• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sunday December 16, 4pm.

beepos

ThaSaltCracka said:
Does anyone think Arsène is BS'ing us about Cesc, Hleb, and Flamini?
I do. For some reason, I think they are fit. Dont know ehy, but I just have that sneaky feeling

j'nuh

ThaSaltCracka said:

Im convinced he used to do it with Henry before United games to pysch them out.

I seem to recall Henry nearly always being doubtful.

sparky44

beepos said:
ThaSaltCracka said:
I do. For some reason, I think they are fit. Dont know ehy, but I just have that sneaky feeling

I think so too. Cesc said he was fit to play newcastle remember? Think he is just being extra-cautious. I think I bust a serious big load if I see hleb, flamini & cesc fit and all back on sunday

RC8

Established Member
As I said, a friend of mine who interviewed Cesc, says that Fabregas thought himself he wouldn't be ready to play against Chelsea. So, either Arsène is really serious about it, or he really is a doubt. My friend also confirmed Robin would be back, so he's reliable.

famous no 10

Established Member
If they're are all fit, I think we'll win, but if both Hleb and Cesc are out, I think we'll lose.
If just one of them is back {hleb or Cesc} I think we'll draw.

Simple really. I think.

sparky44

RC8 said:
As I said, a friend of mine who interviewed Cesc, says that Fabregas thought himself he wouldn't be ready to play against Chelsea. So, either Arsène is really serious about it, or he really is a doubt. My friend also confirmed Robin would be back, so he's reliable.

did he say anything about hleb?

RC8

Established Member
sparky44 said:
RC8 said:

did he say anything about hleb?

Yeah, he said him and Hleb would probably not make it, but that Robin would. So yes, he said Hleb is in a similar situation to himself.

Apparently he was not 100% sure, so who knows. But it's definitely not just Arsène playing games, that's for sure.

AliBabaBrewer

Just looked on a Chelsea forum, and aside from all the hatred for the Diaby-Terry incident in the Carling Cup final last year, and how they dislike Eboue even more than I do, they're actually quite worried about this fixture.

The sound of a Fabregas and Van Persie return have them slightly worried, thinking that a draw would be a good result, with 1 man even saying that he couldn't 'select a starting 11 where [he] feel every player merits a place.'

That said, I also read that they think they might be able to pull off a result as they we 'leak goals' and can be 'physically knocked around a bit'.

I still think even with starting the likes of Diarra and Diaby in the middle, with Walcott on the right, can can pull off a good result!

j'nuh

stuart said:
Ashley Cole is fit right? The thought of Sagna wrecking him his quite delighful

On paddypower.com you can get odds on the first player to foul Cole. Sagnas actually quite good odds at 10-1. Eboue is the favourite at 15-2.

You can also get 500-1 on him scoring and lifting his shirt to reveal an arsenal crest underneath.

Endris

stuart said:

Even if fit, didnt they 'rest' him the last three times they played against us? :lol:

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Can't wait for the knob to play on Sun, I'd really like to see how he handles the crowd. I have a feeling it will affect him despite him saying he is used to it.

lee1001

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
If they're are all fit, I think we'll win, but if both Hleb and Cesc are out, I think we'll lose.

Simple really. I think.

I don't suppose you're a multi-millionaire who made their money by betting on the pools are you?

famous no 10

Established Member
lee1001 said:
famous no 10 said:

Simple really. I think.

I don't suppose you're a multi-millionaire who made their money by betting on the pools are you?

:D

Sadly, no.

mgrealsmooth

I'm convinced it's a giant mindgame too. I remember a few times we'd start against Manure with Henry on the bench, and bring him on when we were 1-0 up as the ultimate joke...

But I honestly think at least one of Hleb or Fabregas will start, and more than likely both will.

go49oner

Established Member
j'nuh said:
stuart said:

On paddypower.com you can get odds on the first player to foul Cole. Sagnas actually quite good odds at 10-1. Eboue is the favourite at 15-2.

You can also get 500-1 on him scoring and lifting his shirt to reveal an arsenal crest underneath.

:lol: only 500/1. I may put fiver on Sanga fouling Ashley 1st.

awooga83

Established Member
ThaSaltCracka said:

I've thought it ever since those guys were out I think Arsène clearly saw this as a massive game and perhaps not having beaten them recently he wanted the best team possible so gave a couple of key players a little break. Probably could include Van Persie but as j'nuh said Thierry always had an injury and looked 90-10 against then it would gradually change and he would be declared fit and everyone would say what a boost etc. Its just trying to give us that last psychological edge before the game. I reckon 2 of the 3 will definatly be back and maybe all 3 depending how important and difficult Wenger feels the game will be.

Plus the fact he is like they are in training but not team training he is being vague not saying they have a problem they can't even train, the fact he hasn't ruled them out means the injuries aren't serious and the fact they are training means they aren't bad enough to stop them playing in my view.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
"not training with the team" to me equals "unless they make a miracle recovery in the next 2 days, they arent going to play"...

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom