• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton Match Ratings

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
10 out of 10 for everyone.

Coming back against Everton with such shoddy officiating is mental strength.

gstew

Szczesny 6
Sagna 7
Koscielny 8
Djourou 7
Clichy 8.5 MOTM Has been phenomenal for the past couple of months
Song 6
Cesc 7
Wilshere 6
Walcott 6
RVP 7
Rosicky 5

Arshavin 8
Diaby 7
Bendtner 7.5

KY

Established Member
Kroket said:
Eboue gets a 10 for the celebration, Lee Mason can **** off.

eboue represented every arsenal fan in the world then when he celebrated with Kos...legally....

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
15/10 for that.
Just amazing.
Not that we won against Everton, but HOW we turned this around and kept it tight at the back.

Great subs, great desire and attitude (meh I sound like Arsène).
Let's keep this run-up.

yuvken

Established Member
All this "Bendtner should be ahead of Chamakh" - well, what more evidence than him playing the entire game 48 hrs ago, while cham played only 45 minutes, and still he was preferred tonight? Good for Nik, less good for us if Chamakh doesn't find his form soon.

Did anyone notice Theo is really becoming less of a nice guy on the pitch? He sometimes looks like he can actually get angry :D . I love it.
Chez reminds of Jens? true. But he's half Jens' age. Our beast.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Szczesny.........6...one good save, usual crap kicking and he chooses the wrong options with his throws. Put Clichy under unnecessary pressure.

Sagna........7....fairly solid.
Djourou.......5.....he's dipped. Saha was killing him. Caught wrong side on a few occasions.
Koscielny....7.5....Saha was killing him first half. Better in the second and a huge goal.
Clichy......7...solid. Has to score late on, that was a piss easy chance but he can't shoot. And tries to turn out of trouble in dangerous spots.

Song......5
Cesc.......6....very quiet but big assist when it looked like we were dying out.
Jack........5....stifled by Everton.
Rosicky.......4....way off the pace.
Diaby........5
Theo......5....awful.

RVP.........6

Bendy.....6
Arshavin......6...great finish.

outlaw_member

Established Member
yuvken said:
All this "Bendtner should be ahead of Chamakh" - well, what more evidence than him playing the entire game 48 hrs ago, while cham played only 45 minutes, and still he was preferred tonight? Good for Nik, less good for us if Chamakh doesn't find his form soon.

Did anyone notice Theo is really becoming less of a nice guy on the pitch? He sometimes looks like he can actually get angry :D . I love it.
Chez reminds of Jens? true. But he's half Jens' age. Our beast.

Bendtner must now definitely be ahead of Chamakh in the pecking order. Like I said the other day, it's amazing how quickly his career at Arsenal has turned on its head. It's good though, as we've got serious competition in the team, and only the best amongst them will prevail.

Dennis10

Proud of the lads today. We don't have those annoying under achievers on the pitch these days! Imagine chasing the win, and Denilson giving away cheap free kicks all the time, or Gallas (despite being a top notch defender) oozing negativity or Adebayor running into offisde positions all night. This was an excellent win, and if we can continue our great away form, we'll be in this race come may!

Szcszeny: 6,5 - Distributed well for the most part, but had one dangerous ball for Clichy. Nothing to do for most of the game.

Sagna: 7 - Not that tidy, but a warrior throughout. Got out of position a few times, but is still very much on form.

Djorou: 6,5 - He looked a little spooked today. Gets better on the ball for every game, but Saha was able to pich up way too many of their long balls. Especially in the first half. No grave mistakes though.

koscielny: 7 - Probably more to blame when it comes to Saha's excellent first half, but upped his game a lot in the second. And took his goal so well!

CLichy: 9 - Am I being too nice? I really love this guy, and he really deserves some praise after being under heavy criticism in the past. Is in the form of his life, and didn't put a foot wrong from what I can recall.

Song: 6 - Something was wrong with him I felt. A little slow in his distribution, and was part of a midfield that was dominated in the first half.

Wilshere: 5,5 - I'm being a little harsh, but he really lost the ball in the wrong positions today. He's a great player, and will easily bounce back from a sub par performance.

Fabregas: 6,5 - Not at his best, but is still the catalyst in a lot of our offensive play today. Nice assist for Arshavin, but amazingly went missing when we were 2-1 up. Would expect him to tear them a new one after Kos' goal.

Rosicky: 5,5 - Not up for this one. Was muscled off the ball, and failed to pull off his ambitous passes. When you're a player like ROsicky, that means you've had a bad day at work.

Walcott: 6 - Not impressed by Theo today. Thought he failed to really threaten their defense, and wasn't able to move the ball quickly enough. And he was not much of a goal threat at all today.

RvP: 8 - Very impressed by his performance. Worked hard, and came close on three occasions. Two swings and misses with his right foot, but his decision both inside and outside the box is to notcht. Show me another striker with the same consistent high level every time he touches the ball. Such a pro. Hoewever, him and Saha was about equally good in the first half :) Beautiful corner as well.

Subs:
Diaby: 7,5 - i felt he played a little risky initially, but then turned into the offensive driving force we know he can be. I feel he's physically superiour to all his teammates. Even Song and Djorou. Great contribution today.

Arshavin: 9 - Man of the hour! What more can you expect from a second half substitution? Really turned the game around, and took his goal beautifully. What I especially liked about his performance today was that he really seemed to mean business from his first touch. I'm sure he felt he was going to turn the game around when he came on, and he delivered! He's looked encouraging before this season, but today he was all about creativity and sharpness the entire time he was on. I actually believe he's back now.

Bendtner: 7 - Not too shabby! Won headers, got into positions, and oozes selfishness and confidence. Didn't run like silly in the dying minutes, but a lot of strikers wouldn't. He's there to score goals, and that's why he attempts an overhead kick instead of a lay off. I like Bendtner.

yuvken

Established Member
@ outlaw - All true, but Nik's got to keep his head down, work hard and fight. Less of the big mouth, more of that form of late, consistency and professionalism. When his attitude is good, it's always great to have him around.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Szczesny 7
Sagna 6.5
Koscielny 8
Djourou 6.5
Clichy 7.5
Song 4
Cesc 7
Wilshere 5
Walcott 5
RVP 7
Rosicky 2

Arshavin 8
Diaby 6
Bendtner 6.5

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Scezney 6

Sagna 6
Djourou 6
Kosh 8
Clichy 7

Song 6
Wilshere 5
Cesc 6

Rozza 5
Rvp 7
Walcott 6

subs:

Arsh 8
Bendy 6.5
Diaby 7

banduan

Established Member
Muharraqawi said:
Meatwad said:
fellaini looked like he would feast on our midfield in the first half, didn't look so good in the 2nd half though.

I'd put that down to Diaby, he certainly wasn't bullied like Song was and just his size doesn't make it easy to so.

Song wasnt bullied so much as blatantly fouled repeatedly yet with no fouls nor cards forthcoming

Invincible

Established Member
Szczesny 7 - His great save in the first half kept us in it
Djourou 6 - A bit shakey today
Koscielny 8 - Beastly
Clichy 9 - MOTM nuff said
Sagna 8 - Mr Consistent
Song 6 - Decent
Cesc 6 - Not his best game
Wilshere 5 - Poor to be fair
Rosicky 4 - Horrendous
Walcott 7 - Good
van Persie 7 - Should've scored

Diaby 6 - Average
Arshavin 7 - Goal should help his confidence hopefully
Bendtner 6 - Won every header, play him through the middle!

Wenger - 9 Substitutions changed the game. Credit where it's due.

yuvken

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Rosicky 2
Why?
Not one person here gave even one player less than 4 (and even that is really rare).
Giving a player 2 is like an insult. Rosicky wasn't really good today, but he doesn't merit insults.

ricky1985

Established Member
Just got back, I'm absolutely shattered from all of that tbh. Referee is an utter disgrace, honestly, I rarely go on about the referee, prefer to talk about the team, but that was disgusting.

It was farcical when the replay for their goal went up on the big screen and the ref, the linesman, and all the players knew for certain that it was a mile offside. Embarrassing and disgraceful. I'm not sure how much of this is the blood still pumping ferociously through my veins talking, but I honestly think something fishy was going on tonight - I've never seen a game officiated so badly and with such obvious bias.

From where I was it was a HORRIBLE game to watch. I was in row 7, block 5, and every single long ball Everton launched - and there were alot of them - looked like it was a dead cert to go in the back of our net after we kept losing the first header and then failing to get the second ball. Heart stopping viewing.

It also looked like we played pretty poorly, I thought we started the game in a pretty disgraceful fashion and barely had a kick until about the 15th minute. We gave the ball away constantly, failed to press, failed to win the tackles in midfield, we were just awful. Then we started playing properly, passing the ball quickly, pressing ferociously, and opening them up, and for about 15 minutes it was looking good. Then they scored out of nothing thanks that outrageous/pathetic decision from the linesman, and we never really got going again until Arshavin's introduction in the second half.

Andrei was the spark, he offered a little dynamism and directness. Rosicky is simply not a viable option out wide, he's a passable central player, and he showed that with his great through ball for Cesc in the first half, but as a wide player he offers next to nothing. Nicklas was also very, very lively when he came on and won every single header he went for. All-in-all, a great win, really hard fought, and against the odds thanks to the disgraceful refereeing from that cheat Lee Mason.

Also worst song of the night;

Marouane Chamakh, dada da da da, he is not white, he is not black, he comes from a place that's close to Iraq, dada da da da, Marouane Chamakh :lol:

hesham

Established Member
He plays up front and,he plays in attack. He's our mate Marouane Chamakh! Da da dada..

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=4nNpspmCRPA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... nNpspmCRPA</a>

-vapour-

ricky1985 said:
Marouane Chamakh, dada da da da, he is not white, he is not black, he comes from a place that's close to Iraq, dada da da da, Marouane Chamakh :lol:

Yeah that's Chamakhs new song. It actually goes

He's not white, he's not black,
He comes from a place not far from Iraq,
He plays upfront in our attack,
He's our mate - Maraoune Chamakh.

Clearly whoever came up with it didn't realise Morroco is thousands of miles from Iraq.

EDIT - Hesham got there first.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
-vapour- said:
ricky1985 said:

Yeah that's Chamakhs new song. It actually goes

He's not white, he's not black,
He comes from a place not far from Iraq,
He plays upfront in our attack,
He's our mate - Maraoune Chamakh.

Clearly whoever came up with it didn't realise Morroco is thousands of miles from Iraq.

EDIT - Hesham got there first.

:lol: :lol: am from iraq morocco is so far from iraq
not bad song TBH

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom