• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Burnley - FA Cup

• Thread starter qs
  • Start date
  • Replies 583
  • Views 25,609

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ibby said:
Do you really think those "amazing attacks" would have worked against half decent opposition or if Burnley turned up on the day?
They did against Roma. The difference was that we didn't have Vela or Eduardo to finish our chances there. We had Bendtner, who fluffed three great chances from less than five yards.

ibby

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
They did against Roma. The difference was that we didn't have Vela or Eduardo to finish our chances there. We had Bendtner, who fluffed three great chances from less than five yards.

The Burnley that showed up today would have given Roma a game that day. De Rossi plus their defence were laughable.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ibby said:
Klaus Daimler said:

The Burnley that showed up today would have given Roma a game that day. De Rossi plus their defence were laughable.
Yeah. Totti too.

Which doesn't change the fact that they are more than a "half decent" side, though. It was clear that their mind wasn't into it but we made them look like **** in that game.

ricky1985

Established Member
ibby said:
Klaus Daimler said:

So have we ever beaten a team because we were good or is it always the opposition that are crap?

otfgoon

Established Member
Good stuff all around today after a dodgy first 15 mins, good to see we're able to win comfortably again without much effort, albeit against Burnley. All 3 goals were top class, and two top class assists from Song and the finishes in the first 2 were sublime (not that Eboues wasnt good).

Arshavin is just so good, in thought and excecution. The thought of him playing with the likes of Robin, Eduardo and Walcott, Cesc and maybe even Tomas when they're all fully fit has my mouth watering.

And I don't want to end on a bad note, but the fans today were awful. There were some who arrived 10mins late then left their seats 12mins before half time (and 10 mins late coming back) to stuff their faces I suspect, either that or they were terrified of rain. I calculated the guy infront of me missed around 40 mins of the game today, why bother going?

@ibby, do you actually have a point or are you just a wet blanket?

progman07

Established Member
arsenalmain_516x350_30152a.jpg

What a finish... a volley, too. :D

ricky1985

Established Member
I think that has to go down as the most amazing goal I have ever seen. It's ridiculously good. Genial even.

True Gooner

Established Member
The weather today was awful, so don't judge our crossing and corners too harshly. At any rate, in the second half we reduced the number of crosses significantly and tried more over the top passes.

Disappointed to see so many empty seats though, attendance was around 57,000 which was a shame

Ibby, do stfu - go find a nice, dark corner for yourself and leave those who choose to enjoy a good win to themselves

ricky1985

Established Member
That's a bit harsh TG. Ibby's just saying what he thinks, right or wrong, no need to be like that mate.

ibby

Established Member
True Gooner said:
The weather today was awful, so don't judge our crossing and corners too harshly. At any rate, in the second half we reduced the number of crosses significantly and tried more over the top passes.

Disappointed to see so many empty seats though, attendance was around 57,000 which was a shame

Ibby, do stfu - go find a nice, dark corner for yourself and leave those who choose to enjoy a good win to themselves

I guess this is what 4 years without a trophy does to you. If you think a procedural 3-0 win against a mid-table Championship side is one to boast about then go for it.

Illusion

Established Member
Yet again we show our quality against a team trying to play football against us. It's no wonder the wiley Premier League managers seek to do nothing but stifle our play and hope to get lucky.

We are very hard to stop when there is space to play in and the likes of Sunderland and Stoke rarely give us that space.

Unfortunately it's far too easy to stop us, all you have to do is refuse to tackle us until the final third and put most of your men behind the ball with a view towards letting us play infront of you. Do this successfully and you'll stop us scoring almost completely and you might even nick a result if you're lucky.

Until we have an answer for this tactic which is often used against us then we are not going to be able to win the league.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Who is boasting?

People are just saying that certain players played well, the goals were very good and we enjoyed Theo and Eduardo back in the side. No-one is going overboard, stop trying to start an argument.

ibby

Established Member
True Gooner said:
So whose boasting? I said, leave those of us who want to enjoy a win alone.

Program07 said:
Why the negativity on the forum? People need to appreciate to stunning performances more. We had some amazing goals, amazing attacks, Eduardo and Theo returned in form, Arshavin continued to show why he is world class, Song - for all his misplaced passes and clumsiness - gave two magnificent assists Xavi would have been proud of, Eboue finally scored after a lively peformance, Gibbs had a great game, we didn't concede, nobody got injured, we are in contention for the FA trophy while having rested players.

Like I said, against a mid-table Championship team. Put it into perspective.

True Gooner

Established Member
Why do you give a massive ****? Gaelforce is right, you're just trying to start arguements - as always.

End.

progman07

Established Member
ibby said:
True Gooner said:
So whose boasting? I said, leave those of us who want to enjoy a win alone.

Progman07 said:
Why the negativity on the forum? People need to appreciate to stunning performances more. We had some amazing goals, amazing attacks, Eduardo and Theo returned in form, Arshavin continued to show why he is world class, Song - for all his misplaced passes and clumsiness - gave two magnificent assists Xavi would have been proud of, Eboue finally scored after a lively peformance, Gibbs had a great game, we didn't concede, nobody got injured, we are in contention for the FA trophy while having rested players.

Like I said, against a mid-table Championship team. Put it into perspective.
When Messi scored that goal against Getafe nobody cried about the **** defenders. Class is there, with or without Burnley.

ibby

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Why do you give a massive s**t? Gaelforce is right, you're just trying to start arguements - as always.

End.
You know I'm right, clearly people are going over-board and I provided you with an example.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom