• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea - Nov. 29 Sun - 16:00 GMT

ultradoc

Established Member
Captain said:
Vision isn't what happens or is happening but merely what your brain comprehends to be happening.

you were saying though that arshavin was rubbish right?
inconsequential ? in other words..

giuliob

Captain said:
I'm not getting paid enough for psychology and philosophy lessons too. :p
Little distraction from the football issue, eh?
You actually get paid for psychology and philosophy lessons?
(There's suppose to be a "razz" smiley at the end of the last sentence. It didn't take.

law90026

Established Member
If you really watch the game, you will see that the midfield wasn't the issue.

Cesc, Arshavin, Nasri.. they worked really hard in midfield and it's fair to say they held their own until near the end when they obviously gave up in disgust.

The issues really are:

a) our defence as a team was poor. The contrast between Chelsea and Arsenal last night was night and day. We need to learn to defend like Chelsea;
b) our attack was terrible. Eduardo had a few chances but he just doesn't have pace/confidence anymore. He isn't good enough for the team right now sadly and I hope it's just temporary.

But, more importantly, we didn't have ideas. Chelsea invited us to attack down the flanks because they knew we are at our most ineffective that way, whether we have RvP or not. We have not been that kind of team for years now, not since Ian Wright/Alan Smith imo. Even in the Henry/Pires/Ljunberg years, we didn't score that many with crosses from the flanks.

However, we didn't have the tactical nous to change things around, both on and off the pitch. I'll say this: I don't blame Cesc for that. He can't do anything if there is no movement.

For all our claims that we are an attractive team, we don't really move that well in the final third, especially when the other team is disciplined. Yes, it's a problem most teams face but the problem is that we don't have an alternative. That makes us screwed and the Sunderland and Chelsea game show that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
What do the fans think we will achieve my booing Ashley Cole? He walked off with two matchwinning assists. It never worked with Adebayor either who beat us with a matchwinning goal. It's completely pointless and it runs the risk of motivating the target.

Del Boy

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
What do the fans think we will achieve my booing Ashley Cole? He walked off with two matchwinning assists. It never worked with Adebayor either who beat us with a matchwinning goal. It's completely pointless and it runs the risk of motivating the target.
He has been booed before and played badly. Was always going to happen, we can't start blaming the fans for the teams failings.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Sure we have been bullied before my Chelsea's physical presence but yesterday was definitely not the case. How did their physicality help them get the goals? We played our game and they played their game. Their physically did not matter. We were never going to score using our in-existence physicality. They would have hoped to score using their but they didnt, they scored from our defense not properly marking up.

Back to our crosses. It should have dawned to Sagna...that the only cross that might trouble Chelsea is the hard low ones..across the goal..so the flying Terry can deflect into his own goal...the high crosses were not going to work even with RvP on the pitch.

We tried to create a bit in the middle but Edu was to slow to respond. You dont have to create much in these games to win so its i dont understand when ppl yap about we didnt create much. You wont create much in big games. You just gotta take the ones u do..and they will be very few.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Del Boy said:
outlaw_member said:
He has been booed before and played badly. Was always going to happen, we can't start blaming the fans for the teams failings.

I still think it is counter productive. He walked off with two assists despite being booed, so what did the fans think it would achieve? Nothing evidently.

Del Boy

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Del Boy said:
outlaw_member said:

I still think it is counter productive. He walked off with two assists despite being booed, so what did the fans think it would achieve? Nothing evidently.
I know what you mean, it happened with Bentley as well. I'm sure they are twice as up for Arsenal games though, even without the booing.

ultradoc

Established Member
ultradoc said:
Captain said:
Vision isn't what happens or is happening but merely what your brain comprehends to be happening.

you were saying though that arshavin was rubbish right?
inconsequential ? in other words..

I mean.. well, wrong quote but i just wanted to keep it short. But you seem to be appreciating nasri's hard work here,am I right? But also said elsewhere that arshavin tried but was rubbish, is that right? like cesc.

Well, for me nasri had an ok game, but nothing to really worry for chelsea,nothing to change their organisational play. cesc was totally absent, considering he was the player supposed to be our talisman and the one on form.
Arshavin on the other hand worked his ass off, considering he's the laziest of the lot, he is the first guy who runs to opposition goal during a counter to make himself available, even put edu through,and also fought for the ball in midfield.The only one who was playing to his own level against a monster chelsea side. I didnt get the different yardsticks for these two..
(him against cech-that was funny)

dutchMasta

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,16708_5733925,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 25,00.html</a>

sabret00the

Established Member
Two things, what have we won playing this shoot less style of football? It's got to the point where players like Terry are talking about soaking up the pressure knowing it's toothless and feeding off of our mistakes. Why is that? Because we don't have anyone goal hungry enough. I even said the other day, a perfect Robin would be 20% more goal orientated. That element of the team is missing.

Secondly, I'm seeing a lot of people talk about this game like we were steam-rolled. No we weren't. We matched them in midfield and allowed them to match us in the final third. The difference on the day was the final ball of Cole. For all the players that like to maraud in attack for us, we have far too few that can give final balls of that calibre and that's costing us.

Captain

Established Member
Those two crosses were fairly easy given the defence of them. There was nothing special about either of them and on the contrary we have several players who would deliver similar from that position.

arsenalsocks

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Anyone got a clip of Traore literally bouncing off Drogba? DOnt think i'v LOL harder watching a football match.

It WAS funny, in a sick sort of way.

I half laughed, half cried, watching Rosicky throw a hissy fit and start smacking Mikel's back and trying to push him over by the corner flag.

This has all been so humiliating.

sabret00the

Established Member
Captain said:
Those two crosses were fairly easy given the defence of them. There was nothing special about either of them and on the contrary we have several players who would deliver similar from that position.
I disagree. We make those type of crosses when the furthest colleague forward is on the half way line.

arsenalsocks

Established Member
Seriously, why, why, WHY would anyone cross the ball, when there's only ONE, rather diminutive player in the opponents box, with two defenders and one goalkeeper covering him?!

sabret00the

Established Member
98% of our crosses hit their first defender. It goes to show the gulf in quality for me. Another thing I have a gripe with, is that picture of Drogba's freekick. Only one player jumped, two had their eyes closed, one looked like he was attempting to get into the foetal position. It was sad.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom