• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Cardiff [FA Cup; Monday 16 Feb 19:45 :Setanta]

General

Established Member
-----------Fabianski

Sagna----Toure---Djourou------Gibbs

Nasri-------Song----Ramsey------Jack

---------Bendtner-----Vela

Must get out of the blocks quickly and try to win the game early.

Classy_Gunner

Re: Arsenal v Cardiff [FA Cup;Tues 2 Feb; 19:45;Setanta Sports]

I think Cardiff might defend for this one and wait until penalties where there luck may strike. I want to see Jack .We havent really seen him in the first team for a long time .Its at the Emirates so he should feel comfortable. Ramsey was a little nervous at Ninian park so i want him to relax and on winning the game for us .We need to striker early to settle us down and move on patiently to then finish the game off .But knowing that we are at home we should be able to get past a Championship side rather simply and get us into the 5th round where the hard work really seems to begin.

DOUBLE-YOU

General said:
-----------Fabianski

Sagna----Touré---Djourou------Gibbs

and that's the side you think will do this? this is not the carling cup general.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

that's not a bad team to put out TBH... i think we could do Cardiff at home with that team

Zico

Established Member

We need to put out the best possible team. I would rest Ade because he seems temporarily out of it, and Denilson because he is permanently out of it. Otherwise, I want a full-strength team.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Since Diaby is suspended against Sp**s he should play tomorrow if he's not injured. Denilson and Clichy should be given a bit of rest. Would like to rest Sagna as well since he's been playing so much.

-----------Fabianski

Eboue------Touré------Gallas------Gibbs

Wilshere-------Song-----Diaby-------Nasri

---------Bendtner-----Adebayor

Would hesitate to play Robin at all though. Not even as a sub. He'll be suspended against Sp**s if he picks up a card. We'll beat Cardiff without him anyway.

outlaw_member

Established Member

DOUBLE-YOU said:
General said:
-----------Fabianski

and that's the side you think will do this? this is not the carling cup general.

At Home, that team can certainly win.

DOUBLE-YOU

i think RvP should play and clichy. i really don't trust song and ramsey together in cm, especially if you play jack there too. ithink this would be a reasonable alternative side

fabianski

sagna -- gallas -- djourou -- gibbs

jack -- diaby -- ramsey -- nasri

Van persie -- Adebayor

progman07

Established Member

Isn't Diaby injured?

I'd play:

Fabianski

Sagna Djourou Toure Clichy

Wilshere Ramsey Denilson Nasri

RvP Vela

Ade should be dropped, he usually plays best when he has got a point to prove and when he comes in from the bench.
I'd rather play Ramsey than Song, just because the Song/Denilson midfield lacks so many things, creativity, drive, flair, movement, speed, mobility.

Hopefully Arshavin can be included on the bench to make a sub-appearance.

Rohit

Established Member

I fear we'll see a weaker team for this fixture. We seem to be decimated by injuries. I assume Eboue and Diaby are injured and i think Nasri will be rested as the fixtures stack up and he has been playing the full 90 minutes for a few games now.

Almunia
Sagna Gallas Djourou Clichy
Wilshere Song Ramsey Vela
RvP Bendtner

True Gooner

Established Member

-----------Fabianski---------------

Wilshere-----Song----Ramsey------Nasri(Vela)

---------Bendtner-----RvP(Vela)--------

GaelForce22

Established Member

-----------Fabianski

Sagna---Gallas---Djourou---Clichy

Wilshere---Song---Denilson---Vela

----------Bendtner---Adebayor
*Or more of the 4-3-3 with Ramsey playing at Wilshere's expense.

I hope Nasri and Van Persie are rested for the weekend. Strongest team apart from that though.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

This better not go to Penalties, friend lent me his ticket, and i know its going to be freezing tuesday and thats the last thing that il want to happen.

General

Established Member

It was snowing today and they reckon it will be on Tuesday. Hopefully it's not as cold as at Bolton a few weeks ago. Anyway, we've got those Cardiff muppets for company at block 19. That should keep us warm.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

General said:
It was snowing today and they reckon it will be on Tuesday. Hopefully it's not as cold as at Bolton a few weeks ago. Anyway, we've got those Cardiff muppets for company at block 19. That should keep us warm.

Thats right above me then. Heat rises doesnt it.

ivansen

I'm thinking this will be a tougher test than people may anticipate. I can't see us creating much early on against a resilient and tough Cardiff team. I'm gonna go with a 2-0 win after a goal in the middle of the second half, followed by a second at the end.

Would be good to see some youngsters although this isn't the CC. And Wenger might still prioritize the Sp**s game. So maybe we'll see Jack, Ramsey or Vela.

nazo

Established Member

Robin will most likely play until we score a goal or two.

ivansen

bluenaz said:
Robin will most likely play until we score a goal or two.

Agreed. There wouldn't really be much point in resting him at the weekend if Wenger didn't plan on playing him in the cup.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom