• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton | Sat 10 Dec 2011 | 15:00

IBL

Established Member
Lets swiftly move on from tonight's debacle and focus on our next home game against the Toffees.

Santos; lets just all hope and pray that he's ok for this one.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Dreading our full back situation. Absolutely going to be no attacking threat from out wide if Santos is out. Koscielny and Vermaelen/Miquel out wide... shudder.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Santos is out of this:

Ches
Djourou-Kos-Per-TV
Arteta-Song-Ramsey
Walcott-RVP-Gervinho

I think we'll drop points here actually, after losing against Stoke Everton will want to respond and with Baines they've got the best LB in the league - against Djourou.

1-1.

ibby

Established Member
Quicker than Walcott said:
Dreading our full back situation. Absolutely going to be no attacking threat from out wide if Santos is out. Koscielny and Vermaelen/Miquel out wide... shudder.
It'll be Djourou and Vermaelen out wide. Not that bad.

But playing Santos and Vermaelen was such a stupid decision with our injury record and the Christmas period coming up. Absolutely no reason to risk it.

mistaT

Established Member
Let's stuff them, points to be made up this weekend with Chelsea/City, Tottenham at SToke and United having a short week after having to play a strong team Wed in the CL all having the potential to lose points :mrgreen:

So while I don't buy into the must win nonsense, a win this weekend is much needed.

arsmile

Established Member
without santos my backline would be kos-mert-verm-miquel. invloving djourou and moving vermaelen out of the middle would both be bad things.

doubt wenger will agree though.

Kwaku

Everton are poor in terms of goals and have only scored 2 more or away from home against a poor Bolton side and a Fulham side after a Europa league game. If we manage to score at least two goals then we should win.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
arsmile said:
without santos my backline would be kos-mert-verm-miquel. invloving djourou and moving vermaelen out of the middle would both be bad things.

That's what I'd play. At least we can expect a solid CB performance and Koscielny is great defensively, even if he is useless going forward. Miquel is decent in general as well.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Everton are rubbish. Santos isn't a great defender of his flank, so we wont miss him in that capacity, although as an attacking threat we will. But ffs, if we're relying on Santos to create then we're screwed, right?

3-0.

ibby

Established Member
arsmile said:

Djourou has been pretty flawless in our league games. Save, of course, for the first five minutes against Chelsea.

Kain

Established Member
First team know what they need to do.

We need the points here, have some difficult away games in the league these next few weeks, so we want to be going to them with our chins up, high in confidence.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ibby said:
arsmile said:

Djourou has been pretty flawless in our league games. Save, of course, for the first five minutes against Chelsea.

Yeah, I think he's been a better deputy than Koscielny at RB, save today.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

on injuries to Lukasz Fabianski and Andre Santos...
Fabianski felt a deep cut on the knee and Santos suffered a bad ankle injury. He looks like he will be out for a while. We have Gibbs coming back in two to three weeks. Hopefully Santos will not be too long but, for Saturday against Everton, he looks to be short. We have as well Vermaelen who can play in his position.

jay-d

Established Member
THunter said:
on injuries to Lukasz Fabianski and Andre Santos...
Fabianski felt a deep cut on the knee and Santos suffered a bad ankle injury. He looks like he will be out for a while. We have Gibbs coming back in two to three weeks. Hopefully Santos will not be too long but, for Saturday against Everton, he looks to be short. We have as well Vermaelen who can play in his position.
Booooooooooooooooo :cry:

blaze_of_glory

Verms will be fine to fill in at LB for a while I think. Hope its not too bad for Santos, I prefer him over Gibbs at this point.

Jbruin

Established Member
So... Djourou-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Vermaelen is our back 4 then... At least we'll be ok on set pieces I suppose :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Jbruin said:
So... Djourou-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Vermaelen is our back 4 then... At least we'll be ok on set pieces I suppose :lol:
Right, off i go to check the odds on Everton scoring from a set-piece. :wink:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Really odd how Wenger can accept the loss in the centre of Vermaelen, and all he brings to the side both in defence and attack so ****ing casually.

"Oh, our best CB can also play LB, so no problem" *nonchalant shrug and a grin*

Nevermind what we're losing, eh? IIRC, that CB come LB saved our bacon Vs Fulham.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom