• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sunday December 16, 4pm.

Rohit

Established Member
Edit -RC8:

arsenalchelseabr0.png

Sorry for the delay, I'll post the rest of my views on another post later on, but as far as line-ups is concerned, I would love to see us field these 11:

arsenalchelseaformationam2.png

I think this line-up is more like what Wenger will field though:

arsenalchelseaformationyj0.png

I have not seen Nadz and/or RC8 post in a while, so i ll start this thread and they can edit it later if need be. Edit: Done ;)

This is a massive massive fixture for both sides especially considering that Man Utd. travel to Anfield and we will know the result of that game before we kick off against Chelsea. Whether we win the title or not does not hinge on this game but the result will have a major impact on who wins it. we have had an up and down December having won only 2 games of our last 5 in all competitions. Injuries and fatigue from 4 consecutive away games did not help but we should have rolled over those teams even with the team that we put out.

Everyone here will again harp on about whether we will have Fabregas and/or Hleb back to give us creativity. Games like these are more often than not very cagey affairs and generally don't live up to the billing and hype. Everyone talks about how many we will be able to score, because for us 1 goal has never been enough and that is the major concern for me going into this game. These sort of games are not won on who creates more but on who has a more stubborn defence and our defence has looked very shakey to say the least. We have developed a habit of conceeding goals whether that be when we are 3 goals up like against Reading or 2 goals up like against Steaua. I don't remember one game this season irrespective of our start where we have played at the same level of concentration and committment over 90 minutes. I understand the level of pace dipping but we do tend to become lax at some stage of the game.

For me defence is the key, how well we are able to defend as a team will determine what result we get out of this game, them not having Drogba and Essien will be a major handicap for them, although Lampard thinks differently.

Lamps Gunning for Arsenal

Its difficult to make a call on the composition of our team unless we know more from Wenger about the state of our injuries, it would be good to have Fabregas and Hleb back though, that is if they are 100% and their injury has completely healed and there is little threat of it recurring. Wenger has funny ways, make of this what you like:

Wenger: On injuries ahead of Chelsea... said:
He [Van Persie] is ready physically, yes. We have some other players who are injured, like Fabregas, like Hleb, Flamini, and we'll have to assess the situation of these players in the next few days, though I will certainly have to take a gamble on one or two. Can I take a gamble on three or four? That would be a very risky so I'll have to assess the situation in the next three or four days.

I don't understand what he means by taking a gamble, whether it is with respect to playing them, or whether it is with respect to not playing them. I just don't want these players injured again as the fixtures come thick and fast and are tough.

I ll reserve my prediction till i read the news on the injuries, but as i said, it hinges on how we defend in my opinion.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
Gonna be a big, big, big game.
With van Persie back, and possibly Cesc, we could be firing on nearly all cylinders!

Carn the gunners!

1-0

vantoure

I think what he means by gamble is that he will use one or two of the injured.
Me thinks flamini will come in. then if i am to pick of fab or hleb, i'll pick hleb because i think denilson could do a job in the absence of fab but who replaces hleb? no one that i know.

line up
Almunia
sagna kolo gallas clichy
eboue flamini gilberto denilson rosicky
adebayour
451 as a safety first approach because of confidence after first league defeat
But if things go well, then maybe gilberto could come out for Hleb if he is back to play behind ade.

Rohit

Established Member
vantoure said:
451 as a safety first approach because of confidence after first league defeat

The notion that 4-5-1 is a safety first approach and adds defensive stability is a myth.

Gurgen

Established Member
I have a sneaky feeling both Flamini and Hleb will play.

Will be a very hard game imo. If we were in top form I'd expect us to cope with their defending and pressing game, but right now I don't think we have what it takes to win this.

Hope I'm wrong.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I agree, especially considering the noises Arsène has been making make it sound like Hleb is closer to fitness than Cesc anyway.

I can't say I'm too optimistic about this one, although Chelsea without Drogba, Essien and Mourinho aren't the same proposition as we've been used to facing.

Tony Montana

Established Member
kaids said:
I agree, especially considering the noises Arsène has been making make it sound like Hleb is closer to fitness than Cesc anyway.

I can't say I'm too optimistic about this one, although Chelsea without Drogba, Essien and Mourinho aren't the same proposition as we've been used to facing.

I would love to play Chelsea with all those three starting. Obviously i'd like our first team out as well.

mccroix

If Cesc can't play, I hope Denilson plays..I also hope RvP can play at least 60mins.

Something like:

-------------Almunia---------------
Bac-----Kolo-----Will------GC--
---------------------------------------
-----------Den----Flam/Diarra---
--Eboue-------------------Rozza--
------------Rvp------Ade-----------

If Hleb can play throw him in for Eboue...
I would'nt even be surprized if Rozza plays on the right with Diaby on the left..if he's fit enough

Rohit

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
kaids said:

I would love to play Chelsea with all those three starting. Obviously i'd like our first team out as well.

So would i, but as i said previously, i don't want either to start if they aern't 100%, we can still give Chelsea a game. Wenger said he can take a gamble on one or two players, but if its a gamble, i don't want him to take it, its highly risky and can have long term serious consequences for our title challenge considering the kind of games we have coming up. Huge game but not the be all and end all of this season.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Without Hleb and Fabregas

----------------Almunia---------------------

Sagna------Toure--Gallas--------Clichy

Eboue----Rosicky---Flamini----Diaby

--------van Persie----Adebayor--------

With our main men

Sagna------Toure--Gallas--------Clichy

Hleb----Fabregas---Flamini----Rosicky

Like Rohit I will reserve my prediction until official team news is released.

henry79

rednwhitearmy said:
Gonna be a big, big, big game.
With van Persie back, and possibly Cesc, we could be firing on nearly all cylinders!

Carn the gunners!

1-0

Dont think we are going to keep a clean sheet how much do we have this season in the premiership something like 5 in 15 !!!!!! which is very low

I am happy with a 2-1 win

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
sabret00the said:
Out of Cesc and Hleb i'd rather see Hleb back for this match.

Lol, me too.

Why is that? Do we think Hleb is better? :shock:

He's more vital for holding possession in tight places and he can create something out of nothing.

Cesc has more end product though.

I want both of them fit ffs :p

air

Tony Montana said:
sabret00the said:

Lol, me too.

You tell us. I think we've been missing the link between the midfield and attack and Hleb can really run the ball from anywhere to anywhere, draw defenders and play the ball out of that tight spot too. I think we've missed him more than we've missed Fab.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
kaids said:

Ya, Mourinho in goal would be class.

JazzG

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
sabret00the said:

Lol, me too.

I think against Villa we showed we could cope better without Fabregas than Hleb.

ibby

Established Member
I am going for a 0-0.

I don't see Chelsea scoring against us without Drogba. Nor do I see us scoring without Hleb and Fabregas against which could be the best defence in the league.

Rohit

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Without Hleb and Fabregas

Sagna------Touré--Gallas--------Clichy

Eboue----Rosicky---Flamini----Diaby

Why this fetish with Rosicky in central midfield in a 4-4-2, will never happen.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom