazing" victory over a mid-table Championship team then be my guest. It's just stupid.

FFS let people enjoy the win. It's not like this season's been a laugh a minute.

asajoseph

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
"When you look at the goalscorers they move in the box while everyone else is standing and watching – he has that. Those people always score goals.”

I was thinking this against Cardiff. Sometimes when the ball goes in the box everyone seems to be on slow mo relative to Eduardo.

Yup.

You can see that he knows where to be to score goals - against Cardiff, you could always see him looking for that second ball as well, just in case there was any kock-down or deflection that he could snaffle up. Incredibly valuable skill that one.

asajoseph

Established Member
Anyway, I felt much better at the game today than I have at the Emirates for a while. I missed the Sunderland and West Ham draws, but the atmosphere at the Fulham game was frankly nasty.

Today, though it was only Burnley, it made such a difference to get the first half goal, as up until that point it felt like the frustration was already building. The weather was horrible, especially for those at the front of the lower tier, but the players didn't seem too badly affected by it, and after a very shakey start, where Diaby and Song both looked like they were getting bypassed in midfield, we managed to exert some control, and it certainly felt like there was a bit of a release when Vela scored.

Considering how crap the attendance was (huge areas of empty seats, and quite a lot of obvious 'tourists'), the area I was in actually had a pretty decent atmostphere, which was nice.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Anyway, I felt much better at the game today than I have at the Emirates for a while. I missed the Sunderland and West Ham draws, but the atmosphere at the Fulham game was frankly nasty.

Today, though it was only Burnley, it made such a difference to get the first half goal, as up until that point it felt like the frustration was already building. The weather was horrible, especially for those at the front of the lower tier, but the players didn't seem too badly affected by it, and after a very shakey start, where Diaby and Song both looked like they were getting bypassed in midfield, we managed to exert some control, and it certainly felt like there was a bit of a release when Vela scored.

Considering how crap the attendance was (huge areas of empty seats, and quite a lot of obvious 'tourists'), the area I was in actually had a pretty decent atmostphere, which was nice.

That pisses me off, but £46 seats is asking for it. That's simply too much to ask of people in a recession. Anyway, that's good to hear the atmosphere was decent - obviously the earliesh goal was the main contributing factor, but I think the Villa slip-up has left gooners in a slightly more upbeat frame of mind.

nazo

Established Member
Song actually passed forward! Maybe he should try more of that instead of the stupid back passes or sideway passes.

Great goal by Eduardo btw

It was a professional performance and nicely done before the game against Roma

asajoseph

Established Member
£46 is expensive, but although it's Burnley, it's still the 5th round of the FA cup.

What I find more annoying, to be honest, are the people who don't bother going because it's 'only Burnley' - to me, on top of the merit of the competition itself, if nothing else it's a chance to probably see some of our players score some goals, and we all know that's been a rare pleasure lately!

One major contributing factor I think is that the club allowed season-ticket holders to opt-out of this one, which every season ticket holder I know promptly did - which would have meant more tickets to sell to reds and silvers than normal.

taylor314gh

the announcer on FSC (which is a live sky feed) said the stadium was sold out, but there were noticeable areas of empty seats. You think the weather had anything to do with it?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yeah, I opted out of this game, but the amount of empty seats at the start of the second half was a ****ing disgrace. Do these people come to support the team or to stuff their faces with overpriced hotdogs? Wankers.

asajoseph

Established Member
No - it didn't start pissing it down until almost half an hour in, so I don't think it was the weather.

People cleared out the front of the lower tier well before half time though, because of the rain.

There was also a very large area of totally unsold seats in the south upper - it DEFINITELY wasn't a sell-out. I believe there were tickets on general sale this morning.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
asajoseph said:
£46 is expensive, but although it's Burnley, it's still the 5th round of the FA cup.

What I find more annoying, to be honest, are the people who don't bother going because it's 'only Burnley' - to me, on top of the merit of the competition itself, if nothing else it's a chance to probably see some of our players score some goals, and we all know that's been a rare pleasure lately!

One major contributing factor I think is that the club allowed season-ticket holders to opt-out of this one, which every season ticket holder I know promptly did - which would have meant more tickets to sell to reds and silvers than normal.

I don't understand why you'd opt out if you have a season ticket!? Do you still have to pay per game or something? Most Arsenal fans I know would consider watching the team in the FA Cup a real privilege. Ah well...

asajoseph

Established Member
Also, I was in the upper West, 20th row, half-way line. There was one empty seat to my right, and 3 to my left. There was also a string of 4 empty seats behind me.

Maybe I smell or something...

The couple to my left brought a picnic, which they consumed gradually through the first half, whilst the group to my right (2 middle aged men, and one bored looking woman) didn't get back to their seats until 10 minutes into the second half. Not one of the ****ers uttered a word all game.

The atmosphere was all behind me, really.

asajoseph

Established Member
No - you only get a certain amount of cup games automatically, and as we've had a replay against Cardiff already, I think they've now run out.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom