• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton Saturday 09/01/10 15:00 ATVO

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wenger14 said:
For me Rosicky, Traore, Denilson and Sagna are to blame for the goal. I suppose there's a case for saying Nasri should have seen Traore going towards Cahill and altered his route to cover the middle as well. I also thought it was reckless of Sagna to burst forward when our cb's were already in the box. He should have held his ground, but we were going all out for the goal, so it was a risk we took.

It was just error after error. The goal could have been prevented if just 1 of them did their job.[/quote]

So could most goals!

It doesn't matter to me who was to blame. What matters is that we came back at the death in the snow, against a very game Everton, with the whole football world watching, our detractors ready to write us off again (****in Lou Macari!) and scored a very well worked equalizer-it wasn't pumped into the box but intricatley worked through midfield (in the snow-or did I say that already) and nicely finished off with the outside of rosicknote's right foot (courtesy of Neill's two feet).

Wokich

Everton is a good side. I'm a bit surprised they're so far down the table.

Fellaini was impressive. I'd like to see him in our colors.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Wokich said:
Everton is a good side. I'm a bit surprised they're so far down the table.

Fellaini was impressive. I'd like to see him in our colors.
You are right, they are a good side but they had a slow start and a plethora of injuries.

Fellaini is OK, but a tad overrated in my opinion. He probably wouldn't get away with as much if he played for us either.

banduan

Established Member
Fellaini is actually pretty good but has been woefully out of form this season. 2nd season syndrome mayhaps.

Wenger14

Established Member
redanddread said:
Wenger14 said:
For me Rosicky, Traore, Denilson and Sagna are to blame for the goal. I suppose there's a case for saying Nasri should have seen Traore going towards Cahill and altered his route to cover the middle as well. I also thought it was reckless of Sagna to burst forward when our cb's were already in the box. He should have held his ground, but we were going all out for the goal, so it was a risk we took.

It was just error after error. The goal could have been prevented if just 1 of them did their job.

So could most goals!
Schoolboy errors though. Something a team like ours shouldn't be making, let alone five of them in one move.

sesquioxide

redanddread said:
We gained 5 pts on Chelsea since they beat us...

I do not disagree on what we have achieved so far. I do think we could have done better, and narrowed the gap even further with Chelsea this last game.

2 seasons ago, we put ourselves in the position of having to beat ManU at Old Trafford to win the title. Our miserable defense did not cope then, despite being 1-0 up. I do not want the Chelsea and ManU games to be must win again, because I have no confidence with our defense against them.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
sesquioxide said:
redanddread said:
We gained 5 pts on Chelsea since they beat us...

I do not disagree on what we have achieved so far. I do think we could have done better, and narrowed the gap even further with Chelsea this last game.

2 seasons ago, we put ourselves in the position of having to beat ManU at Old Trafford to win the title. Our miserable defense did not cope then, despite being 1-0 up. I do not want the Chelsea and ManU games to be must win again, because I have no confidence with our defense against them.

I fear for you then as these games will be "must win" games. It will be imperative, either from a points perspective or just from a self-esteem perspective and without winning either of these games our season is likely to be shot.

By the time we lost @ MANU that season the belief within the squad had evaporated (IMHO). Remember at the end of Feb we led by 5pts and had blown it by the time we arrived at OT!

Take 10-12 pts from our next 5 games against Bolton, Villa, MANU, Chelsea & Liverpool is what will be needed to set us up to win the league. We need a result against the top boys. We are lucky in some ways to have a defining string of games this early. Get past them and in good shape and the sky's the limit then.

Mod Edit: No text language please redanddread. You, not U.

Timleaf

Established Member
Why hasn't anything been said about the ridiculous refereeing decision in the immediate aftermarth of Denilson's injury?

As far as I'm concerned if a player collapses apropos of nothing, clutching his chest, then play should be stopped. Without question.

That ref was lucky that;

a) no goal was scored,

and

b) Denilson wasn't seriously hurt.

flobaba

Rules say game should be stopped for only head injuries.

And rightly so too IMO. Else we'll have a lot of useless stoppages when teams are trying to waste time.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
As a ref you need to be flexible and adapt to the situation. The rules doesn't state the the game should only be stopped because of injuries - they just state that it's the only time the referee is required to stop it. If a player has a seizure or suffers organ failure on the field it's extremely poor judgement to let the game go on. We didn't know at the time what happened to Denilson (and we still don't), but if a player is going to the ground right in front of you - seemingly without reason - grasping the area around his heart/lungs, any normal person would have stopped the game instantly.

Peter Walton is, in short, a **** of a man for letting the game go on, and Cahill is a ****ing idiot for playing on too.

alonso14

Established Member
I was laid up in hospital on Saturday, and the two nurses who were looking after our bay were both blues

Everyone on the bay were reds....They kept coming in."ooohhh Everton are 1-0 up!"

When they went 2-1 up they were both in and going on with themselves

Anyway, they were both at the nurse station when you equalised....all our bay started singing "ARSENAL...ARSENAL...ARSENAL"

it was very funny

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom